Your favourite game of all time - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 04:00 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I like certain games for different reasons. For online play the CoD series has never let me down.

For solo play I love the Assassins Creed series, the first God of War was excellent, I played it through a dozen times. Anyone remember G Police, one of the PS1 original release games? I loved that as well. Prince of Persia 3d was great.

But if I had to pick one title, as opposed to one game, it'd have to be the Dead Space series. All three are stunning.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 04:15 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ever? Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, on PC. Fuck off AC...

Of more recent games I'm gonna go with Borderlands 2. It has the right blend of killy, funny and story just to make things work for me. That said, I think Watchdogs might steal the title when it's finally released. That game looks intense.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 08:08 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Favorite of all time...

For pure nostalgia reason the Street Fighter II series...game came out when I was in college and I poured a lot of quarters into the games and made some good friends with people I used to hang around the arcade with.

Favorite game that I still play regularly? Heroes of Might and Magic III, one of the best turn based strategy games ever. My wife and I still play this regularly.

Honorable mention - City of Heroes, I really loved this MMO...played from early beta until they shut the servers down. Saddest I have ever been about a video game was when I got my last disconnect when they flipped the switch.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 08:21 PM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

This was a hard thread to reply too but after a long thought I would have to say Mass Effect 2 becuse the character interaction is just the best I have seen and everytime I play though it I make different choices.

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 09:04 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

think Crysis can be added up there too
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 09:14 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

The original Borderlands. Just because it was so different to pretty much anything else released at that point, it's DLC's were fucking great and it's humor was out of left field.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 10:47 PM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

I am going to show my age here. Nostalga. Arcaide/C64 games, 1942 and commando. Both excellent. Kept me occupied for hours.

During the 90's three spring to mind. Wolfenstein 3D the game that defined the fps.
Command and conquer. We played so much multiplayer it was stupid. Engineers in apc's my favorite weapon, and the commando was so cool.
Finally , 'Blood' by monolith. I had so much fun playing this game that more than 15 years later i remember it fondly. The in game wisecracks by the protagonist and the commentary in the Bloodbath games we played still make me laugh. My forum name comes from the cultist speech from this game. Good times.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 10:48 PM

Calistrasza's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
The original Borderlands. Just because it was so different to pretty much anything else released at that point, it's DLC's were fucking great and it's humor was out of left field.
I think Borderlands 1 and 2 are some solid games. Handsome Jack stole the show in 2, brilliant character.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 10:57 PM
Closet Dictator

Oldman78's Flag is: Ireland

Hmmm, think I'd plum for Panzer General on my PS1, horrible graphics but I just loved it

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-14-13, 11:37 PM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Good sir I would smack you if I could right now. How dare you force a grown man to make such a decision.

I would have to go with Star Wars Battlefront 2. No matter how many times I wear myself otu playing it, i always come back. The ingenuity of it's design for the time was second only to Halo. The fun, and well designed levels made it interesting for large scale tactics and engagements. It's also Star Wars....whats not to love.

+1 Olderman for such an awesome game. I'd play you if I could, classic TBS.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode