PS4 vs. PC side-by-side comparison in Unreal Engine 4 - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-13, 10:58 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

wow they still make stuff for pc, thought they would have stopped flogging that horse a long time ago, you know what i like the most about consoles ? i like the fact if i buy a game that is for my console it works out of the box, i got so sick of having to take a trip to the pc parts store every fecking year and hand over more cash to upgrade something in the box just so i could make a fecking game run, and even when i had enough coin to buy something fairly future proof it didnt stop some twat releasing games that were un playable for months because they needed patching like a tramps trousers!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-13, 03:54 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Console games are no better for needing fixes and patches. If there's a problem that needs addressing that can be solved via a patch, it should be patched no matter the platform. Developers are typically lazy and rushed by publishers, which is NEVER a good combination.

As for needing to constantly update? I strongly suggest you stop buying parts that are the bare minimum. A well thought out and built PC, unless you don't do your research and you end up buying parts right before a major architecture step (which are often announced and followed by the entire hardware media a good 12-18 months in advance) will still play games that are coming out three or four years after being built quite comfortably, albeit perhaps not at the absolutely, needlessly-shiny max specs towards the end of that.

Each to their own as far as platform is concerned, but there's no reason to bitch and gripe because you personally can't be bothered to do a little product research prior to forking out for parts.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-13, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
you know what i like the most about consoles ? i like the fact if i buy a game that is for my console it works out of the box
That doesn't really hold true anymore. Current games on consoles needs patching on day one in most cases, and then add that the next console generation will be requiring an internet connection to even play, it's starting to become more convenient to own a PC. Console manufacturers are gradually removing the one advantage they had to begin with, all as a poorly disguised attempt to stop used games and add DRM. In fact, if you get your games on Steam or Gog.com, you are really going to have more of that valued console convenience and "it just works"-ness on a PC than any of the consoles.

As for thinly veiled insults, whoever said that, I think you're overreacting quite a fair bit and misinterpreted what I said entirely.

EDIT: At least, if you want to hop on the console train this generation too, get a Steambox. At least that will be upgradeable by anyone, even my grandma could do it. And there's no denying the Steambox will by far have the biggest game library.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo

Last edited by MetalHandkerchief; 04-07-13 at 01:40 PM.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-13, 03:19 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
As for thinly veiled insults, whoever said that, I think you're overreacting quite a fair bit and misinterpreted what I said entirely.
Right, your "to the trained eye" comment wasn't meant as a means to raise you above people who disagree with your known preference of the PC platform and seeming dislike for the PS4.

Considering that the engine itself looks fantastic, regardless of the platform it's on, makes the comparison test pointless beyond worthless console wars.

Quote:
EDIT: At least, if you want to hop on the console train this generation too, get a Steambox. At least that will be upgradeable by anyone, even my grandma could do it. And there's no denying the Steambox will by far have the biggest game library.
And there it is again.

Personally I feel no reason to get a steambox, I have a 28in 1080p monitor for my PC. I'll just keep using a PC in addition to my PS3/4 and Xbox360/720

Last edited by Wusword77; 04-07-13 at 03:21 PM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-13, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
Right, your "to the trained eye" comment wasn't meant as a means to raise you above people who disagree with your known preference of the PC platform and seeming dislike for the PS4.
GOD FORBID that I imply that on a non-videogaming forum, imply that there are users who aren't experts on rendering techniques!

It has nothing to do with my 'known preference' for anything. Go back and look at the video, and read every bullet point I wrote as you pause each part I mentioned, and you'll notice that what I wrote is true.

And as I've mentioned many times before in this very forum, I have been employed as a Q&A tester and contributed my own time to both modding and game design since I was a teenager. Having lived for video games for 15 years it's safe to say that I have a 'trained eye'.

I can't possibly understand this could be in any way insulting to anyone.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-13, 02:59 AM
We fly for the Emperor!

ThunderHawk's Flag is: Indonesia

Console vs PC debates are useless, as PC will always won. What can be achieved by PS 4 (if they are better) will be surpassed by PC in one years time. Not to mention that GPU vendors on PC's are competing with each other, forcing each of them to manufacture better products every year.

But yes, competitions also profit the PC gamer. Some games are made for console also, PC will benefit from lowered minimum requirements. But sadly, some developers took it too far by just "porting" console version to PC, or PC to console, which creates a bad thing.

Army Lists :
Need Advice : 2000 pts GK Army List

Old Army List : 2000 pts GK Army List
Old Army List : 2000 pts SM Vulkan List

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode