Your favourite game of all time - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-15-13, 07:39 PM
IRONBORN

Tyrannus's Flag is: England

For some reason, I have difficulties with "....of all time" stuff because I can never decide.

But I'll mention a few that might be my "favourite game of all time".

Star Ocean: Till the end of time: My first ever experience with JRPGs and I loved every minute of it and made me fall in love with the genre.

Persona 3: I know I said I have difficulties with the "....of all time" stuff, but I reckon this has to be one of my all time favourite RPGs, I just have a hard time thinking of what could top that for me.

Dynasty Warriors 4: First experience with the franchise and It has to be my favourite and most memorable.

Manhunt: Must me the sadist inside of me.

GTA Vice City: My favourite GTA game.

and

ME2TW: One of my all time favourite RTS'.

And those are the few I can think of on the top of my head. Safe to say, I've had more good experiences with videogames than bad.

From iron, cometh strength. From strength, cometh will. From will, cometh faith. From faith, cometh honour. From honour, cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany, and may it forever be so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-15-13, 08:08 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

my daughter swears by Persona...she loves it and silent hill 1 and 2 hmmm may have to invest in them
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 12:42 AM

System shock 2.

It's the perfect blend of dammit I don't have any ammo to damn those zombies know what they are doing but can't stop themselves.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 07:14 AM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

The Assassin's Creed Series, Red Dead Redemption, ME2 or.... Star Wars Battlefront II. The best game I ever played on the PS2.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 01:37 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistrasza View Post
I think Borderlands 1 and 2 are some solid games. Handsome Jack stole the show in 2, brilliant character.
That he did. The character we all loved to fucking despise and wanted to beat to death with something blunt and heavy... or maybe that last part was just me.

Tough choice for favourite game of all time. But the KOTOR series is definitely one of them, played both of those games to full completion nearly ten times each and I never get sick of them.

Dark Souls as well. Absolutely fantastic game in every way, I even believe it is one of the greatest games to ever be made for artwork, challenge, story and action, just all round epicness.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 07:25 PM
Septok's Flag is: England

It's a strange one, I'll grant you, but I'm going to have to say Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I really don't know why, but the plot, gameplay and puzzles completely got me from the first go. I keep coming back to it. It's just right, and I will never be able to forget it. Also, it's much darker than any other Zelda game, ever. Very matured, and fitting well.

Close second is Skyrim. A huge world, plenty of fluff and fun gameplay make it absolutely awesome. The DLC was all mind-blowing - perhaps better than the rest of the game, I think. Oblivion is close, but I just can't get to playing it well after Skyrim. I need to play Morrowind soon, though there's likely not time considering how close TESO is.

Single game, LOZ: Twilight Princess.
Best series: Elder Scrolls.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 09:44 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Gordon Bennett, there are so many good ones

5) Morrowind
4) Bioshock
3) Mass Effect 2
2) Zelda The Ocarina Of Time
1) Tie Fighter

with Fallout 3, Bioshock Infinity and Elite just missing out

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 09:55 PM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

Hard to pick a favorite...

The one with the most personal connection would probably be Zelda on the NES...I played that game for hours on end, and I coddled that golden cartridge like it was made of real gold.
Still have it, manual and map and all. Some NES games came in a sleeve where the Nintendo logo was in a sort of metallic red, I remember Zelda did not come in one of those but some other game I had did...I promptly ousted the other game and Legend of Zelda still lives in the 'ruby' case

but if you want to measure it by the most fun I had playing it...probably Portal 2, or maybe Borderlands 2, both fairly recent, but very well written, engaging and funny.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode