BattleField 3 or Call of Duty: Black Ops II; Which Series is better? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

View Poll Results: Battlefield or Call of Duty, which one would you side with?
Battlefield 8 61.54%
Call of Duty 2 15.38%
Neither, I hate both 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!
BattleField 3 or Call of Duty: Black Ops II; Which Series is better?

So gents and ladies the topic came up once again at the local gaming club of which First Person Shooter(FPS) is superior? The infamous Call of Duty funded by the ever growing conglomerate Activision and field created by Infinity Studios, or the immortalized Battlefield series created by the new generation gamers DICE Studios and there sidekick Electronic Arts Gaming; the old aged producer of video games.

Out of all reviews given to both sides by well known Gaming Magazines Battlefield won with a 4-3 lead. However the online community game Call of Duty the edge in blogs and forums according to www.SPEAKEASY.com. Additionally MetaCritic, the giant of Electronic Entertainment Rating, gave Battlefield 3 a 89 over Call of Duty's 83. Finally at E3 is was a close race between both sides and Gear of War Judgement, but Battlefield 3 barely pulled out by 26 votes over Call of Duty: Black Ops II.

Thus the die is cast and the question here for this thread is simple: Which side would you pick, and a few reasons why you feel your side would win the war?

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 10:52 PM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

i prefer battlefield, but that is due to the team based objectives, vehicles and map sizes. i find that there is little team work in COD. that and COD has serious hacking issues.

in honesty though, i find counterstrike and neotokyo the better games by far.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 10:59 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

battlefield 3 was okay but server issues on the patches (4 hours before I could play on first go) were retarded and COD is exactly the same as it was (?) years ago,
crysis 1 was a far superior game to both series

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 11:05 PM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

If you are looking for multiplayer I plus 1 counter strike. It being the daddy of all these modern shooter whipper snappers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 11:20 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's like asking which is your favourite handful of shit. Drop them and come play on Arma 3. Best £30 you'll ever spend, seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-13, 11:55 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokis222 View Post
i prefer battlefield, but that is due to the team based objectives, vehicles and map sizes. i find that there is little team work in COD. that and COD has serious hacking issues
There is hacking issues in every game. Where COD went wrong was relying on STEAM and VACS instead of continuing to allow the end user to run their own fully functioning dedicated servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by effigy22 View Post
If you are looking for multiplayer I plus 1 counter strike. It being the daddy of all these modern shooter whipper snappers.
Actually that would be Tribes and Rainbow Six. With the Retail Rainbow Six 3: Ravenshield beating it as well by 6 months. And Probably the funnest I have played was Quake 2 and UT both of which came out before CS. All were fun except I could never get used to the no ADS in CS. But Q2 and UT for MP for sure was the best to me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
It's like asking which is your favourite handful of shit. Drop them and come play on Arma 3. Best £30 you'll ever spend, seriously.
ArmA 1/2/3 are good though not everyone has the time to run 30 real time minutes die and do it over again.

As for the OP.

Two different games two different types of mentality of players. BF seems to take a bit longer to get into games and then there are the vehicles to contend with and the campers which you can hardly ever find. Seems I have to play an hour or more of BF to get my fill of playing. Where as with COD I can play for 20 minutes and be done with it. COD has BF's share, its share and every other games share of campers and other unskilled and dbag player types with attachments, streaks, weapons and perks to help the camper/dbag player excel at their suckiness, (think Assassin and Ghost for really awful players), the one gem of this is it is usually really easy to find a back way and destroy the little cocksmurf.

Each game has its BS and its cool things. COD has a lot more BS than BF though IMO and that is due to the community mostly. The unfortunate thing is we will never know if the BF community was going to go the direction it went by itself or if the influx of poisonous COD players that took their d-baggery over to BF caused it.

The origin thing sucks and is most of the reason I do not play it. That and the community is just as bad as COD if not worse in some ways.

I was really excited with BO2 becasue the bots could actually play objectives. The MP is the same rewash of crap from the last few games with you only having to fire your weapon 4 times and then your kill streaks do the rest. People made KDR the most important element of the game which is actually the least valuable indicator of a persons skill. Then again we are talking about BF and COD the skill left these two franchises when MW2 came out.

BF got it right by not having kill streaks and sort of dedicated servers. COD got it right by having so many different game types and fast action.

I was a huge fan of both franchises and I still like to play COD (the bots are addictive) but I think Vaz kind of nails it even though the ArmA series is not without its sh*tstains and craptasticness.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

Last edited by WaLkAwaY; 05-30-13 at 12:00 AM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 12:30 AM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
crysis 1 was a far superior game to both series
i had forgotten that. nukes were soooo much fun. too bad it died a grisly death.

24/7 crap maps and serious hacking issues. was a truly sad day.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 09:47 AM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

Battlefield has my preference.

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 11:21 AM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Why did you not just add a poll or have a moderator add a poll to your other already populated thread that had a good conversation going in it instead of making two threads?

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 11:39 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Merged threads. Please ask a moderator to create you a poll next time instead of posting a new thread just for the sake of the poll.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode