Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Default Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=L4pqW0Mtc9c

So, who else thinks that this will look exactly the same as the previous games?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 10:15 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

How... the... what the hell? I've done no looking into the Modern Warfare 2013 game whatsoever, until about 3pm GMT yesterday. I couldn't find any video information about Ghosts, then I wake up this morning and find a reveal trailer. Spooky shit, man.

In other news, only really getting for the single player and for drinking games. The online is really doing my tits in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 10:32 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Has anybody else just gone "Meh".....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 11:05 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Words can not describe how horribly unimpressed I was while watching the live stream last evening. You‘d think that they‘d be able to make a game that looks next gen, but no. It‘s not even funny to think that several iOS and Android games are almost reaching these levels of detail, and will probably fly far past them before the year is over.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

Last edited by Doelago; 05-22-13 at 11:08 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 12:33 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post

So, who else thinks that this will look exactly the same as the previous games?
Few things to answer your questions but first...

I was unaware that there was a following here @Heresy-Online for the COD franchise as every thread I posted about it seemed to not get any love. This could have been due to many factors one of which I suspect is becasue I was new and... well we all know how forums work.

Onto your question. I think it will look different it might even be impressive. But honestly I don't care about the graphics. I think it looks fine. Instead of making it prettier they should fix the game. If they do not fix it at least give something back to the loyal minority.

Recipe to make everyone happy:

Rank-able player run servers

Full gambit of barebones play lists to include restrictions on equipment, perks, attachments and kill streaks.

That way you keep your money makers happy and you also throw a bone to the die hard "skill with bullets" COD4 and earlier crowd.

We are well beyond getting fully customizable dedicated player run servers ever again from this franchise once they went all "you must play with who we want you to play with, how we want you to play and with what we want you to play with" in the guise of expanding on and integrating the community for a sense of better gaming and gamesmanship.

But I suspect from watching the reveal that the only perk you will need or the only perk that is available is going to be ghost. Which should please 95% of the COD community.

Here was something else I found funny.

COD GHOSTS: Audience Reactions

I hope they are not all hard core, head glitching/camper/Wings Of Re-Chicken-demption fanboys who are oohing and ahhing over just how many cheap things are included in the game and how much fun they are going to be to exploit. Also I find it funny that they post these peoples names when they are showing their reactions like someone is supposed to know who the eff they are or even care for that matter.

EDIT: Thanks for the post up though. +rep for keeping us informed.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

Last edited by WaLkAwaY; 05-22-13 at 12:40 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-13, 12:53 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

I lol'ed. Caught in a lie and the best they could come up with is "...what we mean when we say brand new is the previous engine has been so overhauled so much that we can call it brand new" (paraphrase)

Can't be a new and improved next generation engine if they are making it for 360 and PS3 as well, unless they are developing a separate game for each generation

Activision has been promoting the Call of Duty: Ghosts engine as a ‘new, next generation Call of Duty engine.’ But what exactly does that mean? According to Infinity Ward’s Lead Animator Azck Volker, it is an evolved version of their past engine. Volker said that it is “impossible to develop a new engine from the ground up in a two year cycle.”

“When we’re talking about a new engine we’re talking about upgrading significant systems within in that engine,” Volker explained. “We’re not talking about throwing it all away and saying we’re starting from the ground up.”

When he asked as to what necessitates a new engine, he said:

Or it comes out of a certain particular feature that we want to create that we haven’t been able to in the past. So looking at our current situation, focusing more on the next generation of hardware, we are now going to have the bandwidth to build many more things and our engine just can’t handle as much as we’d like to throw at it right now. And that necessitated the need to go onto a new engine.

Many fans are aware that the Call of Duty engine started off as the Quake engine, and Volker said, “The original engine years ago was built on Quake engine. We’ve done so many new engines and overhauls on top of that I’m not sure any of it still exists.”

SOURCE: Official PlayStation Magazinevia Polygon

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode