[PLOT SPOILER] Halo 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-12, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Default [PLOT SPOILER] Halo 4

Anyone else had a chance to play this, yet?

I completed it earlier today - Enjoyed every moment of it - And am currently working my way towards level 50 - And, I'd say, I am loving every thing about it.

Best. Halo. Ever.

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-12, 03:34 AM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

I got it too. Absolutely love it! Have you seen 'Forward Unto Dawn' yet? Just as awesome too and proof positive that video games and films can be down well together.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-12, 06:12 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Best fucking Halo ever. Never had that much fun playing multiplayer in any game, and the campaign? Jesus fuck, that was awesome. Not yet gotten a chance to try out Spartan Ops, but I am sure it wont disappoint.

Edit: How the bloody hell do I turn the game into English? All the text and menus translated into Finnish is confusing as fuck.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

Last edited by Doelago; 11-07-12 at 10:01 AM.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-12, 11:02 AM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

Spartan Ops and MP are insane.
Forge is cool but I miss really the Forge World map.

Campaign is cool but it's not like the old Halo's.

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-12, 11:13 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangus Bane View Post
Campaign is cool but it's not like the old Halo's.
No, not at all like the old Halo`s. But better. A lot better.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-12, 08:44 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Just beat campaign. Sucks about cortana... that really fucking sucks. Going to be a different few games now. Still a damn fun game, and a damn good soundtrack.

Now onto multiplayer.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-12, 10:03 PM

Yeah the story was rather good. I found Cortana's fate as bittersweet and a huge blow. But what really got me was that actually saw a Forerunner and the hinting at what the Reclaimer label might actually mean.

If I had complaint about the campaign it was the Covenant. Not that they were in the game but that wasn't any explanation as to why they were there. I mean in Halo 3 we saw the Elites ally with humanity and now for no reason they're fighting again. Chief even comments early on that last time they were allies but after that no one talks about how their enemies-turned-allies are now once again enemies. Are the Covenant in the game a splinter faction of diehard zealots? Or has something happened in four years to break the truce been Elites and humans? Seriously 343 what's going on here?

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-12, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki13 View Post
Have you seen 'Forward Unto Dawn' yet?
I have, yes. I really enjoyed it - A nice tie-in into the game, in my opinion. Master Chief was just right in the series, I found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
No, not at all like the old Halo`s. But better. A lot better.
I disagree. Halo 3 was more enjoyable, campaign-wise, I found.

Quote:
Are the Covenant in the game a splinter faction of diehard zealots? Or has something happened in four years to break the truce been Elites and humans? Seriously 343 what's going on here?

As far as I am aware - Not all Elites stopped believing in the Great Journey. It's possible for sub-factions to still support the Prophet's, I guess.

Also: The Didact as a bad guy; yay, or nay?

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-12, 02:32 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Yeah the story was rather good. I found Cortana's fate as bittersweet and a huge blow. But what really got me was that actually saw a Forerunner and the hinting at what the Reclaimer label might actually mean.

If I had complaint about the campaign it was the Covenant. Not that they were in the game but that wasn't any explanation as to why they were there. I mean in Halo 3 we saw the Elites ally with humanity and now for no reason they're fighting again. Chief even comments early on that last time they were allies but after that no one talks about how their enemies-turned-allies are now once again enemies. Are the Covenant in the game a splinter faction of diehard zealots? Or has something happened in four years to break the truce been Elites and humans? Seriously 343 what's going on here?
This is one thing 343 should not have done. They incorporated elements from the newer books into the game without explaining it. Such as Halsey being arrested. That was for the Spartan II project, and how she went about it. The covenant? Yeah, probably the die hard zealotous remnants of the old covenant. The rest returned home, or elsewhere in the stars.

Anyway, I remember Cortana saying that Halsey could make another one, since Cortana was cloned from Halseys own tissue. The only one to date to be created from living tissue. Hopefully they bring her back this way, but it just wont be the same...

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-12, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark angel View Post
Also: The Didact as a bad guy; yay, or nay?
Big yay. I actually wish they had more of him and the Librarian in the game. He was a far better villain than Truth (Halo 3 Truth, Halo 2 Truth was much better) or the Gravemind. If you hadn't read the Forerunner novels (which I highly recommend) you could understand the Didact, his hubris, his arrogance, his desperation, his nobility and most importantly his refusal to his race's decline. He wasn't a one dimensional villain like Halo3!Truth was. That was my biggest problem with the Halo 3 campaign. Neither Truth nor the Gravemind felt like the Big Bad of the game. That was forgivable in Halo 2 as it was fairly clear that when it came out that the series wasn't going to end there while Halo 1 the Big Bad was the Flood and for Reach it was the Covenant and the fact that we all knew Reach was going to fall no matter what we did. But in Halo 4 we have an identifiable villain that we know without any knowledge of the Expanded Universe is a big deal from the first moment because he's a Forerunner, the guys that have been a huge freaking deal since game one. Combine that with a written character and a stellar voice actor and we have, in my eyes the best Halo villain to date.

Akatsuki13's Daemon Den

Last edited by Akatsuki13; 11-08-12 at 05:13 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode