World of Darkness - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Default World of Darkness

I can't believe there's not a thread for this yet! The World of Darkness setting that probably everyone here who's over the age of 25 knows and loves from pen & paper RPGs such as Vampire: The Masquerade, is being developed into an MMORPG.

The game is going to have a gritty dark atmosphere, with adult themes, the necessary occultism necessary for WoD (and probably then some) and some pretty impressive ideas for player community created content through in-game politics, family "wars", and even permanent death (if you choose to go that route)

It is being developed by CCP, known for EVE Online and Dust 514.

Not really a natural competitor to The Elder Scrolls Online, just don't mention it. (Rest of disclaimer cut as apparently it was too much information to handle) - We leave this at; they are not competing games.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo

Last edited by MetalHandkerchief; 03-16-13 at 01:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-13, 02:08 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

CCP knows their shit. Don't know how much will this game be player based, compared to EvE.

Definitely looking forward to it, though I'm not sure will I play, if it will be subscription based. Can't really justify paying subscription nowadays.

PS: don't see why are you talking about TESO in this thread.

Last edited by Fire Tempered; 03-15-13 at 02:11 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-13, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Ranty ranter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Tempered View Post
PS: don't see why are you talking about TESO in this thread.
It was a pre-emptive strike against the manic-compulsive that tend to have only one subject to take about in threads about MMOs, and that's some other MMO that happens to come out at a similar time. Just go to mmorpg.com and open the biggest thread about any MMO in history, you'll find a thousand muppets talking about other MMOs rather than the topic at hand.

People are scared their favourite will be forgotten or something I guess, they must be thinking there's only enough hype for one game...

To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-13, 05:19 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Certainly has piqued my interest. Wonder how it will turn out.

And again I see that you are taking yet another snipe at TESO for whatever stupid reason you chose. You just cannot make a post related to any MMO without sniping at TESO. Hasn't come out yet, and i'm pretty damn sure that you have not played it at all. So why judge it at all? Play it, and then make your judgments. Complaining about art style now? The art style remains fairly consistent in that you'd be able to recognize buildings from the games like morrowind and oblivion, and all races are completely recognizable in the TESO. I really don't see why you are complaining about it.

Anywho, great find. Will keep a lookout for this one.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.

Last edited by DeathJester921; 03-15-13 at 05:48 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-13, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Ranty ranter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
i'm pretty damn sure that you have not played it at all.
Of course you're sure, after all, if you're not an alpha tester that must certainly mean no one else is, am I right?

Also you chose to focus on the wrong part of the message, what I was trying to say that these two games are different, appealing to two different types of people: those that are sick of the formula, and those who love the formula. Thus they are not competing (much like Guild Wars 2 and The Secret World weren't competing) and the entire point of that caveat was to point out how discussion down that line would be unnecessary, yet what is the first thing the first poster chooses to talk about?

To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-13, 04:29 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
Of course you're sure, after all, if you're not an alpha tester that must certainly mean no one else is, am I right?

Also you chose to focus on the wrong part of the message, what I was trying to say that these two games are different, appealing to two different types of people: those that are sick of the formula, and those who love the formula. Thus they are not competing (much like Guild Wars 2 and The Secret World weren't competing) and the entire point of that caveat was to point out how discussion down that line would be unnecessary, yet what is the first thing the first poster chooses to talk about?
So you're saying Zenimax sent you an alpha code to test the game? Then say so. Either way, there will be doubt. So why bother saying anything at all about ESO? In this forum, if you hadn't said anything, no one would have said a thing about ESO. At all. In other forums, perhaps, but not here.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode