what would you like to see in Skyrim? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 12:59 PM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
June/ July, started at 1 made it to mid 20s. It was like I described gameplay wise.
so in other words 4 months ago, and with beta's they tend to have new builds every 2 - 4 weeks, so youve easily missed atleast 4 new builds. and since that time, im pretty sure it was august, they reported UI improvements, gameplay improvements, etc. The game wont be out until next year still, so your beta test might be a year off, and an MMOs gameplay, while LIVE can change drastically in that time, so I wouldnt write off ESO yet.

Betas at that stage are designed far more to be played by people like me, who will do stupid shit on purpose to see if I can cause bugs. oh, theres a mountain there that should act as a zone wall? ill climb it. invisible wall at the top? ill jump about pushing forward to see if I cant find my way into unfinished areas beyond it. (ever watch the old videos from Vanilla World of WArcraft of people accessing places like Hyjal?) the MMO 'fun factors' interesting quests, challenging fights, an actual mass of people, and dungeons to run with them, are generally added in piecemeal for every area, so you may not have seen half of the content they have designed for the area.

As for Zones, you will never find an mmo without some sort of zoning like barrier, wouldnt want players to accidentally run into an end game zone at level 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaLkAwaY View Post
The Nexus is an awesome site it is actually a combination of sites for all Bethesda games and has forums for each type as well. A cautionary word though, don't have an opinion about anything or you will get banned. Actually better yet just do not ask any questions or make any posts and you should be fine.

Not sure how many mods I run but I have two badass systems that sit next to each other they each played the game on ultra high and only crashed a few times. I did however use some type of program that checked compatibility of mods though I cannot remember what it is called. It was different than the built in one.
BOSS / SUM, I use them myself, especially with the amount of mods i run that may have compatability issues.
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 01:09 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

I am not sure how I feel about ESO. On the one hand it would be cool to run around with your friends if what you were doing actually counted toward something and was persistent. On the other hand all it takes is a look at companies like Activision and IW/Treyarch to see how they took an awesome game and made it total crap by forcing you to play how they want and also lying to people subversively of course. And then all it takes is a look at DayZ to see how the gaming community as a whole has ruined FPS or MP games in general for everyone.

Yeah would be nice in some aspects but will have to wait and see what happens before making that leap.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I am not sure how I feel about ESO. On the one hand it would be cool to run around with your friends if what you were doing actually counted toward something and was persistent. On the other hand all it takes is a look at companies like Activision and IW/Treyarch to see how they took an awesome game and made it total crap by forcing you to play how they want and also lying to people subversively of course. And then all it takes is a look at DayZ to see how the gaming community as a whole has ruined FPS or MP games in general for everyone.

Yeah would be nice in some aspects but will have to wait and see what happens before making that leap.
big money grubbing companies ruin good game ideas, i agree. but they do it to single player games as much as they do to MMOs. Activision made Call of Duty, a practical reskin cash grab series, and when they bought out blizzard, they ruined a great company, effecting heavily both their Single player and multiplayer games. This is not a problem with being wary of MMOs this is is a problem with how our society is becoming. GREED has seeped in to those at the top, and those who follow are sheep being led to the slaughter, rather then a bound pack who take the leader out when they do things that hurt the pack.

But I have hopes for ESO for multiple reasons. Ive been following the game over forums and such, guess what they do that NONE of the big companies have been doing with their MMOs lately? actually LISTENING to their core audience. and if they get the First person / third person with skyrim mouse controls down, like they have been aiming for from the start, it will be great.
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 01:21 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

::shrugs:: Wasn't my first beta or mmo. Won't be my last, just know I refuse to pay for what they have now. Have talked to people that bothered with the more current builds. They agree with my description. ESO may overhaul itself enough before release to change that view but at this point I know that it won't be special enough to rate more than f2p status for me.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 01:38 PM
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Werewolf_Arngeirr View Post
big money grubbing companies ruin good game ideas, i agree. but they do it to single player games as much as they do to MMOs. Activision made Call of Duty, a practical reskin cash grab series, and when they bought out blizzard, they ruined a great company, effecting heavily both their Single player and multiplayer games. This is not a problem with being wary of MMOs this is is a problem with how our society is becoming. GREED has seeped in to those at the top, and those who follow are sheep being led to the slaughter, rather then a bound pack who take the leader out when they do things that hurt the pack.
Capitalism is not the problem, I am all for companies making money and getting the most out of their products. You do have it right however with the "how society is becoming" thing. The gaming companies effed up how you play what really effed gaming up is society and the communities that play these games.

Quote:
But I have hopes for ESO for multiple reasons. Ive been following the game over forums and such, guess what they do that NONE of the big companies have been doing with their MMOs lately? actually LISTENING to their core audience. and if they get the First person / third person with skyrim mouse controls down, like they have been aiming for from the start, it will be great.
Well hopefully the game lives up to what you are expecting from it. Would be nice for a change that something turns out with a plus side in gaming.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Capitalism is not the problem, I am all for companies making money and getting the most out of their products. You do have it right however with the "how society is becoming" thing. The gaming companies effed up how you play what really effed gaming up is society and the communities that play these games.

Well hopefully the game lives up to what you are expecting from it. Would be nice for a change that something turns out with a plus side in gaming.
not talking capitilism, was talking how our world has turned. think about it this way.

this is the difference between the old and new, and i think it gives a very big look into our worlds society as a whole. The older games may not be as pretty, but they were designed to be challenging, to give people thought processing abilities, timing, etc. new games are easy, redundant, and boring. they have too many little things that make life easier, and such become boring.
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 01:54 PM
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
not talking capitilism, was talking how our world has turned. think about it this way.

this is the difference between the old and new, and i think it gives a very big look into our worlds society as a whole. The older games may not be as pretty, but they were designed to be challenging, to give people thought processing abilities, timing, etc. new games are easy, redundant, and boring. they have too many little things that make life easier, and such become boring.
True because everyone in society has to be a winner and if you do not hand out 25th place trophies the first place winner will be seen as a bully and society will tear them down because everyone must be coddled and made to feel special even though they are not. Winning is the new losing. If you excel at something you are expected to feel badly for it. This is not sarcasm on my part just truth.

post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 01:58 PM

Quote:
True because everyone in society has to be a winner and if you do not hand out 25th place trophies the first place winner will be seen as a bully and society will tear them down because everyone must be coddled and made to feel special even though they are not. Winning is the new losing. If you excel at something you are expected to feel badly for it. This is not sarcasm on my part just truth.
could not agree more.
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 04:30 PM

VixusKragov's Flag is: USA

From everything I've heard, I'm refusing to get very excited about ESO, simply because I learned my lesson in overhype with The Old Republic.

Most MMOs seem to sprout crazy at the start and then dwindle off into near-nothingness nowadays, besides WoW, which is only trickling off users.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode