343 vs Bungie - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Archaon18's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Am I the only one who came in here expecting to see a video of a passenger plane vs a bungee cord?
If this isn't a joke then you really are not in tune with culture.

Back to the original point(ish) how do you guys think the story will progress without Cortana, apart from the skeptics like me who think in Halo 5 he'll find her more-or-less at the start of it all?

Lasguns- You can never have too little firepower
My Tactics Blog - ChaosTactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfCheese View Post
"Hey babe, want me to Power Fist your Pink Horror?"

"Is it ok if my Old One Eye penetrates your Devilfish?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 08:40 PM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

Hmm... hard to say. Frankly I'm torn on the matter. I could see her remaining dead/destroyed/deleted/whatever and having a new AI take her place. But at the same time I can see her somehow achieving metastability and returning in some form in Halo 5.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #23 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 09:07 PM

Captain Stillios's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think a cool idea would be for Chief to get a replacement AI who he does not mesh with as well as Cortana but Rampant Cortana comes back as the next games big enemy and Chief's ultimately futile struggle to save Cortana would help him bond with his new AI with the game ending with either Cortana being killed by Chief or becoming an even bigger threat say by gaining control over a bunch of Prometheans so the the entire covenant has to team up with humanity instead of just the elites. That would be an opportunity to bring the Arbiter back as well.

Cap out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
chill out?...CHILL OUT!!!!!!!, THIS IS WARHAMMER, THERE IS NO TIME FOR "CHILLING OUT", WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS?, SOME KIND OF GAME?, THIS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNoPityx View Post
The downside to a medium that allows the unlimited exchange of ideas, some people have some really stupid ideas.
post #24 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 09:31 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaon18 View Post
If this isn't a joke then you really are not in tune with culture.

Back to the original point(ish) how do you guys think the story will progress without Cortana, apart from the skeptics like me who think in Halo 5 he'll find her more-or-less at the start of it all?
Would hardly call it not in tune with culture. I happen to think Halo is the most over rated game in existence and don't want anything to do with it, therefore care nothing for who develops it. If you don't care about Halo, your unlikely to know who bungie are as they've barely done that much in mainstream gaming apart from Halo, and if you don't know about them, you definitely won't know about 343 who are almost only Halo from what I can see.

So yeah, if disliking and not caring about Halo makes me out of tune with culture then I guess I am.
post #25 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 09:52 PM

Actually the Covenant has virtually (at least as of what they revealed thus far) shattered. The Prophets were an endangered species before the Flood invasion of High Charity, their homeworld so there's no way of telling at the moment how many are left. The Brutes still hate the Elites but without the Prophets guiding them and providing them with technology they have devolved into infighting and their technology level has dropped. Presumably the Grunts are largely allied with the Elites though if there are Prophets alive some would likely still be with them. The Jackals seem to be neutral/independent now. Drones are unknown at the moment.

As for the Elites, nominally most are still with the Arbiter upholding the truce with humanity. But others still cling to the Covenant orthodoxy and those are the ones fought in Halo 4. Which isn't all that surprising as they are a species going through major social and political changes brought about by the Covenant Civil War.

So when it comes to bringing in the Elites (those with the Arbiter) we'd likely only see Grunts, Hunters, Engineers and possibly Jackals and Drones (though I doubt these last two).

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #26 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Would hardly call it not in tune with culture. I happen to think Halo is the most over rated game in existence and don't want anything to do with it, therefore care nothing for who develops it. If you don't care about Halo, your unlikely to know who bungie are as they've barely done that much in mainstream gaming apart from Halo, and if you don't know about them, you definitely won't know about 343 who are almost only Halo from what I can see.

So yeah, if disliking and not caring about Halo makes me out of tune with culture then I guess I am.
If you don't like Halo why are you commenting on a thread talking about it?

Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #27 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 10:49 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:

Bungie also made other popular game series. You realize that right? The Marathon and Myth series. Pathways into Darkness as well.

343 will make a name for themselves sooner or later. Just give them time

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #28 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 11:21 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki13 View Post
If you don't like Halo why are you commenting on a thread talking about it?
You must have missed my earlier Boeing vs a bungee rope post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJester921 View Post
Bungie also made other popular game series. You realize that right? The Marathon and Myth series. Pathways into Darkness as well.

343 will make a name for themselves sooner or later. Just give them time
Yes but Marathon and Myth are hardly mainstream gaming, shit Marathon is from the mid 90's and Myths hardly that much better being over a decade old. I'm fairly confident I could ask a vast survey of people if they knew who Bungie game developers were and would likely be greeted with a confused look. I'm willing to take that one even further and ask every single person I know who plays Halo if they know who Bungie are or 343 for that matter. I'm willing to bet the vast majority won't know.

So yeah you'll forgive me if I continue to disagree that me not really knowing who Bungie or 343 were till after a quick wikipedia check qualifies me as being out of touch with culture.
post #29 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 02:17 AM

No I caught it. I just thought you were joking around. And again if you don't like the thread topic why bother reading and commenting on it?

Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #30 of 71 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 02:40 AM

I'm glad that 343 took over, Bungie was raping the series too much when they released reach.

They made cortana a forunner AI, ok so how does she not know anything about the halos or the flood and whatnot.

As for the cortana issue. Can you ever truly say a computer program is dead. There's ways to bring her back 343 just has to get creative.

IMO there's only one direction the halo series can go. The spartans have to turn against humanity. The reclamation has begun. That means only one thing. Humans are beginning their conquest of the galaxy. Master chief has fought for humanity for over 30 years. The spartan's of the spartan VI program are not II's they do not fight with the same determination that the originals did.

So the only way this can go is 117 leading a revolt in order to save humanity. Without the spartans humanity takes huge loses. even with them they lose allot. They beat the covenant only because of the arbiter who had enough respect that other elites listen to him.

just my 2 cent's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki13 View Post
You're missing what I'm saying. Bungie has the final say on what's canon. They created Halo Reach themselves ergo Halo Reach is the new canon, replacing it as depicted in Fall of Reach.

It's like the Star Wars universe. There's different levels of what is canon with the movies sitting at the very top of it all, above the Expanded Universe as presented in various other media. For the Halo series the games occupy that top level of canon as its being made by those with control over the license directly. Other official media, like the novels occupies the level beneath it and is canon unless it contradicts material in the top level.
Are you seriously going to bring star wars into this? The last three movies were a cash grab nothing else. Lucas could have done them in a million different ways. But instead we are stuck with jar jar binks in two movies. And a emo jedi who whines every thirty seconds. Besides I can't take a company seriously that has satisfying your mom as their site description.

Last edited by Reaper45; 11-15-12 at 02:46 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode