VGA winners announced - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-12, 01:11 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

And Planetside 2 got nothing? Horseshit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-12, 03:38 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
And Planetside 2 got nothing? Horseshit.
Pure multiplayer games rarely get noticed, especially free-2-play ones. Then there's the added resentment of Sony Online Entertainment in the industry. Their reputation is probably the lowest of any publisher in video gaming due to their mismanagement of numerous games and subsequent abuse of their customers.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-12, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
Pure multiplayer games rarely get noticed, especially free-2-play ones. Then there's the added resentment of Sony Online Entertainment in the industry. Their reputation is probably the lowest of any publisher in video gaming due to their mismanagement of numerous games and subsequent abuse of their customers.
Considering the turnaround they've had in recent years, ESPECIALLY with the customer-first and community guided development PS2 has had, SOE should get some kind of award for that alone. It's even bigger in scale than CCP unfucking themself over the course of the last year or so.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-12, 06:00 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Halo 4 however was nothing but gnat's piss, unsubstantial, repetitive action with a greatly exaggerated script and execution that doesn't set itself apart from it's previous games in any real or meaningful way.
Glad I was not the only one who saw this. I felt the game was very repetitive and far too linear for my liking.

Of course mention any of this on a site like IGN and you literally get flayed and crucified alive before getting your account banned for "abusive behaviour". If all previous Halo games were like this I struggle to understand how they came to prominance in the first place.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-12, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Newman View Post
Of course mention any of this on a site like IGN and you literally get flayed and crucified alive before getting your account banned for "abusive behaviour".
Consider getting banned a favor. IGN`s community is the second largest collection of retards on the internet. Good thing they stay there.

Seriously, every time I visit the comments section my IQ drops drastically. Its at about the same mental level as a brain dead monkey.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-12, 06:30 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Considering the turnaround they've had in recent years, ESPECIALLY with the customer-first and community guided development PS2 has had, SOE should get some kind of award for that alone. It's even bigger in scale than CCP unfucking themself over the course of the last year or so.
Unfortunately, "there are no second chances" is the mantra of online gaming. No customer who witnessed Vanguard, The Matrix Online, and to some extent, Star Wars Galaxies, would want to ever have that turd sandwich again.

In online games and especially MMORPGs, first impression is everything. The first game anyone plays from a developer or publisher where they get treated badly will lose that customer forever, with few exceptions.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-12, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, "there are no second chances" is the mantra of online gaming. No customer who witnessed Vanguard, The Matrix Online, and to some extent, Star Wars Galaxies, would want to ever have that turd sandwich again.

In online games and especially MMORPGs, first impression is everything. The first game anyone plays from a developer or publisher where they get treated badly will lose that customer forever, with few exceptions.
To be fair, SOE have always made good games, they've just made some questionable decisions on iterating on them. They should also be applauded, not berated, for trying new things. Yes, a lot of these things have gone over badly with the playerbase, but they've always learned from their experiments and mistakes.

Frankly, PS2 is better off for learning from the past, and the development process really shows how much SOE has grown up, so I'd say that every single decision Smed and co have made has been totally worth it.

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-12, 01:11 AM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokis222 View Post
its a list of who you would expect to see and is more representative of best sellers than best games.
That's why Xcom won Best PC game?

Journey won best PS3 Game?

Borderlands 2 won best shooter/multiplayer over CoD and Halo?

Dishonored beat out Assassins Creed 3 for Action Adventure?

Walking Dead took Game of the Year?

Please. The winners weren't representative of Best sellers at all. You could give Borderlands the nod as a best seller but not the others.

Last edited by Wusword77; 12-12-12 at 01:26 AM.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-12, 01:47 AM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
That's why Xcom won Best PC game?

Journey won best PS3 Game?

Borderlands 2 won best shooter/multiplayer over CoD and Halo?

Dishonored beat out Assassins Creed 3 for Action Adventure?

Walking Dead took Game of the Year?

Please. The winners weren't representative of Best sellers at all. You could give Borderlands the nod as a best seller but not the others.
walking dead as game of the year was one of the few i agreed with. none of the rest even came close to best their class with possibly the exception of dishonored. i haven't played it.

as to the rest, with the exception of the ps3 game as i don't own a ps3, were decent, but by no means great.

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-12, 02:19 AM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokis222 View Post
walking dead as game of the year was one of the few i agreed with. none of the rest even came close to best their class with possibly the exception of dishonored. i haven't played it.

as to the rest, with the exception of the ps3 game as i don't own a ps3, were decent, but by no means great.
So you consider a game you have not yet played (from a publisher with a history of releasing broken, beta at best build games no less) as one of the best in class?

Are you a Wizard?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode