what would you like to see in Skyrim? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 05:12 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Werewolf_Arngeirr View Post
oh and just to add, I have 115 modules active on my load order list right now.
I have all 254 plug in slots taken up in my load order with the nexus mod manager. About like you said with your crashes, except mine consistently crashes around the hour, hour and a half mark.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 05:43 AM

VixusKragov's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
I have all 254 plug in slots taken up in my load order with the nexus mod manager. About like you said with your crashes, except mine consistently crashes around the hour, hour and a half mark.
The sacrifices we make.

post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 05:48 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VixusKragov View Post
The sacrifices we make.

Indeed. Sacrifices not made in vain. They are so very worth it.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 06:09 AM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

i dont think anyone here disagrees, we sacrifice our patience occasionally with crashing to make our games that much better.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 09:52 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Having played a good amount of Oblivion, and an even larger amount of Skyrim I find there are only two things I want changed from the current Eldar Scrolls: Skyrim game.

A) The first is multiplayer Co-oP. One of the greatest crimes of this series, to me, is that it has not allowed you to explore the great world of Tamriel with your freinds. Sure they have Oblivions Deatchmatch mode, and the vs cometitions for petty arguements and bouts of honor; but they won't due. I want 3 friends to run along side with me in Skyrim (on Xbox 360/One) and help me do quests, or kill time; or just rape/pillage in general.

The second is a bigger game with a more fixed plot line. Oblivion was big, Skyrim was massive, ESO is suppose to be 5 times larger than Skyrim. However I want a GTA V style map, or something akin to Fallout 3/New Vegas. I want to explore every nook and cranny of Tamriel, find every quest and slay plenty of bad guys. To that end I want massive maps with many quests and good CG.

That is all....nothing else really

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
Having played a good amount of Oblivion, and an even larger amount of Skyrim I find there are only two things I want changed from the current Eldar Scrolls: Skyrim game.

A) The first is multiplayer Co-oP. One of the greatest crimes of this series, to me, is that it has not allowed you to explore the great world of Tamriel with your freinds. Sure they have Oblivions Deatchmatch mode, and the vs cometitions for petty arguements and bouts of honor; but they won't due. I want 3 friends to run along side with me in Skyrim (on Xbox 360/One) and help me do quests, or kill time; or just rape/pillage in general.

The second is a bigger game with a more fixed plot line. Oblivion was big, Skyrim was massive, ESO is suppose to be 5 times larger than Skyrim. However I want a GTA V style map, or something akin to Fallout 3/New Vegas. I want to explore every nook and cranny of Tamriel, find every quest and slay plenty of bad guys. To that end I want massive maps with many quests and good CG.

That is all....nothing else really
youll never see a free explore MMO. it just is not going to happen. infact, your more likely to see FO3 or FONV stylized maps then GTA as the formers both were not STL based, but area leveled based. and most MMOs dont have massive loading screens.

I have a feeling ESO will consist of 4 major "areas" one for each faction and the center, being split up by barrier gates, purely to reduce massive amounts of load time. but with what i have heard so far about ESO, and their megaserver idea is that everyone is on the same server, so it will likely be pseudo instanced like how GW1 and GW2 are.
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 11:52 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

It had zones when I did a beta, the game is pretty boring honestly. Combine Tera and GW2 then slap a Skyrim skin on it and you have ESO.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
It had zones when I did a beta, the game is pretty boring honestly. Combine Tera and GW2 then slap a Skyrim skin on it and you have ESO.
how long ago did you get to "test" a beta of it? one of the more stable platforms at the conventions? which are usually a full beta build behind, sometimes a stable versions built early on for conventions, and the actual games beta stays under full NDA. IE: its a demo, not a beta.

I have not had the chance to actually test it, and a few small things concern me with the "starting class" list idea, could have done so much more in that aspect, but Im still reserving my judgement on that until I see the game personally.

did you start at level 1? and have to go through the dregs of MMO leveling? or were you given a premade character of their design to show off abilities that were completed? did you just not have enjoyment watching the visuals? or was it lacking in complexity of abilities?

ALL mmos are going to feel similar, they all have their ups and downs, most companies are too afraid of change in the MMO department to make any serious massive overhauls to the game structures.
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 12:38 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

June/ July, started at 1 made it to mid 20s. It was like I described gameplay wise.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 12:47 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VixusKragov View Post
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/

Just going to leave this here.

p.s. Most mods will have instructions for installation in the description if you're having trouble.
The Nexus is an awesome site it is actually a combination of sites for all Bethesda games and has forums for each type as well. A cautionary word though, don't have an opinion about anything or you will get banned. Actually better yet just do not ask any questions or make any posts and you should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Werewolf_Arngeirr View Post
they can clear active memory, clutter, if you will, but it cant clear certain aspects of the games cache especially due to the games open world concept. larger world = more objects to load = closer to the memory cap. older games = more memory to load due to progress = closer to memory cap. higher definition = far more memory used = closer to memory cap.

dont get me wrong, the game does clear clutter, but its direct coding is designed for a non modded game on medium graphical power, on a very obsolete System specs. and was designed for THAT in mind first, then adapted for the more powerful, and modable PC. sadly, this means that the games going to crash cause some memory just cant be erased no matter how many times the game tries to clear the cache, as it still can not clear everything. And you will always notice more crashing, with the more mods you put in, or how much progress you have made, as both add that extra strain to the system.

I use over 100 mods in my skyrim game, it looks utterly fantastic.

I crash on average about once every 1 - 2 hours, with some places, especially near water, I tend to crash more frequently. (I crash a lot near solitude) but Im running a top end computer that runs every game on extreme graphical settings while still getting 60 frames easy.
Not sure how many mods I run but I have two badass systems that sit next to each other they each played the game on ultra high and only crashed a few times. I did however use some type of program that checked compatibility of mods though I cannot remember what it is called. It was different than the built in one.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode