PS4 vs XBox One, which one will you choose - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 06:50 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Yeah...not all those mods I would say are positive, some are shit, some are weird and the loli mod..........right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 06:56 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
Yeah...not all those mods I would say are positive, some are shit, some are weird and the loli mod..........right
Never said they were all positive. There are a good majority of the mods that add something worthwhile to the game. New quests, awesome looking armors and weapons, houses, opening up the world of tamriel (people are in the process of remaking morrowind with the skyrim engine, then theres one of the elsweyr mods that is damn good), etc etc. Focus on the good mods, not the bad.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #103 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-24-13, 07:17 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
How is it better on PC?, does the PC improve the story of Skyrim?
Does a PC make the CoD series any less shit?
Does a PC make WoW any less embarrassing to admit playing?
It depends on what you want from a game and from the experience. I can only speak from personal preference on this one, so I will stick to that.

When I look at a game, I look at both the gameplay and the fluidity of the game. I like my games to look good, have good framerates, while I also enjoy the story. It's the overall experience I rate, not just the story and the mechanics.

As such, seeing as you mentioned Skyrim, I will take that as a example. I think that game (just like Fallout 3) is horrid on a console, due to the following aspects:

- It is locked to 30 FPS which bothers my eyes (and in this case, rarely gets above 25 on either console)
- The graphics (textures, resolution, etc) are inferior to even a mid-range PC. Considering this game is about immersion and seeing this grand and beautiful world, this is a big issue for me.
- The controls are slower and more sluggish, due to a twin-stick controller
- I cannot mod the game in any way shape or form

Personally I view this as I view a movie; Some people are fine with a DVD version of a movie. They just want to see the story, the characters and the outline. And that's totally fine.
I would never buy, rent or watch anything below BluRay. The enhanced quality makes my experience watching the movie a better one. In the end, I enjoy it more. There's less... noise for me to ignore to just enjoy the experience.

It's the same with games; The game itself does not change, in most cases, but my overall experience and immersion in the game becomes greater when the game looks, feels and runs better. I suspect it's the same with many PC enthusiasts, if you look past the "herp derp consoles suck!" people.

Different people enjoy different things.

Last edited by Nordicus; 09-24-13 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Typos :(
post #104 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-24-13, 08:49 AM
Banned
SSG.House's Flag is: USA

Quote:
How is it better on PC?, does the PC improve the story of Skyrim?
Does a PC make the CoD series any less shit?
Does a PC make WoW any less embarrassing to admit playing?

Ok a PC is better for RTS games, but that's really it
You are such a fucking negitive nancy. Someone doesnt agree with your hate and anger and you spew forth more hate and anger. Get a grip. 90% of the shit you post is bullshit brought on because you hate life.

CoD is agreat series. PCs are great gaming plateforms. I enjoy PC gaming more so then Console because its easier and more accurate for me to WASD and mouse. A lot of people feel the same way.

As for constantly upgrading a computer to play the latest game.....thats bullshit. The only item I upgraded on my 6 year old rig was when I upgraded my 8800GTXs to the 640 series of Nvidia cards. Most people upgrade not because they have to, but because they can. I build my own gaming rigs. I upgrade when there is something out there to help me squeeze a little more life, or power out of it.

I never had any issues running games on High settings. (Koolance Liquid Cooling FTW)
post #105 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-24-13, 11:02 AM
blahblahblahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG.House View Post
You are such a fucking negitive nancy. Someone doesnt agree with your hate and anger and you spew forth more hate and anger. Get a grip. 90% of the shit you post is bullshit brought on because you hate life.

CoD is agreat series. PCs are great gaming plateforms. I enjoy PC gaming more so then Console because its easier and more accurate for me to WASD and mouse. A lot of people feel the same way.

As for constantly upgrading a computer to play the latest game.....thats bullshit. The only item I upgraded on my 6 year old rig was when I upgraded my 8800GTXs to the 640 series of Nvidia cards. Most people upgrade not because they have to, but because they can. I build my own gaming rigs. I upgrade when there is something out there to help me squeeze a little more life, or power out of it.

I never had any issues running games on High settings. (Koolance Liquid Cooling FTW)
I was going to ask if somebody pissed in your coffee this morning, then noticed you said CoD was a great gaming series, so instead I'll assume your probably 12 and so do not drink coffee
post #106 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-24-13, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
I was going to ask if somebody pissed in your coffee this morning, then noticed you said CoD was a great gaming series, so instead I'll assume your probably 12 and so do not drink coffee
It isa good series. Just because it doesnt fit your emo cutting style doesnt lessen the game any.
post #107 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-24-13, 03:43 PM
blahblahblahblah

Emo cutting, funny, its the same crap over and over again, the storyline is nonexistent, the characters have less structure than a vacuum cleaner, the online play is as balanced as a see-saw and the typical player is a screamy voiced boy who's balls haven't dropped with the attention span of a heavily distracted kitten
post #108 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-24-13, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Emo cutting, funny, its the same crap over and over again, the storyline is nonexistent, the characters have less structure than a vacuum cleaner, the online play is as balanced as a see-saw and the typical player is a screamy voiced boy who's balls haven't dropped with the attention span of a heavily distracted kitten
Theres actually quite a good story line. Just because it doesnt fit into your realm of likes, doesnt make it a crappy game.
Multiplayer like all MP games is based on skill. Sure theres insta jib weapons, and favorites you unlock along the way, but its still enjoyable. Riddle me this emo boy, if its such a craptastic game....why are they so popular hell even MW2 still has fantastic player base. Again it boils down to you not liking something, weather it be lack of skill, or wrong genre but If you dont like something, you whine, and snivle and get all hateful towards it.

Im begining to wonder if mommy loved you.

Yourwprld is sodoom and gloom, and you insist on spreading the anger and hate to every thread you touch....often for no reason then to be a troll. That signature under your name says it all. Face facts dude, you honestly have nothing genuine to share....its all angst and hate.

Need some tampons or midol?
post #109 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-24-13, 04:14 PM
blahblahblahblah

Actually no she didn't, jerk.
post #110 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-24-13, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually no she didn't, jerk.
It shows.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode