Your favourite game of all time - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

warsmith7752's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Your favourite game of all time

Simple thread, your favourite game and why.

Mine is Darksiders 2, the aesthetic, storyline, gameplay, soundtrack and everything about the game has me crawling back to play the campaign over and over again. I think i'm probably on my 10th play through and its not a short game by any stretch.

current win rates;
csm 3/1/1
daemons 1/0/0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 11:52 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Dragonwarrior for the original NES, mainly due to the memories and good times I had with it. My father, and one of my brothers both played it with me and we pretty much spent a summer doing a joint effort playing it.

Final Fantasy 3 for the SNES, Chrono Trigger and, Xeno Gears for the PS2 all get honorable mention from me.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 12:17 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

i have a couple...Gears of Wars and Dead Island they are my favourites why? cause i love shootig things....bug eyed locusts or dead things although i have fond memories of playing Tekken 2 and 3 on the original PS with my son and daughter...that was fun

Last edited by gothik; 05-14-13 at 02:11 PM.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 12:32 PM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

currently dota 2 at close to 275 hours played.

all time: planescape torment, tie fighter and wing commander.

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 01:03 PM

Calistrasza's Flag is: Canada

Favorite game of all time is probably either original Starcraft (my first PC game) or Halo 3 (my first Xbox 360 game). Close runners up are Battlefront 2, Warcraft 3, and World of Warcraft.

CURRENT best game ever is Mechwarrior Online, PGI's free-to-play crash test dummy simulator. Anybody out there get killed by an Orky Raven 3L lately, that's me.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 01:09 PM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

Silent Hill 2. I'm a huge Silent Hill fan and this game is simply a piece of digital art.

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 01:20 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by warsmith7752 View Post
Simple thread, your favourite game and why.

Mine is Darksiders 2, the aesthetic, storyline, gameplay, soundtrack and everything about the game has me crawling back to play the campaign over and over again. I think i'm probably on my 10th play through and its not a short game by any stretch.
That is a lot of playthroughs. I played the first one and liked it as well. Just something cool about playing WAR.

As for me this was not an easy thing to whittle down. I think it would have to be a toss between Oblivion, COD, Batman AC/AA and DoWII.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 01:39 PM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Command and Conquer: Renegade, story was crap but has so much fun playing the multiplayer.

Joint with that - Counter Strike. Lets just say I have a CS tattoo, that should give you an idea how much I enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 01:55 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

I have a few based on when I played them and how they have stayed with me, first up would be the first game I really got addicted to, Ikari Warriors, it was terrible but I loved it and could play it for days on end on my old commodore 64.

Next up is Final Fantasy VII, it was immense, probably not technically as good as 9 but damn, what a game!

The stand out game for me at the moment is Gears of War, any of the three will do, nothing else comes close as far as I'm concerned.

Now I need to get my xbox fixed, damn laser's shot

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 02:13 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
Ikari Warriors, it was terrible but I loved it and could play it for days on end on my old commodore 64.
Snap....one of the first games i played on the C64 was that one....and on my old amstrad Dragonlance

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode