EA to stop paying licensing fees to arms companies for use of their guns in games. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-13, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

EA to stop paying licensing fees to arms companies for use of their guns in games.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/ga...akers-not-guns

It seems that EA has got sick of being branded as the cause of gun violence by the likes of the NRA and other stupidly deluded organisations and is refusing to pay license fees to the arms companies from now on. Well done I say! It's free publicity to the gun companies, why the hell should EA and by extension the game buyer have to pay for them for the privilege?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-13, 09:12 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Bullshit. Just an excuse for more money to go in EA's pocket. And back off to la-la land they go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-13, 09:17 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

What ever the reason I take it as a positive step that a large company finds it advantageous to disassociate itself with guns.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-13, 02:34 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Good idea, like or hate EA, they get linked to gun crime and related stuff by idiots just wanted to make a thoughtless point. So at least this way they can distance themselves, wonder if the likes of Activision would do similar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-13, 03:46 PM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

I also think this is a good move form Ea And what with the hate I have seen on a few threads about EA . yes I know they have made mistakes every company has. I also know that meny pepole think there in the gaming business for the money but aren't mosts company's in it for. In the end were just going buy there gamers becuse let's face it there good at making games. rant over

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-13, 05:38 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

It is fuck all to do with Guncrime. It is all to do with EA's bottom line, and their ability to spin it so.

They get linked with guncrime because of the casual violence depicted within. Does Arma get linked with it, or the Project Reality Mod? They get it as close as possible. EA caters to cunts and produces shit games with shitter gameplay in response. The attitude of those 20 life players is something i have to remind everyone on day 1 of Marine training.

Due to losses in afghanistan, i tell each class of recruits before they swear the oath to look at the guys in that room. There is a 50% chance that before the end of their 3 years minimum service, one in that room will recieve a life changing injury. They will be shooting at other peoples family members, those who have brothers, sons, mums sisters etc. There is no respawn, all jokes aside.

After I have given that speech 6 times and have had 25 people in total walk out before they've even had the shave or do one push up.

The disconnect between video games and reality pushes people into the military, or failing that the nearest representation of 'elite warrior' where they can go running around fucking up their brain with the retarded misrepresentation of the game. The fact that a gun is called an m4a1, or a h8j9938291 is irrespective of the deaths and a false link.

How many of the gun massacres involved perpetrators playing Halo? As opposed to 'Project Reality'.

This is the equivalent of the Politician visiting sick children in Hospital while simultaneously shutting down A+E. A metaphorical photo-op where anyone witha modicum of intelligence can see through it.

Disassociating themselves from Arms Companies is retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-13, 08:14 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

I tend to actually agree with Vaz on this one. If EA was making an actually stand against gun violence they would stop making the games with guns in them. Just saying they are not going to pay for licensing anymore but still producing the games is just a backhanded way of increasing their profits.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 08:24 AM

Calistrasza's Flag is: Canada

Well, not really pro or con on this. It'll certainly stop some of the moaning from the helicopter parents and tin foil hat crowds who think that video games are secretly turning their good children into frothing berzerkers.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 10:53 AM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

Disassociating yourself from gun companies is only going to tell the idiots saying videogames cause gun violence to think they're right. But this is just a bullshit way of increasing profits.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 10:56 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Disassociating themselves from Arms Companies is retarded.
It goes a long way to removing some of the fascination with guns that some have.

It also helps reinforce the line between reality and fantasy, which is a common problem with perpetrators of massacres.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode