PS4 vs XBox One, which one will you choose - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-13-13, 11:08 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Playstation 4 most likely, how much will online gaming subscription be for either? the reason I don't want an xbox again is because of the additional cost for the online gaming, if the ps 4 is cheaper across the board, I'll go for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-14-13, 01:27 AM

cubebus's Flag is: Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post

First it brings home the combination of Gameplay DVR and Twitch TV Live Streaming from the console. The idea of having your Xbox record your best moments without have to buy expensive capture cards, upgrading your PC, hassling with connection issues between PC and Xbox. It even responds to voice commands in the process of this......come on people thats just cool. Anyway I can record that moment for my freinds. To teach, to show, to be badass, or for self-gratification. PS$......don't see anything like it.
The PS4 has streaming, and you can capture and share gameplay via a share button on the controller etc.. Also, when you stream a game. You can let another player take control of your character, from his own couch and controller. That would allow you to play a singleplayer game, while you friend watches from home. And when you die ingame, you can let your friend control your character from his own home.

PS4 is the most used machine for Netflix, and even then... this is a console, not a TV or some DVR. I already have all those channels on my TV, not to mention that all those TV features aren't supported outside the US.

Quote:
Then the fact that you can seemlessly move from watching TV to playing games to social media Apps, to Netflix and other Apps that will soon be offered. I mean Jesus no more loading screens; thats cause enough for me to give this machine a try but I will yeild if your more patient than me. Probably coming to PS4 with further development but for now is missing entirely.
You can seemlessly move around games, downloads, apps and such on PS4 aswell as far as i know. And you can play a game, while your downloading it. Also, the system is ready to start all the time. Which means there is no boot up time.

Quote:
Fourthly we look at the games themselves. It is true the One is not backwards compatible; which PS4 trumps it there. However PS4 was lacking very much so in new content that grabbed players. The Order: 1886, Kingdom of Hearts III (a very highly anticipated game), and Elder Scrolls: Online were certainly impressive, Elder Scrolls taking home the cake. But really....another typical KillZone game, more sports games, another Final Fantasy, and Mad Max? Your joking right? I don't see how anyone thinks PS4 is great with these titles, and the rest that were mentioned are cross-compatible with Xbox One. I can almost bet you that once all those PS4 "converts" start missing there Xbox One exclusives like Halo, Titan Fall, and iconic COD and Battlefield 4 they will immediatly scramble to buy Xbox One's.
Another typical Killzone? more Sports games? This Killzone is very different from the rest, and what about yet another typical Halo game? Also, i didn't see a single sport game at the Sony conference, while Microsoft showed 4 sport titles :p

Sony have more inhouse developers, which means more exclusives. Look at this generation. Xbox 360 had Halo, GoW and Forza, which where Xbox only. While Alan Wake and Fable where on PC aswell. PS3 had God of War, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Twisted Metal, Last of Us, Warhawk, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Killzone, Demon Souls, Socom, Resistence, Gran Turismo, Infamous. And all those vere only on PS3, not shared with PC.
I think we will see the same again this gen :/

Quote:
Indie Games have now come to the forefront of game development; allowing a lot of young and inexperienced amatuers to climb the ladder and make a small profit. Sony has screamed it's lungs out about how great they are for adopting Indie game friendly policies. Can I point out Mircosoft beat them to the punch ALMOST 3 YEARS AGO!!!!??? People seem to forge tthis simple fact, and I think it's huge personally. Mircosoft is more Indie freindly, and now offers the same with huge system leaps which will lead to even better creativity.
Indie developers have critized Microsft new direction with the indie games, because they have made it very hard to get through and actually release an indie game on the Xbox. While they are happy about Sony wanting to focus alot more on Indie games, and not make the process harder. They already showed more than 10 indie games at their conference.

Quote:
I will be the first to admit I have been somewhat slow to embrace digital content, having talked in the past how I donít like to buy games off Steam and Arcade due to memory issues. My concern was that the games we play have no future; theyíll eventually disappear. That being said, thereís good reason why Steam is the most popular PC gaming platform and phones have embraced digital as the only form of distribution. Digital distribution is convenient, instant, and just works. Yes, you can still buy games on disc for Xbox One, but why would you?
What happens to all your digital, or disc games on the Xbox One. When Microsoft pulls the servers down? When they did it to the original xbox, you couldn't play multiplayer anymore. You could still play the games offline,. Because it wasn't an alway online consol, this time around all your games will be useless.. Aswell as the console pretty much, since it requires to check in once a day to work properly.

Quote:
What people are forgetting, what Sony is trying to supress, and what the crappy Xbox One PR team have not blasted enough is that gamers can share games. With the One you can either log in to your friendís console with your account, thus giving your freind access to your games permenantly, or you can share your game library using the Xbox Oneís built-in share feature. WOW ,did you all forget that from the breifing? Your friend can then play your games as long as you keep them on your share list, and the only restriction is that you canít both play the same game at the same time. Therefore I personally feel that Digital downloads will become the way of the future, and PS4 stupidity to not realize that is going to kill it in the near future.
:
This was listed as an actuall feature! of the Xbox One. Share your games with up to 10 family members, or with a friend. Your friend has to have been on your friendlist for a minimum of 30 days, and you can only share the game once. Hmm.... wasn't it usually possible to share your games with all the family members and friends you wanted to? How is that a feature, it's a restriction. While on the PS4, you can sell, lend, borrow, trade your games to every person you want to! Also, you can play a game whenever, wherever you want to. And you don't need to worry about any online check ups, if your Kinect is on or if the servers go down.

All that along with it actually being 100$ cheaper, and the PS+ isn't needed to go on netflix, youtube and other basic online featues. And it gives you alot of games every month.

It's a goodbye Microsoft from me

post #23 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-14-13, 01:46 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

For all those who still aren't sure. Metal Gear V is NOT Xbox exclusive.
post #24 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-14-13, 01:54 AM

Nave Senrag's Flag is: USA

Were I not pouring money into finally building a gaming PC, it would be PS4 for me. Xbox One is just not a good enough deal considering all of the shackles it comes with.

That said, Xbox One is the future. I think Microsoft will bite the bullet this generation and come out ahead in 10 years when Sony gets strongarmed into DRM and permanent connectivity next generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
Yup, that sounds about right. The only faction who are a bigger bunch of backstabbers than the Imperium are the Eldar (and this is debatable as the Eldar only stab OTHER factions in the back).
post #25 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-14-13, 03:09 AM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Game restrictions on selling or trading is on the hands of the developers not Microsoft. Also the fact that the kinetic is included means all games can now utilize it. Both PS4 and One can like to android and iPhone/ipad devices for a second screen. And there are downsides to buying PS games used. They can't be used for achievements for example.
post #26 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-15-13, 12:06 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
how much will online gaming subscription be for either
I beleive PS4 will have a yearly subscription of $59.99 for the whole year compared to Xbox which will charge $10.00 to start for all 2013 and then starting in 2014 will go for the normal $19.99 for 3 months. TBH though I got that from a shaky source so you may want to see if you can find out in the E3 videos what they will be charging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Metal Gear V is NOT Xbox exclusive.
Ah, thnxs for the information bro. Been wanting to know. That being said, Kojima is still firmly in Mircosofts camp now; having given up on Sony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
They can't be used for achievements for example
Really, didn't know that; very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubebus View Post
The PS4 has streaming, and you can capture and share gameplay via a share button on the controller etc..
No you cannot Stream, let alone use Twitch, on the PS4; sorry. You can however capture short clips and "Share" them with freinds. However the amount of room for this is small, and honeslty was hurriedly put into the system once Xbox dropped the bomb on it before E3.

Quote:
You can seemlessly move around games, downloads, apps and such on PS4 aswell as far as i know
Actually you cannot. While Xbox One has Voice Recognition software PS4 will not be coming out with it initially. There are plans in the pipe, but as I yet I have no news or references that point to PS4 having that seemless movement. Additionally they are using the same menu system, so there is a boot up time, though it is .4 seconds faster than Xbox apparently.

Quote:
only on PS3
Really because I know that this http://www.granturismo-6.net/gran-tu...-and-xbox-360/ , oh and this Category:Xbox 360-only games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia are great examples of how wrong that is.

Is that F.E.A.R I see, oh and Fable, maybe the cross-platform Dance Central or maybe Dead Rising. I think I spy with my little eyes Crackdown series, ChromeHounds, Ace Combat 6, Saints Row (the origional), Raiden, and Ninja Gaiden II. Damn son if were going to get into pissing contest over titles I shouldn't even mention Call of Duty: Modern Warefare which was slated for 360 exclusive but then changed at the last minute when Sony realized the records sales being generated "before" the game ever was sold. Seriously cubecus, please bring a better point than this as we could go all day.

Quote:
Indie developers have critized Microsft new direction with the indie games, because they have made it very hard to get through and actually release an indie game on the Xbox. While they are happy about Sony wanting to focus alot more on Indie games, and not make the process harder. They already showed more than 10 indie games at their conference.
This is true except for two things. First is these indie gamers have not started production on games because Microsoft kept such a tight lid on there new machine whereas Sony did not.

Secondly, Microsofts trying to geenrate revenue to keep systems running. I will give it maybe 2 years and then Indie gamers will see Sony charge the same thing. Get over it in my opinion, but hey, it's anyones ball game here.

Quote:
When Microsoft pulls the servers down?
Oh man, how many times have I heard this one. The answer is simple cubebus, don't buy Digital then. As of now Mircosoft is still selling games in disc format, and therefore you can play your games if you buy them "hardware style" as the new term has been coined. Don't like it, tough I say.

You sound like PC STEAM gamers who whine when they cannot play there games because STEAM's updates or server maintenance. Seriously, it was your choice, so get over it. Thats the easy answer; really no arguement here. Could happen to anyone regardless of console or PC.

Quote:
And you don't need to worry about any online check ups, if your Kinect is on or if the servers go down.
Really? So when your Sony servers crash or need to be updated, which Sony has admitted to as being a problem for there new machine; will you wish you had a One? Plus you don't need the Kinect to log on, and if your freind has a Xbox One then it will be possible to log onto your account from there and "Digitally Download" the game onto his machine. Duh!!!!

Additionally as time goes on they will create slimmer and slimmer versions of the damn machine. Have a little faith cubebus, because your arguement here is low.

Anyway, you should check Sony's lastest annoucements and breifings with the press, much of it reviels details about the PS4 that simply don't impress me. I'll wait till the One takes the icing off the cake and then say, "I told ya so"

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #27 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-16-13, 08:52 PM

cubebus's Flag is: Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote:
No you cannot Stream, let alone use Twitch, on the PS4; sorry. You can however capture short clips and "Share" them with freinds. However the amount of room for this is small, and honeslty was hurriedly put into the system once Xbox dropped the bomb on it before E3.
Yes it can stream, here you go. PS4 to support cloud gaming, live streaming - GameSpot.com Drive Club, the Evolution racer nine years in the making | Features | Edge Online just search the page for stream, long article.

Also, Sony revealed the Share and streaming functions back in February, not at E3. long before Microsoft even unveiled the Xbox One.

Quote:
Actually you cannot. While Xbox One has Voice Recognition software PS4 will not be coming out with it initially. There are plans in the pipe, but as I yet I have no news or references that point to PS4 having that seemless movement. Additionally they are using the same menu system, so there is a boot up time, though it is .4 seconds faster than Xbox apparently.
It can seamlessly upload footage, or download games, videos etc.. PS4 media sharing capabilities revealed | Polygon
No it dosn't have voice recognition, i never said it had.

Quote:
Really because I know that this http://www.granturismo-6.net/gran-tu...-and-xbox-360/ , oh and this Category:Xbox 360-only games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia are great examples of how wrong that is.

Is that F.E.A.R I see, oh and Fable, maybe the cross-platform Dance Central or maybe Dead Rising. I think I spy with my little eyes Crackdown series, ChromeHounds, Ace Combat 6, Saints Row (the origional), Raiden, and Ninja Gaiden II. Damn son if were going to get into pissing contest over titles I shouldn't even mention Call of Duty: Modern Warefare which was slated for 360 exclusive but then changed at the last minute when Sony realized the records sales being generated "before" the game ever was sold. Seriously cubecus, please bring a better point than this as we could go all day.
You're right about this one, i had forgoten about games like Crackdown and such. But it still seems to me that PS3 had more, big exclusive game series. Your welcome to compare.

Quote:
Oh man, how many times have I heard this one. The answer is simple cubebus, don't buy Digital then. As of now Mircosoft is still selling games in disc format, and therefore you can play your games if you buy them "hardware style" as the new term has been coined. Don't like it, tough I say.

You sound like PC STEAM gamers who whine when they cannot play there games because STEAM's updates or server maintenance. Seriously, it was your choice, so get over it. Thats the easy answer; really no arguement here. Could happen to anyone regardless of console or PC.

Really? So when your Sony servers crash or need to be updated, which Sony has admitted to as being a problem for there new machine; will you wish you had a One? Plus you don't need the Kinect to log on, and if your freind has a Xbox One then it will be possible to log onto your account from there and "Digitally Download" the game onto his machine. Duh!!!!
Im not saying digital games are bad, but if the Xbox One servers go down. You can't use the console.. at all! If the PS4 servers go down, you can still play offline. It's not digital games, it's always online consoles.

post #28 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-16-13, 09:29 PM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

sorry Emperorshand89, you can keep being in microsofts camp, but you obviously have not kept up on the new consoles at all.

EVEN DISC GAMES REQUIRE ONLINE ACCESS WITH THE Xbox one. Always Online Connection - Xbox One Wiki Guide - IGN
Xbox One's Online Requirements Shackle Gaming | Video Games | TechNewsDaily.com

as to you Djinn, Microsofts actually enforcing their DRM on the xbox 1, with ALL their games, similar to how steam on the PC works. even indie or third party games will be required to still be linked to an account, thus creating an issue with trading.
post #29 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-16-13, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Microsoft controls ensuring game developers license policies are enforced. The publisher actually controls how their license is used. Joe Bubba publishing says open license as long as the game disk is there then that's how it is. It still has to authenticate. If Bubba Gump publishing says to play a previously registered gazelle you have to pay 10 for a pre played game then Microsoft ensures the 10 is played before adding it to a new account.

They may enforce it buy it's not their (MS) DRM.

Publisher controlled DRM has been happening in the book industry for a while and it's not new.
post #30 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 03:02 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
It can seamlessly upload footage, or download games, videos etc
No, and that article doesn't really sell me that it can. I can give my One a simple voice command, a simple button push and it will move to the next screen. PS4 still looks to have a dashboard, a menu, and then a loading screen. Sorry, but I'm not convinced, answer is still NO

Quote:
You're right about this one, i had forgoten about games like Crackdown and such. But it still seems to me that PS3 had more, big exclusive game series. Your welcome to compare
Not really no, though I'm sure I missed some PS3 titles as well in all fairness. PS4 has it's games, Xbox has theirs. However in comparing the two Xbox 360 games have had a much more higher success rate and seen higher amounts of traffic in both gamer's and profits. Thus I feel that the One will eventually come to the top, where as PS4 can enjoy their spotlight now but will eventually fade as their predecessor did.

Quote:
but if the Xbox One servers go down. You can't use the console.. at all!
and?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Werewolf_Arngeirr View Post
EVEN DISC GAMES REQUIRE ONLINE ACCESS WITH THE Xbox one.
Not really Wolf. You are both missing the point. If the games go down you can still play them via your Xbox One. From my understanding the system works similar to the CLOUD system of STEAM on PC's, and downloadable games on your Xbox One are similar to that process. You will have your "Library" of games that you can download from at anytime, and then there will be the games already downloaded onto your One. So say therefore your servers crash; you can still play the games that have already been downloaded onto your computer.

Also WEREWOLF, they did announce disk format for all Xbox One games so far. Thus if it crashes you can still play the damn game, you just won't have online multiplayer. Same thing could be said about 360 now and even PS4 to an extent. So really, that argument is honestly flawed, and your going to have to try harder to convince me otherwise.

To answer your overall question Cubebus it's not so much I am in one camp or the other. While I like the One over the PS4 for reasons I've clearly stated repeatedly it's more that the PS4 camp has been so hostile to people like me who have considered converting. The rudeness, hostility, bad mannered, and ill-tempered PS4 players honestly don't make me want to change if that's what awaits me when I need to make new friends to play with. Hope that answers your question

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode