How to make PS4 fans cry - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-13, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

King Gary's Flag is: Wales

Default How to make PS4 fans cry

Nvidia's gtx titan supercomputer gpu

In the week Sony gave us details of the direction the next gen consoles are likely to be heading, Nvidia showed us this little beastie. It's the first of the next generation graphics cards for PCs. Exciting times to be a tech lover indeed! With 6GB of DDR5 ram on a single GPU this thing is going to be smoking hot, though the $1000+ price tag does put it out of reach for most of us.

My Complete DA collection

That's me breathing fire in my avatar, my aim was a bit off to start but i got all those orks in the end!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-13, 01:47 AM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Hey, it's great that they made such a powerful piece of equipment but, it's an utterly worthless card at this point, as nothing in gaming can remotely come close to utilizing the amount of power that card has.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-13, 02:30 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Hmm. I wonder how Crysis 3 would clock up against that thing...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-13, 03:08 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

Title should be "How to make console players cry".

But console player already know that PC will always stand above them, they prefer consoles because it's simple to use and you very rarely have to do anything except put the disk in.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-13, 08:12 AM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

If the PS4 is more then $600 then it could have a graphics card as powerful as a super computer and I still wouldn't buy it. Hell I love gaming as much as anyone else but I am not dropping a entire paycheck on a new system.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-13, 09:08 AM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gary View Post
It's the first of the next generation graphics cards for PCs
Wrong, it is the last of the current generation. Next generation (Maxwell chips) are a completely different technology and die size/ miniaturization process.

We are still on Kepler and so is the Titan. Titan is just a very physically large GPU. A next generation GPU (Maxwell) of the same size will be 173% faster. Not to mention a lot cheaper.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-13, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

King Gary's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
Hey, it's great that they made such a powerful piece of equipment but, it's an utterly worthless card at this point, as nothing in gaming can remotely come close to utilizing the amount of power that card has.
There are a couple of games available already that ideally you need more than one of these cards to run at highest settings, Crysis 3 being one of them apparently, and that fps with all the guys with jump packs, Tribes Ascend, I believe? Who knows what else is coming on the games front? The fact of the matter is that, (speaking generally) the presence of this card, and others like it should eventually push down the prices of high spec cards, that aren't necessarily as powerful as this Titan, but are more than capable of running far cry 3 at full speed for example. It's only a matter of time now before a HD 7970 is selling at £250/$350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
Wrong, it is the last of the current generation. Next generation (Maxwell chips) are a completely different technology and die size/ miniaturization process.

We are still on Kepler and so is the Titan. Titan is just a very physically large GPU. A next generation GPU (Maxwell) of the same size will be 173% faster. Not to mention a lot cheaper.
Oh wow, exciting times indeed!

My Complete DA collection

That's me breathing fire in my avatar, my aim was a bit off to start but i got all those orks in the end!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-13, 10:22 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
Title should be "How to make console players cry".

But console player already know that PC will always stand above them, they prefer consoles because it's simple to use and you very rarely have to do anything except put the disk in.
Exactly. This is the reason why I bought a PS 3, I was sick of having constant pc crashes and problems installing games. Having to upgrade hardware was a pain in the ass as well, doubt i will be going backto pc anytime soon tbh.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-13, 11:24 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

At the moment I have all 3 consoles and decent PC, but that is all through luck....I will want the PS4 but I don't know when I will get it and I don't plan on upgrading my PC for awhile.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-13, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
Its not _for_ gaming though, its for GPU-based supercomputers, which are on the way in.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode