Space Marine on consoles dead in the water? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-13, 05:21 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Subtle View Post
The 'football' argument is entrenched in Australia long before Soccer ever tried to make a break here. If you live in Queensland or New South Wales you play Rugby and call it football. All the other states play AFL and call that football. There's a pretty huge AFL vs Rubgy as best Aussie football code between QLD+NSW and Everyone else. Soccer is gaining some popularity here, but it's got a LONG way to go to know off say AFL which nets 50,000+ a game and over 100,000 at the GF. Attendance that is.

For the record. I'm Victorian so go AFL!!! Best sport in the world. No pads, full contact, tonnes of running and scoring.
Fair enough. Pretty much everyone in England just calls it Football. But we seem to have gone a bit off topic, so back to Space Marine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-13, 05:37 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I downloaded the ENTIRE THQ franchise for my computer at Christmas from Steam. All of Dawn of War, DoW2, and all the Space Marine stuff.

Potentially for xbox you will have to go out to your favourite used games store and get them the old fashioned way?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Related Projects
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-13, 06:15 PM
Gombol's Flag is: England

The multiplayer was horrible anyway.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-13, 06:27 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
Football! It's Football! . .

But yeah, I see your point. FIFA's largest market is probably the UK. Not sure about other European Countries, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be too big in the USA either.
Football is the world's largest sport, by triple margin to the second largest, and I think you'll find that Europe as a whole probably has the highest % of players and followers.

You'll find that almost any football fan in Europe has a favourite team in England, Italy, Germany and Spain, and I've seen plenty of Asian football fans who support English teams. Myself, I'm Norwegian and a fan of Blackburn Rovers in England, Juventus in Italy and Hannover 96 in Germany. (I hate the Spanish league though)

As for Australia, football is a lot bigger than Aussies seem to think, maybe not their league which is big only in Sydney, but the national team rarely play a match that didn't sell out all the tickets and without at least a million watchers on TV.

There have also been many footy fans traveling from Australia to the past 3-4 world cups, especially where Australia qualified.

Hell, even the US has a pretty decent team now and about 20 million steady followers.

EDIT: This thread was about Space Marine? I would never have guessed!

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-29-13, 04:50 AM

Takizuchi's Flag is: USA

Im still able to find multiplayer games on the PS3. Though its usally for the baseline game. It takes forever to find a Chaos dlc match, and ive had no luck with the dreanaught assault dlc. which sucks because A, that game mode was freakin amazing and B, it had some very fun and interesting maps. Still one of my favorite PS3 games for multiplayer. Here's hoping Sega might throw us a bone soon.

Some days i swear my dice are trying to get me killed.
Is it bad sportsmanship to cackle evilly during ones game?
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-29-13, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

^ I agree mate. It's some of the best fun I've had multiplayer. Love the one where you have to hold the checkpoints. Setting up ambushes and choke points. Then assaults someone doing the same thing. Lag is a big issue in this game. Seems to get you killed more so than the major FPS's. Lets hope SEGA bring some support back for this game!

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-29-13, 03:32 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Guys....we need to find a way to bridge the gap between Xbox and Steam. I've rarely had a problem finding any Space Marine games....though I've yet to get down on dreadnought assault.

If you have any ideas or use Steam I would love to play Space Marine game with anyone on this board. With little lag and much experience.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Related Projects
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-29-13, 04:13 PM
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

warsmith7752's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I would love to play Space Marine game with anyone on this board
There was supposed to be a heresy online clan when the game first came out, not sure what happened to it but there was a heap of people that showed intrest.

current win rates;
csm 3/1/1
daemons 1/0/0
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-13, 01:20 AM

I'm game for any PC matches. Preferably exterminates.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode