Xbox/PS3 Playerbases - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

View Poll Results: Which playerbase is less annoying/'better'?
Playstation 3 2 22.22%
Xbox 3 4 44.44%
They're both equally good/bad 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Xbox/PS3 Playerbases

In a recent discussion with a mate of mine, we got onto the subject of console playerbases - in particular those of Xbox and Playstation. As a relatively detached person from non-PC gaming, the outsider perspective I have on the two is that there are far more "annoying" gamers - I'm talking about things like the YouTube chavs, the whiny 12 year olds etc etc. - while Xbox is less so. However, said friend firmly disagreed (being an avid gamer on both consoles).

So I'll put the question to you, Heretics. Which console has the more desirable playerbase (though I'm guessing this could be a 'lesser of two evils' type question)?

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 12:04 PM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Much like a lesser of two evils i think. As to which has a better player base, i have no idea if they are any different, at my experience both seem to have groups of younger brats on them. But that is just my personal experience though.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 12:17 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

i for one prefer the X-Box and although i have seen the pics of the new console it doesnt appeal to me. My daughter has a Nintendo DS, 3DS, PSP, X-BOX and Playstation 2 but that mainly for the games she likes...my son has a PS3, they have both said that when they go on thier network gaming they are fed up with the know it all little kids who want all the glory for themselves and dont do the teamwork thing....to be honest when i brought dead island i got fed up with the other player coming in and attacking me for the hell of it..so with exception to space marine i dont do the online gamining/x-box live.

although i would have to say its a mix of both...both have good points both have bad points
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 12:21 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

I have found more annoying ps3 owners to be honest,
but they pale in comparison to the usually american teenage xbox live players in deep need of a good disemboweling

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 09:21 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Lets just say that there is a reason why I usually play multiplayer anything with a friend on Xbox. I wouldn't know what to say about PS3 because my brother doesn't play multiplayer games all that much. Very rarely, in fact. I have heard that it can get pretty bad just like on Xbox occasionally.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 11:50 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Neither. I've come off playing online aside from Clans who play between ourselves, so the player-bases don't affect me. I don't play CoD, I don't play BF3, I don't play TF2.

I play team player games; I'm thinking of applying to get in ShackTactical for when Arma 3 comes out officially. But yeah, unless I know the guys, I never play in a game with them, lobby or otherwise.

I'd much prefer to just sit and chill on skyrim, or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-13, 12:05 AM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...One-out-of-Ten

NSFW

but sums up the direction consoles are going these days. about xbox 1, but i bet ps4 isn't much better.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-13, 12:45 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

I cannot tell you how often I've hear this argument spanner94. It is a consistent debate between those who prefer Sony and the PS3 and the Xbox 360 Legions. I've boiled the argument down into three simple point that define the position I have often taken here.

1. Both machine are good, both have their advantages and disadvantages. Both provide a certain form of entertainment that appeals to different people of different classes, jobs, schedules, ethnicities, e.t.c. However it is apparent that as popular as PS3 is and the amount of "PS3 Exclusive" games are over Xbox; Xbox simply just has more fans. Pure and simple.

2. Unlike PS3 which has been focusing on good hardware, a legion of game development, and Cyber Security after Anonymous sorely embarrassed them; Xbox has had to deal with none of this. From the Start Xbox 360 systems have been superb, and the Pro is slated to last longer than any PS3. Additionally Xbox 360 tailors entertainment to the fans, integrating certain new systems and software like Netflix, Hulu, Music and soon TV. This appeal to more people than PS3 which only offers basic social plat forming, and is limited in what they can do. So in summary, Xbox 360 offers more than PS3 as far as entertainment and integration which is the key factor in this feud.

3. Finally Xbox 360 has the better connection system, pure and simple. While the Sony was first to bring wireless free internet to the table, Microsoft has improved and perfected internet connection. 360 players enjoy a higher performance on the system, less lag(depending on the provider of course), and more integrated services that run smoothly within that connection.

In all honesty spanner94 I intentionally try and stay away from this argument because it's like Star Wars and Star Trek nerds butting heads. There is no real clear, or decisive victor.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-13, 11:15 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
-
it is interesting that while attempting to stay out of this, your argument clearly favours one over the other.

I'm not going to attempt to make points as i'll probably end up doing the same.
I have both consoles and both get plenty of use for different reasons, the wii too as it does wonders on the shelf holding my books up

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode