Xbox is having problems... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-12, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Default Xbox is having problems...

So the story goes like this, my Xbox has been an arse since yesterday and has been acting up on me. The device cannot establish an internet connection, tried connecting to three separate networks and none of them is go. Also, the clock is fucked and insists on reverting to 14.00 Every. Single. Fucking. Time. I start the god damn machine. Tried changing several times, but it reverts every time. Fucker.

Any really technical and clever person here who has gotten any sort of clue about why my Xbox 360 is fucking around with me right now?

Please help me so I can get back to my Halo 4 addiction. Life is getting hard without it.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-12, 04:05 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

How old is your machine?

Does it actually work? IOW, can you play any of your games?

As far as the clock goes, as long as it isn't keeping you from playing any games, I would suggest not giving a fuck and using a watch or your cell. You game till you need to sleep, eat or drop one, the specific time is irrelevant. Game like a boss. Herp derp.
- Its early and I've had far too much coffee, forgive me.

If you can't get a wireless link, I would suggest restarting your network. If that doesn't work, try using a wired connection.

Other than that, you will probably have to send it in. If you have a gen 1 360, I would just buy a new one. If you do, get the Halo 4 360 and turn your spartan into a unicorn. Totally worth it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-12, 04:29 PM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

Hmmm.... sounds like a hardware problem. The Clock resetting is probably a result of the Console's inability to connect to the internet and update itself; 14:00 is most likely the last time it was able to do this so it reverts to the last known time.

As Gen.Ahab says: Can you play any games?
And
Have you changed any of the Console's settings lately?

As for the network connection, like i said; it sounds like a hardware problem, especially considering you have been unable to connect to 3 different networks, but try doing a hard reset of your network. Turn them both off at the same time, give it 60 seconds, reinitialize your network, wait 60 seconds then turn the Console on and wait yet another sixty seconds, see if that helps.

If not then its a Hardware problem. Send it back to Microsoft. Hope for the best.

Alice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-12, 06:17 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

I'd do some research on this issue through forums and such, I doubt you're the only victim.

The clock thing is either Alice's guess, or the mother board's battery died.

computers have a small watch battery on the main board which saves things like bios settings and system time even when there is no power. Though might need to replace that battery.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-12, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
How old is your machine?

2007 I think

Does it actually work? IOW, can you play any of your games?

Yes

As far as the clock goes, as long as it isn't keeping you from playing any games, I would suggest not giving a fuck and using a watch or your cell. You game till you need to sleep, eat or drop one, the specific time is irrelevant. Game like a boss. Herp derp.
- Its early and I've had far too much coffee, forgive me.

Game `till you die. Works until you actually die.

If you can't get a wireless link, I would suggest restarting your network. If that doesn't work, try using a wired connection.

I can now go online now when I connect my mobile hotspot via cable. Which is retarded.

Other than that, you will probably have to send it in. If you have a gen 1 360, I would just buy a new one. If you do, get the Halo 4 360 and turn your spartan into a unicorn. Totally worth it.

Yea, retarded 1st gen model. Its a bit iffy whatever I should buy a Halo 4 Xbox (which is awesome) or get myself an iPad... Or both.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode