Two Hours Of Aliens Colonial Marines - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-13-13, 03:53 PM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Played it and completed it.
Co-Op online is interesting, especially in Ultimate Bad Ass mode. The fact you dont know how much health you have, what your armour condition is, you rely on your ammo counter on the side and the fact friendly fire is on.
Visuals are... dated.

I would give the Game a 5 out of 10. Nothing special, very generic shooter. Had so much potential but missed the expected target. They have brought nothing new to the scene. Although there is now a rather unexpected twist to the Aliens "Canon".

Unfortunately i agree it was over hyped, but what games developer would ever actually say "HEY! BUY THIS GAME! ITS RATHER GENERIC!"

But i must agree with someone who posted on IGN - "It seems these days that unless you follow COD or Halo in gameplay people will slate the game".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-13-13, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
You should wait, the game is trash that barely works.
The game works fine. Assuming you're capable of doing some basic google skills to fix the problems.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-13-13, 06:44 PM

ThoseKrazyKasrkin's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
The game works fine. Assuming you're capable of doing some basic google skills to fix the problems.
Shouldnt have to, especially for a full price game

'Luck is the residue of design.' - John Milton

'Let the world tremble as it senses all you are about to accomplish.' - Luís de Camões
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-13-13, 09:57 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Dafuq...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseKrazyKasrkin View Post
Shouldnt have to, especially for a full price game
It's a PC game name one release that was 100% bug free.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 12:18 AM

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

I'm honestly shocked anybody was surprised by his failure. The commericals alone screamed failure to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 01:10 AM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Another bad game, I was suspicious the moment they didn't release a extensive demo. Its generic and lacks polish, if it was released 5-7 years ago it would have been considered a good game, but it gets a solid meh these days.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come

Last edited by LukeValantine; 02-14-13 at 01:13 AM.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
Another bad game, I was suspicious the moment they didn't release a extensive demo. Its generic and lacks polish, if it was released 5-7 years ago it would have been considered a good game, but it gets a solid meh these days.
Name one game that isn't COD battlefield starcraft for the PC that did well.

I'll give you a hint. there isn't any why? because 99% of the fan base is to stupid to understand what the golden age of PC gaming was. If the original quake or doom was released today instead of the 90's people would be slamming it saying that it should be more like COD.

ACM is a great game it's what aliens 3 should have been.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 03:58 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

I want another remake of Alien vs Predator, but with good combat mechanics and not the rock, paper, scissors style combat.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-14-13, 05:01 AM

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Name one game that isn't COD battlefield starcraft for the PC that did well.

I'll give you a hint. there isn't any why? because 99% of the fan base is to stupid to understand what the golden age of PC gaming was. If the original quake or doom was released today instead of the 90's people would be slamming it saying that it should be more like COD.

ACM is a great game it's what aliens 3 should have been.
Or ... maybe 99% of the fan base isn't stupid. Maybe its their goddamn money and they'll spend it however they damn well please. And because they want something like COD or Battlefield or Starcraft -- thats why the corporations focus on these game types.

People aren't stupid just because they don't conform to your idea of how a game should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode