PS4 vs XBox One, which one will you choose - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 114 (permalink) Old 08-26-13, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Miss the part up there where it says 1/3 of titles will be new franchises?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 114 (permalink) Old 08-26-13, 02:01 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
It has always been the better games, people-freindly system and controls, and the apps they have Brother Subtle.
Better games and controls is always subjective and user preference. I prefer the smaller PS controllers and games-wise looking at the back catalogues of the PS3 vs the 360 again I prefer the PS3 (which is why I bought one at the end of 2011).

MGS4
Naughty Dog's offerings (Uncharted Trilogy and most importantly "The Last of Us")
Killzone Games
God Of War series
inFamous 1 & 2
Heavy Rain
Deamon's Souls

So that's 13 games (give or take) exclusive to PS3.

The only games I want to play exclusive Xbox 360 are the Fable games (2 and 3) and they are also available on PC and Mac in the case of 2. So that's 2 exclusive titles (which aren't really exclusive in this case). As I say though, this is just what I want to play and my preferences.

Making such blanket statements as "better games and people freindly system" really doesn't stack up as it always down to personal preference.
post #73 of 114 (permalink) Old 08-29-13, 12:26 PM

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

For the same reasons Jacobite, I'll be going XB1. Killzone, Uncharted, GranTurismo, Infamous just don't do it for me where, Halo, Forza and TitanFall do. Might even give Sunset Overdrive a whirl too. I like the XB1 exclusives very much.

post #74 of 114 (permalink) Old 08-29-13, 03:55 PM
Banned
SSG.House's Flag is: USA

I owned a PS3 and 360. The PS3 had the xbox beat hands down on paper.
I stopped playing my ps3 shortly after PSN got hacked and stayed dead for a month or so.
Xbox only got better. Sure it had an issue with the red ring. But Sony bricked it's own system not to long ago with an official update it released. The pulled the update quick, but not before hundreds of systems were bricked.

PS3 imho never lived up to it's hype. Gone are the days of free PSN.
my PS3 was a Blu-Ray player...that's it.

And before some Fanboi mentions PS3 was capable of playing games in 1080i.....do the math on how many games actually went there.

I pre ordered an Xbox One day 1 edition. One day I might buy a PS4.

Xbox might not be as sexy on paper.....but Sony never fully utilized the PS3. Only time will tell what they do with the PS4
post #75 of 114 (permalink) Old 08-29-13, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Just like to point out that yes the PS4 has a better video card but it would take a very expensive TV to utilize the video cards completely. Very expensive to the point that spending $400 or 500 on a gaming system wouldn't be an issue.
post #76 of 114 (permalink) Old 08-29-13, 07:55 PM
Banned
SSG.House's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
Just like to point out that yes the PS4 has a better video card but it would take a very expensive TV to utilize the video cards completely. Very expensive to the point that spending $400 or 500 on a gaming system wouldn't be an issue.
How many games would utilize the high end graphics though. Not many used 1080i.
I'm happy with my choice to get an Xbox One. Hopefully it will remain that way after launch.
post #77 of 114 (permalink) Old 08-29-13, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Probably a lot more tbh as 1080 is the new standard, though they will probably use the P instead of I
post #78 of 114 (permalink) Old 08-31-13, 12:14 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
I prefer the smaller PS controllers and games-wise looking at the back catalogues of the PS3 vs the 360
Again, thats your preference; for my part I admit I like the Xbox controller over the PS design. I also prefer the much more aggressive games with in-depth story lines compared to those of PS series. To each his or her own my freind

However I feel I can make such blanket statements based on the 360's performance; and the basic ideals MS is trying to incorporate into the Xbox One. 360 really took off with Halo, then COD, then Batlefield, e.t.c. However what really made it popular in my opinion, and Gaming Informer has quite a few articles on the matter, is the "Apps" and people freindly system. It's easy to navigate a 360....PSN looks like a ARGOS Central Control from a warship. Plus those Apps that were on Xbox first such as NetFlix, MSNBC, NFL, Anime, and more made it what it is today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
Miss the part up there where it says 1/3 of titles will be new franchises?
Nope, and I'm excited to play most of them, as the new talent that has aggressively taken over the industry since all the in-fighting began will finally get a chance to show itself. I'm stiff holding judgement though, as always, until I physically get my hands on those games. Like with Saints Row IV, a games only as good as it plays; not as good as it's media hype.

\BTW Djinn, +1 for excellent point on the TV versus the graphics. A sound arguement that never really has seen the light of day

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #79 of 114 (permalink) Old 08-31-13, 01:57 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
I also prefer the much more aggressive games with in-depth story lines compared to those of PS series. To each his or her own my freind
Play the Last of Us or indeed any games made Naughty Dog (owned by Sony) and then come and tell me that Xbox has more indepth story games compared to the PS3. Go on I dare you. In one sentence you say it's down to personal preference and then in other your back with your blanket statements. Love generalisations don't you.

Personally I've played some Halo games and I wouldn't call them aggressive at all, same with Gears of War, Halo feels light and Gears of War feels clunky. Then again Resistance (on PS3) has some of the shittest level design I've ever seen and yet is a popular franchise on PS3. Making blanket calls about back catalogues of PS3 VS Xbox doesn't get you anywhere. Again it's personal preference.

Also COD and Battlefield are available on PS3 so I struggling to see how that's related to Xbox's success.
post #80 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-01-13, 03:31 PM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

quick question can the ps4 play ps3 games? ive not looked into it yet thought id ask here

cheers all

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode