what would you like to see in Skyrim? - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 05:12 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Werewolf_Arngeirr View Post
many, many mods give disguises, the one I actually use for this is called Sneak Tools.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19447//?
Do you know if there's anything on steam workshop? Nexus has amazing stuff but i honestly can't be bothered - i've been down the route of hyper-modding my games and i'd just rather be playing than configuring stuff and making sure all my mods are working.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 05:29 PM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by VixusKragov View Post
From everything I've heard, I'm refusing to get very excited about ESO, simply because I learned my lesson in overhype with The Old Republic.

Most MMOs seem to sprout crazy at the start and then dwindle off into near-nothingness nowadays, besides WoW, which is only trickling off users.
pretty much, and WoW is horrid compared to what it was before. The thing is, too many companies are "jumping on the band wagon" but have not taken the time to get the games down properly.

SWTOR was not a bad game by any means, Im sure anyone who played it like I did from the start could tell you that it 'could' have been a good game from the start, had activision not rushed the game so the LFG didnt get implimented right away, and they started with FAR TOO MANY servers. they took themselves to be much larger then they were and ended up failing due to it. Add to the fact they did not put enough effort into the end game.

the other big issue is people are expecting new MMOs to come out with the same content size as WoW which is on their 4th Expansion, WoW didnt even have an end game when it first came out for almost 6 months, no end game, AT ALL. what game companies need to look at is not how to make a game like WoW, but make a game that can hold a players attention for long periods of time, Vanilla WoW did that, gave blizzard enough time to create their end game, and it worked.

So, heres what i remember about Vanilla WoW and why it worked: It took forever to REACH end game even the best of players took a couple months to hit 60, and when you did reach end game, you had to grind reputation, gear, keys to access the content coming out. every new dungeon had new reputation you needed, or gear requirements you needed to enter, For example, Molten Core needed Fire resistance gear. <- these requirements were removed in a later expansion, you did not have dungeon finder < - this made leveling more fun, but also makes the game MASSIVELY faster to level with. you did not get your mount until 40, anyone whos played WoW back then knows the horror of footslogging through Desolace, or the barrens, or STV. <- once they moved the mount requirement down to 20, the game once again got infinately faster to level, as your not moving at 100% speed until 40, it was 20, you were moving at 160% speed, then 200% speed at 60, not 40. it also took more experience to level, I remember completing 100% of quests in certain areas, especially in higher up areas, 30-40 40-50 ideal, that you would get maybe only half of the level range from the quests, so you would need to move to another area of the same range or grind it out. <- this was another thing that was simplified in WoW and made leveling MASSIVELY faster.

So in conclusion, MMOs are dieing because players are too greedy and want everything right away. There have been quite a few MMOs that have had promise, but just fell short due to either not realizing the above, or trying too hard to cater to players who are used to speedy levels without giving them enough of a challenge while leveling. When you have people hitting end game in a week, youve done something wrong.
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 06:21 PM

VixusKragov's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Werewolf_Arngeirr View Post
pretty much, and WoW is horrid compared to what it was before. The thing is, too many companies are "jumping on the band wagon" but have not taken the time to get the games down properly.

SWTOR was not a bad game by any means, Im sure anyone who played it like I did from the start could tell you that it 'could' have been a good game from the start, had activision not rushed the game so the LFG didnt get implimented right away, and they started with FAR TOO MANY servers. they took themselves to be much larger then they were and ended up failing due to it. Add to the fact they did not put enough effort into the end game.

the other big issue is people are expecting new MMOs to come out with the same content size as WoW which is on their 4th Expansion, WoW didnt even have an end game when it first came out for almost 6 months, no end game, AT ALL. what game companies need to look at is not how to make a game like WoW, but make a game that can hold a players attention for long periods of time, Vanilla WoW did that, gave blizzard enough time to create their end game, and it worked.

So, heres what i remember about Vanilla WoW and why it worked: It took forever to REACH end game even the best of players took a couple months to hit 60, and when you did reach end game, you had to grind reputation, gear, keys to access the content coming out. every new dungeon had new reputation you needed, or gear requirements you needed to enter, For example, Molten Core needed Fire resistance gear. <- these requirements were removed in a later expansion, you did not have dungeon finder < - this made leveling more fun, but also makes the game MASSIVELY faster to level with. you did not get your mount until 40, anyone whos played WoW back then knows the horror of footslogging through Desolace, or the barrens, or STV. <- once they moved the mount requirement down to 20, the game once again got infinately faster to level, as your not moving at 100% speed until 40, it was 20, you were moving at 160% speed, then 200% speed at 60, not 40. it also took more experience to level, I remember completing 100% of quests in certain areas, especially in higher up areas, 30-40 40-50 ideal, that you would get maybe only half of the level range from the quests, so you would need to move to another area of the same range or grind it out. <- this was another thing that was simplified in WoW and made leveling MASSIVELY faster.

So in conclusion, MMOs are dieing because players are too greedy and want everything right away. There have been quite a few MMOs that have had promise, but just fell short due to either not realizing the above, or trying too hard to cater to players who are used to speedy levels without giving them enough of a challenge while leveling. When you have people hitting end game in a week, youve done something wrong.

Well said.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode