Elder Scrolls Online gameplay - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-13, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Warlord_Winters's Flag is: USA

Default Elder Scrolls Online gameplay

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-13, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Can someone get Blizzard a clean pair of pants?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-13, 07:37 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I want to know how archery is going to work, is it going to be aim based or lock based.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-13, 07:46 PM
Septok's Flag is: England

This looks like it'll be amazing. As Words so verbally wondered, I'm also wondering how not just archery, but all ranged weaponry, will aim. To be honest, there's actually not much about yet. However, even if it turns out bad in gameplay, I'll play it if purely for the fluff.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-13, 09:43 PM

Turnip86's Flag is: England

Looks really good although trailers are always better than the game ;)

The only problem for me is the age of MMO's is well and truly dead in my eyes. I played WoW from release up until around 2 years ago and in that 5-6 year period dabbled in AoC, EVE, WAR and a couple of other whose names escape me and they were fun but the majority of players are too annoying for my liking and while I might give it a go I doubt I'd get dragged in to the game as much as it used to happen.

Still, it's elder scrolls and I'm sure even if it's full of annoying players (although this looks more "mature" than WoW (or at least current WoW - vanilla WoW was pretty raw) so might put some people off) it'll be full of lore to explore which is always nice in a game.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-13, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnip86 View Post
Looks really good although trailers are always better than the game ;)

well yeah but this shows actual gameplay , if anything it's closer to the game that a cinematic would be
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-13, 10:33 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm trying to find a game that gives me the feeling WoW gave me, but every one I've come upon has found me drifting away from it after a month or two.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-13, 11:37 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Don't touch this Rift knockoff with a bargepole. It has nothing to do with the Elder Scrolls lore-wise and will leave you bitter and disappointed. It lumps factions into bigger factions for no apparent reason other than to reduce the developer's workload, and the art style is reprehensible. Any friend of mine who touches this piece of shit loses my respect in an instant! This is MMO fandom abuse 101!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septok View Post
As Words so verbally wondered, I'm also wondering how not just archery, but all ranged weaponry, will aim.
Bog standard tab-targeting. I guarantee it.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo

Last edited by MetalHandkerchief; 01-18-13 at 11:39 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-13, 12:32 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
Don't touch this Rift knockoff with a bargepole. It has nothing to do with the Elder Scrolls lore-wise and will leave you bitter and disappointed. It lumps factions into bigger factions for no apparent reason other than to reduce the developer's workload, and the art style is reprehensible. Any friend of mine who touches this piece of shit loses my respect in an instant! This is MMO fandom abuse 101!

How exactly is it a rift knock off?

How exactly were the factions lumped into bigger factions for no reason? Have you read the reasoning they've given on their website?

How do you know it has nothing to do with the Elder Scrolls lore wise? Have you played it in advance? No?

Then don't tell us that it sucks before you've even tried it. Don't tell us it has nothing to do with the lore. Don't tell us its a rift knock off without any proof that it is or not. We will form our own opinions when we play it. Its not like I have to tell you to be quiet so we can form our own opinions. Everyone else will do just that before they decide it sucks or not. I can guarantee that they will. Also, at least try it out when it comes out before you make an opinion on it. Don't just base it off of nothing, nothing, and more nothing.

Anyway, this looks pretty cool. Cant wait for it to come out.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-13, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
How exactly is it a rift knock off?

How exactly were the factions lumped into bigger factions for no reason? Have you read the reasoning they've given on their website?

How do you know it has nothing to do with the Elder Scrolls lore wise? Have you played it in advance? No?

Then don't tell us that it sucks before you've even tried it. Don't tell us it has nothing to do with the lore. Don't tell us its a rift knock off without any proof that it is or not. We will form our own opinions when we play it. Its not like I have to tell you to be quiet so we can form our own opinions. Everyone else will do just that before they decide it sucks or not. I can guarantee that they will. Also, at least try it out when it comes out before you make an opinion on it. Don't just base it off of nothing, nothing, and more nothing.

Anyway, this looks pretty cool. Cant wait for it to come out.
Fus Roh...Dayum! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post

Check this out, http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/game-guide/alliances

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode