Space Marine on consoles dead in the water? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-27-13, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

Default Space Marine on consoles dead in the water?

Just went to download the 'Dreadnought' DLC in the XBL marketplace. The DLC is missing, and also the 'Chaos Rising' DLC has disappeared too. Went over to the Space Marine forums to suss it out and the place is a graveyard. Word is the game has been dumped by THQ (since going ass up), they have removed the DLC from XBL (no idea about PS3/PC) and no further support will be issued for that game. Even the forum has no moderators anymore.

F**K! The dreadnought DLC looked awesome! I dont get why they would dump the DLC? Surely it could be still making them some money? Relic just got bought by SEGA a few days ago, i wonder if Relic (who also produced Space Marine and still holds the 40k license) will get the DLC back up?

Bugger, Space Marine was quite a dark horse tactical multiplayer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-27-13, 09:07 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

THQ has been disbanded, so that might be a reason. But thats shit weird, cause everything else is still available. Also, dude, you just saved yourself some money. The Dreadnought DLC was indeed awesome incarnate, but trying to find a game of it these days is pretty much impossible if you dont pull together a party in a private lobby.

No idea about PS3, but its still on Steam.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

Last edited by Doelago; 01-27-13 at 09:12 AM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-27-13, 09:10 AM

GreyWolfUchiha's Flag is: Scotland

Unfortunately not enough people bought the game. It's a shame considering good games like this get no attention yet FIFA and CoD players will queue up at midnight every year to buy the same, mediocre game.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-27-13, 09:24 AM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyWolfUchiha View Post
Unfortunately not enough people bought the game. It's a shame considering good games like this get no attention yet FIFA and CoD players will queue up at midnight every year to buy the same, mediocre game.
In defence of Black Ops 2, this one was actually quite good - even if I only had the chance to play on it because my brother had it for Christmas. Although Black Ops 1 and MW3 were shite. FIFA 13 looks decent as well and the demo that I played in my local Game store was fairly awesome, and they need to either update the player rooster/etc to keep the game up to date. However, I see your point, games like SM don't get as much attention as they should - and I agree to a certain extent. (Also, I don't get the queuing up at midnight for FIFA. Why would anyone queue up at midnight for a game anyway?)

I think what would have made Space Marine more awesome from my point of view if the Campaign let you play as different classes, visiting different planets etc and allowing the option of multi-player offline (IE, against a friend on the same console) on the Xbox 360 at least - mainly because I lack Xbox Live .
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-27-13, 09:33 AM
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

warsmith7752's Flag is: United Kingdom

Who's still playing SM, i stopped for a while but recently it's become my game of choice. I'd like to be able to play a game without GK coming on as an arranged team and roflstomping us pubs.

Steam name is *Cf* Warsmith, if anyone want to play.

current win rates;
csm 3/1/1
daemons 1/0/0
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-27-13, 10:13 AM

GreyWolfUchiha's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
In defence of Black Ops 2, this one was actually quite good - even if I only had the chance to play on it because my brother had it for Christmas. Although Black Ops 1 and MW3 were shite. FIFA 13 looks decent as well and the demo that I played in my local Game store was fairly awesome, and they need to either update the player rooster/etc to keep the game up to date. However, I see your point, games like SM don't get as much attention as they should - and I agree to a certain extent. (Also, I don't get the queuing up at midnight for FIFA. Why would anyone queue up at midnight for a game anyway?)

I think what would have made Space Marine more awesome from my point of view if the Campaign let you play as different classes, visiting different planets etc and allowing the option of multi-player offline (IE, against a friend on the same console) on the Xbox 360 at least - mainly because I lack Xbox Live .
I'll admit I do quite enjoy playing blops 2, but I'd much rather that space marine had the same popularity, I find it a lot more fun than CoD As for FIFA, I've never liked that game at all ;)

Last edited by GreyWolfUchiha; 01-27-13 at 10:16 AM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-27-13, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyWolfUchiha View Post
I'll admit I do quite enjoy playing blops 2, but I'd much rather that space marine had the same popularity, I find it a lot more fun than CoD As for FIFA, I've never liked that game at all ;)
I guess it depends on whether you're a football fan or not . I can't stand similar sports games that aren't FIFA though (although Forza is an exception), especially its weaker and necessary clone Pro Evolution.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-27-13, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

FIFA's not really popular in Australia. We have AFL/Rugby during winter (state dependent), Cricket during summer. Soccer is still trying to establish itself here.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-13, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Subtle View Post
FIFA's not really popular in Australia. We have AFL/Rugby during winter (state dependent), Cricket during summer. Soccer is still trying to establish itself here.
Football! It's Football! . .

But yeah, I see your point. FIFA's largest market is probably the UK. Not sure about other European Countries, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be too big in the USA either.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-13, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
Football! It's Football! . .

But yeah, I see your point. FIFA's largest market is probably the UK. Not sure about other European Countries, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be too big in the USA either.
The 'football' argument is entrenched in Australia long before Soccer ever tried to make a break here. If you live in Queensland or New South Wales you play Rugby and call it football. All the other states play AFL and call that football. There's a pretty huge AFL vs Rubgy as best Aussie football code between QLD+NSW and Everyone else. Soccer is gaining some popularity here, but it's got a LONG way to go to know off say AFL which nets 50,000+ a game and over 100,000 at the GF. Attendance that is.

For the record. I'm Victorian so go AFL!!! Best sport in the world. No pads, full contact, tonnes of running and scoring.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode