PS4 vs XBox One, which one will you choose - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 10:20 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Respect for them for admitting they fucked up and changing things. Nice to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 10:24 PM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

@Djinn
Is that real? If so, they totally flip flopped on what they were doing! If they are actually putting those changes in affect, then that's going to make a LOT of people happy. But that would mean microsoft listened....
Side note: Could it be that the crap they said in the beginning was only to create press for the xbox?
post #43 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 10:34 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Respect for them for admitting they fucked up and changing things. Nice to see.
They're not admitting they fucked up. They're scrabbling to save face because shareholders are running scared shitless after the backlash. Frankly, it should continue. Sony and Microsoft just didn't do the wrong thing in the first place, and Microsoft shouldn't be rewarded with praise for a completely financial decision made at the last minute (despite saying to many journalists in the last weeks that the decision cannot be reversed as it's so integral to the system).

Hopefully, people have the intelligence to stick by their guns and continue to stay far, far away from the system. Of course, expecting the typical gamer to have any attachment to their principles whatsoever is blind optimism, but blind optimism is fun.

Of course, Sony are fully capitalizing on the situation for purely financial reasons too. They're a company. Why wouldn't they? But they at least didn't come across as arrogant, anti-consumer and anti-community at every point, only to backtrack on what they "strongly believe is best for gamers everywhere" (to paraphrase).

The only things Microsoft accomplished at E3 and the weeks beforehand are massively, massively improving the share price of all their competitors, angering the vast majority of their would-be customers (driving many to look further into and preorder PS4s and/or buy WiiUs in the process) and driving potential investors away from their own system. The damage has been done.

On the upside, the poor excuse for Killer Instinct might possibly get a seventh player one day somewhere because of this.

Last edited by WoRLoKKeD; 06-19-13 at 10:37 PM.
post #44 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 10:49 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Oh I fully understand why they've done it, its all the money game to them however sometimes these companies do tend to refuse to listen to criticism *not looking at any company in particular* and no it won't change my mind, I'm still going with PS4.
post #45 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki1416 View Post
@Djinn
Is that real? If so, they totally flip flopped on what they were doing! If they are actually putting those changes in affect, then that's going to make a LOT of people happy. But that would mean microsoft listened....
Side note: Could it be that the crap they said in the beginning was only to create press for the xbox?
That is straight from Microsoft
post #46 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-20-13, 11:26 AM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

think this pretty much sums it up:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...rgency-Special

ie: good for them, but keep an eye on them in the future. personally, neither appeal much to me, but there has been a recent trend of companies stopping their shitty anti-consumer money grabs. hope it continues.

post #47 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-20-13, 09:33 PM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.
and also this.....................

Quote:
In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today.
Just like STEAM on the PC. As I also said before they will slowly be moving to make this the dominant form of electronical entertainment purchasing. So seriously guys, quite the one-sided PS4 arguements. As some of you stated they probably did that as a PR campaign to see what would be the reaction so they could custom tailor it. And you all probably fell for it, just as I did, like the gullible consumers we are.

Quote:
An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360
Damn, what did I tell you all. They said this weeks ago but no, all you PS4 junkies didn't want to here it. OH SNAP GUYS

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #48 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-20-13, 09:55 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

You told us what exactly? All you did was drone on and on about how the xbox one is going to be the god machine, and the best damn thing in the fucking world. Like WoRLoKKeD said, this is Microsoft trying to save face, not some retarded PR campaign that everyone fell for. Everyone in here had legitimate complaints about the xbox one. THAT is why many of us said fuck it, we're switching consoles.

You have the nerve to call us junkies? Really? For switching to PS4 for legitimate reasons, and that makes us the equivalent of fanboys? Really now? So what does that make you for wanking all over the xbox one this entire thread, basically telling us we're wrong for switching? Take your stubborn fanboyism somewhere else, its not wanted nor is it needed here. Take your childish "I told you so's" elsewhere as well.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #49 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-20-13, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

The rumors for the PS4 where DRM locked games, etc etc. If the PS4 would have released first this exact situation would have been done in reverse I am pretty damn sure. Don't play it that Sony is the patron saint of Video Games, they just saw the titanic cluster fuck that the One was turing into and adjusted fire for E3.

Xbox still have better exclusives, more of them, and much more innovating in terms of control mechanisms. PS fucked themselves with their lame ass Move and seems to be doing it again with color change controllers.
post #50 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-20-13, 10:16 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Ok? I'm not going to PS4 because they capitalized o the situation. I'm going to PS4 because Microsoft fucked up. They fixed these fuck ups, but i'm still not going back because of the shit with Kinect. You need it for the xbox one to work. Its always on, could possibly be used to scan your room. I got along just fine without one on my Xbox 360, why should I have to have one for xbox one? I don't care if its refined. It should not be an essential part of the machine, but optional. Thats why I didn't buy it for xbox 360, because it was optional, and because I didn't want one. I still don't want one, I think its a stupid, fucking retarded gimmick.

I don't care about exclusives. Don't care about the supposed "Innovating control mechanisms". I don't care about that, that is not what makes a good console. At least not game exclusives. Them having better exclusives is a matter of opinion anyway.

I'm not going to be called a PS4 junkie (i.e. fanboy) because I had legitimate reasons for switching. That is just childish, and it is not fucking needed here. Neither are the childish I told you so's, though you didn't say shit.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.

Last edited by DeathJester921; 06-20-13 at 10:19 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode