Two Hours Of Aliens Colonial Marines - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 10:09 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Reading the comments here has somewhat disappointed me, but not enough to really regret buying the game at all. Saw the two hour gameplay footage showing off the multiplayer and campaign. I think it looks fun. I believe i'll have fun playing it. If it sucks in my opinion, I'll say so. I don't think i'm going to find it sucks. I enjoyed AVP, and people said that one sucked. I wasn't disappointed at all with the story. I found it enjoyable. I'm sure it'll be the same circumstance here.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 10:37 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
Reading the comments here has somewhat disappointed me, but not enough to really regret buying the game at all. Saw the two hour gameplay footage showing off the multiplayer and campaign. I think it looks fun. I believe i'll have fun playing it. If it sucks in my opinion, I'll say so. I don't think i'm going to find it sucks. I enjoyed AVP, and people said that one sucked. I wasn't disappointed at all with the story. I found it enjoyable. I'm sure it'll be the same circumstance here.
Sometimes a game doesn't have to be good to enjoy it. Hell I like resident evil 6 and we all know what most people think of that game. I just don't advice people to go around saying that their personal preferences warrant a genuinely good game, or make unjustified statements about how its better then its competitors (Despite evidence and common sense). Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
However ACM gives me a proper closure to the alien series. After the disappointment of alien 3 and resurrection I'm quite happy with the plot of ACM.

I played blacklight tribes and so forth. And none of them do it for me. ACM gives me that feeling of being there that the movie didn't.
Now here is where I agree with you. After the disappointment of resurrection its nice for any medium to return to visit the traditional aliens settings and feel, and I take it from your last statement that it wasn't even really the game but the setting that got you to pick up the game in the first place.

That's something I can respect as its basically what keeps me playing resident evil, after resident evil game. I was only getting upset because as a game it doesn't really cut muster as a modern shooter or even a modern horror sci-fi, but if you genuinely are playing it for the aliens feeling than all the power to you, in fact if you opened with that point no one would have argued with you, hell that's why most of us play warhammer even when editions and army books roll in that kill the gaming experience from time to time.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come

Last edited by LukeValantine; 02-14-13 at 10:39 PM.
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
Sometimes a game doesn't have to be good to enjoy it. Hell I like resident evil 6 and we all know what most people think of that game. I just don't advice people to go around saying that their personal preferences warrant a genuinely good game, or make unjustified statements about how its better then its competitors (Despite evidence and common sense). Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Now here is where I agree with you. After the disappointment of resurrection its nice for any medium to return to visit the traditional aliens settings and feel, and I take it from your last statement that it wasn't even really the game but the setting that got you to pick up the game in the first place.

That's something I can respect as its basically what keeps me playing resident evil, after resident evil game. I was only getting upset because as a game it doesn't really cut muster as a modern shooter or even a modern horror sci-fi, but if you genuinely are playing it for the aliens feeling than all the power to you, in fact if you opened with that point no one would have argued with you, hell that's why most of us play warhammer even when editions and army books roll in that kill the gaming experience from time to time.
I probably should have stated that but I had the flu since monday my desire to do things is low.

Also just to point out I am disappointed with aliens 3 as well as resurrection. Seriously kill off two characters just because the actress that played the girl was an adult. Imagine if they did that with bond or The Dr.

To me the plot of this game would have been perfect for aliens 3. After all the marines in aliens weren't really given a chance. ACM gives them a chance. Granted it's plot armor but that's not the point.
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 11:59 PM

Its also nice to get some more background on the colonial marines themselves as they where a cool part of the fiction that wasn't really explored at all after 2. Also its been so long since I watched resurrection that I got to ask, where the idiotic suicidal cowards in resurrection marines? I sure hope not as they where almost comic relief.

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-15-13, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
Its also nice to get some more background on the colonial marines themselves as they where a cool part of the fiction that wasn't really explored at all after 2. Also its been so long since I watched resurrection that I got to ask, where the idiotic suicidal cowards in resurrection marines? I sure hope not as they where almost comic relief.
I assume so. They got their asses kicked worse than the marines in 2 got slaughtered. At least in 2 they put up a fight and took some of the Xeno's down with them.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-15-13, 02:16 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
I enjoyed AVP, and people said that one sucked. I wasn't disappointed at all with the story. I found it enjoyable
I found it really enjoyable as well, but it still could have been better :/ I only played a demo of the original AVP, but it seemed like it had a lot more. More predator weaponry, starting your alien life as a facehugger and going through their different phases of life etc. etc.
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-15-13, 03:26 AM

I remember playing the crap out of the game AVP: Extinction. Fun game. Soaked up hours of my time at a time. Another game like that I think would be pretty cool.

Quote:
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-15-13, 04:46 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

I have that game as well! Nobody else seems to know about it. It was annoying playing as Aliens though, having to drag bodies back for insemination. Although I wouldn't want it to be any other way. I still love Predators more though
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-15-13, 04:49 AM

Haven't played that game in years. Our disk got too scratched to read cus we played it too much. I loved the Aliens most of all. I don't know why. I guess it was just fun dragging everything back to the hive, building up my forces, and tactically zerg rushing whatever enemy I was fighting. I remember one of the missions on the new planet with mainly just animals and a few predators. Ended up creating almost a full host of runners. They were quite useful. Pred-alien usefulness is self explanatory

Quote:
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-15-13, 05:19 AM

Wow other people that remember AVP:extinction, I still have a working copy of that game. You know what it really needed? A skirmish mode.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode