PS4 vs XBox One, which one will you choose - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-19-13, 11:41 PM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
PC master race comment.
Sir I agree with the fact that PC still out does both consoles by far, but a note if I may. I use both PC and Xbox....Playstation be damned! However for $500 I get a good unit built for games I enjoy. Not only that but they will repair my unit that, lets be honest, will last longer than my PC will, should it decide to break.

Therefore while PC is the master race, i feel that Xbox, and maybe Playstation (GGRRRRR!!!!!) can match up in durability with a PC. Especially since alot of custom made computers are poorly designed and tend to die early on.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-20-13, 07:57 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
I meant on here.... Never mind.

My system cost me about 1400 and could have used some better stuff and is AMD based.
Yeah, probably best not to go into the whole spec list, but its cost about $1000 and can run most games on ultra and do it with 60 fps plus. Not the benchmark games, mind you, but most games. PS2 in a bio-dome fight will make it crap it's pants on high, but meh, works.

Anyway, I say it doesn't cost $1500-$2500 to build a good gaming rig (for the upper end of that it better be damn good), and you say it does. Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
Sir I agree with the fact that PC still out does both consoles by far, but a note if I may. I use both PC and Xbox....Playstation be damned! However for $500 I get a good unit built for games I enjoy. Not only that but they will repair my unit that, lets be honest, will last longer than my PC will, should it decide to break.

Therefore while PC is the master race, i feel that Xbox, and maybe Playstation (GGRRRRR!!!!!) can match up in durability with a PC. Especially since alot of custom made computers are poorly designed and tend to die early on.
Tis true, though the ability to upgrade your rig is damn convenient, but, yes, those consoles last a damn long time.
post #93 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-22-13, 09:18 PM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
though the ability to upgrade your rig is damn convenient,
This no one can argue with

However on that note I cannot help but wonder that since both Sony/Mircosoft have moved closer with PC tech in their consoles if soon console machines will be upgradable? People have done it (though illegally) and improved the current systems. It would be interesting to see what they could do

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #94 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-22-13, 09:36 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
This no one can argue with

However on that note I cannot help but wonder that since both Sony/Mircosoft have moved closer with PC tech in their consoles if soon console machines will be upgradable? People have done it (though illegally) and improved the current systems. It would be interesting to see what they could do
I doubt it would come to that though unless they came out with the parts themselves. Otherwise, what would be in it for them? They wouldn't be getting the money for the parts to upgrade them.

It would be nice though

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #95 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-22-13, 11:45 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

No one is ever going to put a warranty on a console AND give you the ability to fuck with its innards. Just not going to happen.
post #96 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 06:42 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

I laugh at PC gamers, I always enjoy hearing them go on and on about building a PC for 1500, yet they keep adding and adding an extra 100 of crap and upgrades every few months to play the latest game from 2 months ago while I sit happily enjoying games on a 250 machine that doesn't need upgrading and doesn't need to spend an hour installing games.

The games in the end are exactly the same, your super mega dust collector does not improve the storyline of a game, and does not improve a game if it is crap and you'll still get the same churned out bullshit.

Yes, your a winner.
post #97 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
I laugh at PC gamers, I always enjoy hearing them go on and on about building a PC for 1500, yet they keep adding and adding an extra 100 of crap and upgrades every few months to play the latest game from 2 months ago while I sit happily enjoying games on a 250 machine that doesn't need upgrading and doesn't need to spend an hour installing games.

The games in the end are exactly the same, your super mega dust collector does not improve the storyline of a game, and does not improve a game if it is crap and you'll still get the same churned out bullshit.

Yes, your a winner.
Couldn't have said it better myself

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
post #98 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 01:33 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

I'm definitely going for the PS4.

I've enjoying my Playstation+ subscription immensely with the free games, I enjoy the exclusive titles more and overall I like the mentality behind Sony better than Microsoft on this area.

In the end, this is like the Nintendo vs Sega debate in the 90's; Essentially both machines are better and worse than each other in various areas - It's solely down to personal taste.

---EDIT---

Regarding the PC issue, there's more to it than that though. I'm sure you know this, so I'll leave it be.

Myself I play certain genres on certain machines. Beat'em'ups, car racing and spectacle fighters I find best on a console, where I find that games such as RPG's, WoW style MMO's and First person shooters are better to play on a PC.

You will always find people who vigorously defend their platform (be it console or PC) but to claim that either is shit is a bit overdramatic. They have each their audience, who have each their focus in games.

Last edited by Nordicus; 09-23-13 at 01:39 PM.
post #99 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 02:38 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

How is it better on PC?, does the PC improve the story of Skyrim?
Does a PC make the CoD series any less shit?
Does a PC make WoW any less embarrassing to admit playing?

Ok a PC is better for RTS games, but that's really it
post #100 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-23-13, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
How is it better on PC?, does the PC improve the story of Skyrim?

Ok a PC is better for RTS games, but that's really it
RTS i'm with you on. Skyrim.... well on PC you can mod the game. So many mods, so little time. That's really the only good thing PC has over some games on console is the ability to mod them.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode