XBOX 720 Revealed by Leak: Images and Initial Specs - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-12, 07:09 PM

ThoseKrazyKasrkin's Flag is: Australia

I take all this stuff with alot of salt.
The console looks alright but that controller looks unwieldly and really suspicious. Ill believe it when i see it.

'Luck is the residue of design.' - John Milton

'Let the world tremble as it senses all you are about to accomplish.' - Luís de Camões
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-12, 08:20 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

The console is beautifully designed, but god that controller is fuck ugly. Other than that one little issue, I am happy with this. I am sure that if you want to put your DVD's on it, you can transfer them to somehow, or they will offer an external optical. Other than that, buy a dvd player.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-12, 12:56 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

As I don't have a 360, the lack of an Optical Drive for backcompatability is not an issue; I have a PS3 so that can be used for Bluray and my back compatible games (seriously, just release DW3/3XL, FFX and NFSU2 on PSN with trophies and I'm a happy bunny, maybe even all the Spyro and Crash Games), especially if the Sony Orbis doesn't work with them.

I hope more games have Cloud gaming profiles; so that like NFS MW 2012, I can play PC or PS3 and carry on in the same save. That way I can play MW4 or BF4 on PC/Orbis/720 etc.

I hope Online only or Cloud Games aren't required. I get so pissed with my Emily's Chromebook because of that Cloud reliance. I don't mind being able to Cloud Profile Sync so that I can get trophies/achievements and progress on all saves. I'd have loved to be able to trade the PS3 save of my Skyrim Main to PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-12, 09:53 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

apparently this is fake and was classified fake three years ago.

this is not what i said, my friend said this after i showed him.

Alice do you or your source have certified proof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".

Last edited by TechPr1est; 11-21-12 at 09:56 AM.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-12, 10:09 AM

Hello fine old chaps this thred seems like an adiqute place to start wouldent you agree
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-12, 10:10 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

oh fuck my friend has joined heresy online

prepare to be annoyed

what ever you do

dont. annoy. vaz.

or galahad

definately not jezlad

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-21-12, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPr1est View Post
apparently this is fake and was classified fake three years ago.

this is not what i said, my friend said this after i showed him.

Alice do you or your source have certified proof?
Yes. The information came straight from Microsoft, their Affiliates and/or the Dev's themselves.

I do not post wild speculation. (mostly domesticated or at least trained )

Alice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-12, 05:25 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

No optical drive?

In the first 2 pictures there is an eject button and an optical drive slot similar to the PS3 or Wii's.

As to the idea of a SSD cart system, I'm not buying it. Using flash media, like Sony and Nintendo do with the Vita and 3DS/DS seems to be much more profitable. Plus all the games would become bulky and difficult to ship/transport if it went the form of a cart.

I can believe the idea of Microsoft doing Digital Downloads and streaming for all their games, I just don't know how much parents and the consumer market is going to support it at this time (we all remember Onlive, right?). Plus many publishers are aware of how much they increase sales by in store advertising in places like Gamestop (just look at Borderlands, 2K openly admits the game wouldn't have done as well with out them) so this would be a HUGE blow to all but their largest (read: AAA) titles. Finally, many people are not going to want to pay a service fee (Xbox Live Gold) after buying their games just to play them.

Personally, I don't buy it. The first 2 pictures showing optical drives is enough for me not to buy it
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-25-12, 06:47 PM
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

No micro wave? I'm out then.

7000 radeon series? Cutting edge? That series is going to be a antique within the next year or two.

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-26-12, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Next console I ever get will have to be able to run HD dvds.
If rumours are to be believed then you'll not be purchasing any of the next gen consoles, depending which route they've gone down with this. There's clearly a disc drive in that picture SMG posted so the rumour is more likely to be false.

All the console makers are under pressure to crush the secondary market for obvious reasons. Right now the big contenders are Blu-Ray drive with the ability to lock out second hand games (but the ability to pay a fee to transfer that second hand game to your system) or no drive at all and online content.

A 7000 Series AMD is on par with the rumours for the PS4 as well. People need to understand that the specs in consoles are not the same as the specs in PC's. A 7000 series is a huge jump up from the 360.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

Last edited by Aramoro; 11-26-12 at 09:34 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Tags
720, console, xbox

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode