Xbox One announced - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-23-13, 12:52 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

I'm pumped, I really am. hoping it's as good as they show. Otherwise they will loose out hugely on sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
Kinect 2.0 Built in
Because this was there biggest problem and I agree. The Kinect didn't respond well, and it's calibration was way off unless you have a huge living room. Personally they better get those commands right, that's all I care about.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-23-13, 01:10 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah, calibration needs work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-23-13, 01:20 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

If the used game bit is true I am done with consoles in general, I have a computer, I will just get a gamepad for it and buy the games on the PC.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-23-13, 11:20 AM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

NSFW

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...One-out-of-Ten

this pretty much sums up my view on this.

post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-23-13, 12:19 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Default Current Headsets Won't Be Compatible With Xbox One

It is the principal really as to why console peeps should be angry.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22...aming-headsets

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-23-13, 07:06 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Yeah, Microsoft fucked up big time. Sorry Halo. Unless Halo 5 and 6 are also released on 360 (doubtful...), as well as AC 4 Black Flag, Looks like i'm going to have to leave with the cliffhangers of both series over my head. Fucking microsoft..... PC gaming it is. And not a moment too soon, either. Getting a good gaming labtop as a graduation present, so i'll be set

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-24-13, 11:41 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Even microsoft are unsure how the potential trade in second hand game market will work, they may charge you a handling fee of £35 and then it may cost a little more,
so second hand games will cost more then new games?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ork-apparently

Well if nothing else, this explains what happened to Mr Bean, that's right he is clearly responsible for the launches of windows 8 and XboxOne/1/Not the first one, the newer one

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-24-13, 12:03 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Microsoft and publishers will automatically get a cut of Xbox One pre-owned sales

Retailers may be required to "integrate" with cloud before they can do trade-ins

Share this

Xbox One

Retail sources have told MCV that Microsoft and the associated publisher will receive a cut of every pre-owned Xbox One game purchase, and that this is one of the reasons you'll need to connect the console to the internet every 24 hours.
According to the report, only retailers who have agreed to Microsoft's terms and conditions will be able to accept Xbox One trade-ins, and they'll need to "integrate" their networks with Microsoft's cloud-based Azure pre-owned system.

The idea, apparently, is that when you take a game back to the shop it'll register as having been traded-in on Microsoft's system. Your installation will subsequently be erased from your Xbox One hard drive, which is why the system needs to connect to the internet every 24 hours.

The retailer can then sell the game on as usual, but the publisher and Microsoft will receive a percentage cut of the sale. There's a report from ConsoleDeals.co.uk which claims the retailer's slice will be as little as 10 per cent.
A number of retailers have expressed a willingness to consider sharing pre-owned revenues with publishers in the past. It's a controversial business practice - creators argue that retail has effectively carved out a self-sustaining commercial ecosystem, that doesn't return them a penny despite being dependent on their work. Retailers argue that people should be able to sell things once they've bought them.
Microsoft still isn't commenting on the specifics of its plan for "enabling" trade-ins on Xbox One. "We know there is some confusion around used games on Xbox One and wanted to provide a bit of clarification on exactly what we've confirmed," reads a statement.
"While there have been many potential scenarios discussed, we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail," it continues.

"Beyond that, we have not confirmed any specific scenarios. Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend's house - should you choose to play your game at your friend's house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile."

Read our Xbox One reveal guide for more on the hardware itself. Read more about the pre-owned saga here.

By Robert Purchese Published Friday, 24 May 2013 If you want to trade in an Xbox One game you will need to find a shop that has agreed to Microsoft's terms and is therefore connected to the Xbox One cloud.
The game will be registered as traded in and will be wiped from your Xbox Live account. The shop can resell it for whatever price it likes but the game's publisher now takes a cut and so does Microsoft, a source-based MCV report revealed.
Anyone buying that second-hand game will need to pay an activation fee of £35, a separate unconfirmed report on ConsoleDeals.co.uk claimed.
Presumably.
The same report said a shop's cut from that second-hand sale could be as low as 10 per cent - roughly the same as with new games. But second-hand games sell for less so what's the point?
Couple that with the shopper's activation fee being almost as pricey as a first-hand game, and the desire to pick up a second-hand bargain disappears.
As does the second-hand market.
"We have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail," said Microsoft on the matter.
We know that Xbox One games will be tied to both a gamer's account and their Xbox One. Everyone who has an account on that Xbox One can play the game linked to it. If the game is played elsewhere on another Xbox One, however, only the owner's Xbox Live account can play it.
Rumours of an activation fee are what we believe has been holding Microsoft back from explaining second-hand Xbox One sales so far. Whether that's because the fee is high, as claimed here, or because there are specific retailer partnerships to announce, as also suggested here, isn't clear. Both, perhaps? E3 should clear the matter up, unless Microsoft's forced to respond sooner.

Microsoft’s Kinect patent suggest they will be always be watching

A patent filed by Microsoft for Kinect describes a camera system that monitors the number of viewers in a room. Content providers will be able to set a threshold which if exceeded would trigger a prompt for the device owner to purchase a license for more viewers.

According to Extreme Tech, via Evil Avatar, it’s that straight forward. The abstract states, “The users consuming the content on a display device are monitored so that if the number of user-views licensed is exceeded, remedial action may be taken.”
The patent is said to allow a device to limit the number of performances in a certain time period, limit the number of viewers to performances and to continually monitor viewers, also covering, “when performance of the content to an identified user exceeds a threshold.”
It also describes that the patent could be applied to head-mounted devices, large screens, gaming and media products, computers, and even mobile phones. Therefor suggesting that content providers, or copyright owner, can govern the performances in private settings.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-24-13, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

I spat a mouthful of coffee at my comp while reading the above. Bunch of cunts.

EU anti-trust/competition/wanker/something lawsuit, plz?

Microsoft ($$$$) is doing one damnedly fine job of committing corporate suicide. Not only do they try to kill themselves in the PC market, but now consoles as well. Jesus christ what a bunch of cunts.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-24-13, 07:20 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Microsoft seems intent on digging themselves a deeper hole

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode