EA to stop paying licensing fees to arms companies for use of their guns in games. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 01:30 AM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 595
Reputation: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
No it won't.

Tell me why did COD BO 2 gross roughly 1 billion in 15 days.

Where as minecraft is only around 300 million. ( not an actual for word figure based on rough calculation.

It's not going to happen. I know plenty of people who stated that if they moved to the US the first thing they would do is buy an AK 47 when able.
I agree with you so do not think by what I am about to say that I am arguing against your point.

I can tell you the main reason why COD sells so well? Because it was allowed to go to console and as soon as that happened parents realized that it was cheaper to pay a one time babysitting fee of $500 rather than pay some teen or tween to watch the kids for 8 - 12 dollars an hour six days a week.


“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)




WaLkAwaY is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 08:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,685
Reputation: 10


Quote:
Originally Posted by WaLkAwaY View Post
I agree with you so do not think by what I am about to say that I am arguing against your point.

I can tell you the main reason why COD sells so well? Because it was allowed to go to console and as soon as that happened parents realized that it was cheaper to pay a one time babysitting fee of $500 rather than pay some teen or tween to watch the kids for 8 - 12 dollars an hour six days a week.
And you think the fact that it has guns in it isn't a selling factor?

It seems to me that most kids play GTA halo and COD three games with guns.

The fact remains if you don't remove all sources of guns. You'll never curb the desire to own guns.

People tried for years to discourage masturbation yet now it's apparent that it didn't work very well.
Reaper45 is offline  
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-13, 12:48 AM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 595
Reputation: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
And you think the fact that it has guns in it isn't a selling factor?

It seems to me that most kids play GTA halo and COD three games with guns.
As I stated in my first sentence I am not disagreeing with you though I do not think that is the main reason.

I would go so far as to say that the majority of these games are bought by adults for their kids. Little Johnny and Jamie crying their a** off until mom and dad give in or the squeaker tween and younger group whose parents buy the game as a way to get rid of their kids for hours on end.

Even though the parents should be kicked in the face I still find it incredibly hard to believe that they are buying the game to introduce their youngsters to the world of guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
The fact remains if you don't remove all sources of guns. You'll never curb the desire to own guns.
And why should the desire to own guns be curbed.


“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)




WaLkAwaY is offline  
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-13, 04:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,685
Reputation: 10


Quote:
Originally Posted by WaLkAwaY View Post
As I stated in my first sentence I am not disagreeing with you though I do not think that is the main reason.

I would go so far as to say that the majority of these games are bought by adults for their kids. Little Johnny and Jamie crying their a** off until mom and dad give in or the squeaker tween and younger group whose parents buy the game as a way to get rid of their kids for hours on end.

Even though the parents should be kicked in the face I still find it incredibly hard to believe that they are buying the game to introduce their youngsters to the world of guns.



And why should the desire to own guns be curbed.
I never disagreed with you. Just pointing it out to anyone who needs the obvious stated.

They might not be trying to introduce them to the world of guns but the fact remains it is going to happen.
Reaper45 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome