40K: Space Marine - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-13, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Shas'Ui's Flag is: USA

40K: Space Marine

this is a video of 40K: Space Marine by TotalBiscuit, I'm sure this has been posted here already, but it's an old video so I bet it's been a while. I'm posting it because I've never seen him get so tickled over a game like this. the looks awesome!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-13, 08:36 PM
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

warsmith7752's Flag is: United Kingdom

I hope to god that relic continue this franchise now that they are under sega. Imagine a world eaters campain with skill trees to improve specific abilities or customise your wargear. or vehicle levels, cruising around in a predator or on a bike. or even stomping around in terminator armour.

*Warsmith passes out from nerdgasm*

current win rates;
csm 3/1/1
daemons 1/0/0
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-13, 10:00 PM

Calistrasza's Flag is: Canada

Really dug this game, it's the first one that I felt like the Space Marines actually had "weight" to them. You felt every single step a dude in power armor took in that game, excellent sound/graphic design. The Orks were well-done, the Chaos warband was well-done. The ending boss fight was a little eh, but I got a bunch of mileage out of Exterminatus mode- and allowing us to customize our own marines online was excellent.

Seconded, I'd buy Space Marine 2 in a heartbeat if they continued it.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-13, 10:49 PM
The_Helghast's Flag is: New Zealand

After its release, (had been waiting for 4 years) me and my friends all agreed that they could have done so much more with it.

such as... basing it off of a starwars battle front II model?
interplanetary conquest
Command chain level ups and there for weapon unlocks.
then followed by squad micro management, then fleet micro management.

game play: you could start out as your hero, and when he dies, your squad then drags him off world to be resd while you become a regular spacemarine (or guardsman) playing WH40k battle front simply grinding it out till you take control of the planet. or you could play the chaos, ork, straight IG (with ab-human squads that can take the field as an upgrade to your fleet)

and before you say that is to much to ask.
fleet micro management doesn't take long to program and add graphics, i mean its turn based!
every thing else was in the multiplayer (except for vehicles.)
they had an ok AI but it was competent enough to make such a game.

However i am of the opinion that if a game is marketed for its multiplayer more than its single player, then it was not worth making. (unless it was a multi-player only.) like these days, i can't get games for space marine, because there are not enough people playing. but wouldn't it be awesome to jump on an online server on map rotation and kill AI's for a 1/10 of the exp for killing a player, and then "masterdoodlesquatch has joined the game" hooray! i didn't have to wait in a lobby for 30min!

sorry, those are my complaints and critiques. they could have done so much more and what do we have, customizable armor as a selling point, not an after though then a patch, a selling point.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-13, 11:12 PM

Calistrasza's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Helghast View Post
[...]basing it off of a starwars battle front II model?
I'm throwing money at my computer screen but nothing's happening!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-13, 08:44 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

I paid 16 bucks for this off steam and i loved it. Sure it has some issues but the pc lobbies still have games up and i get a game pretty regularly. If there was a new release that is no 2 with the issues sorted i would give it a go again. Loved it. I have over 200 hours on it on steam and i am not stoppong now. The only game i have with more hours is skyrim.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode