Borderlands 2 - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-14-13, 09:21 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
Thing with Zero is his special ability, at higher levels, is only truly useful for taking 1 very powerful shot at enemies or for running away.
He lacks Krieg's strength up close, so after Decepti0n has worn off, he just gets clattered (lacking Salvador's and Axton's Health Regen/boosts... and he has much better class mods available than one that regenerates his health).
I disagree. At level 61 you almost certainly want to be going down the two melee trees. That way you get as many holograms as enemies you can kill, and you simply run around with the Law and Order combo, nuking people in the back. Granted this doesn't work as well for large bosses, but it works fine for general gameplay.

Quote:
Agreed about the turret and Death-trap being 'easy mode'. even when hurt, you just throw them out and leg it - they'll do the rest. Especially Axton - at lvl 61, with the right placement of skill points, it's possible to hit both end skills in two trees (the Nuke tree is gash) - massively OP when combined with Krieg or Gaige.
Yeh pretty much. Although the nuke tree for Axton is nigh-on useless against Invincibles - you definitely want a Survival/Guerilla combo for those. That said, your turrets die incredibly quickly in UVHM, so you have to play a lot more cleverly later on.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of either Krieg or Gaige. Krieg I find to dismiss far too many weapon types and rely too much on self damage to be a viable solo character. Particularly when using the Light the Fuse ability. Gaige is boring as hell to play, and being shock-orientated means that she gains fairly little bonuses against many dangerous opponents who lack shields.

I think Maya is my favourite class, due to the fact you can play a team healer, or solo elemental face-melter. Axton is pretty fun, though I do occasionally like going balls-deep with the Gunzerker. Zero is interesting as I've never played a high-level melee assassin before. I don't have characters in any other class except siren above level 20 though, so that's maybe something to do with it.

Quote:
Thinking that for Borderlands 3 we may see Female Assassin and berzerker classes and a male Siren - something like Mr. Sinister from X-men (all dark and broody, like). Perhaps hunting down the 'Mage' or 'Rogue' (seeing as Borderlands draws heavily from RPGs, boardgames and the general 'nerd/geek' culture of the internet).
I feel BL3 might do a Dark Knight Rises - be absolutely awesome in its own right, but the bad guy just won't quite be the same.

On another note, just cleared the storyline for TVHM. Gonna mop up the sidequests nice and quick, then either move on to UVHM or have a break from the standard with a DLC.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-14-13, 10:03 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

I have found that looking through builds people have posted is the best way to see what works for you and your type of playing. Sometimes I like to hang back and relax other times I have such an itchy trigger finger that I get into trouble.

One of the better places I have found for builds is HERE:

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #43 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-14-13, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Due to game fatigue I haven't been playing since a bit before the level cap got raised so my Axton and Zer0 are still at level 50 (got a Maya at 26 I think and a Gaige at 17), starting to refresh myself with it working on getting Axton through TVHM (already done with Zer0). At higher levels and especially on Hammerlocks Big Game Hunt I find Zer0 very hard to make work, maybe it's just my play style but I can just can't seem to get high enough DPS out, playing with in CO-OP it works as you can get some synergy going but solo I struggle. I actually haven't managed to complete SHBGH with Zer0, it's just too frustrating. Axton and his turret however... booom there is some damage right there.

Got a couple of etech weapons: Bandit Corrosive Machine Gun, Plasma Splatgun (can't remember make, does slag anyway), Slag Sniper Rifle (again can't remember make), all those are level 50 I think. Also found a level 43 Tediore Plasma Caster (slag) today, I'm thinking I need to start a Salvador up for that, get him to level 43, equip that and some sort of elemental weapon and go to town!

Favourite character atm is either Axton for sheer DPS with a nuke turret and missile pods or Maya, even though she's not very high atm she's a lot of fun to play.

Looking forward to playing TTAODK when work has calmed down.
post #44 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 12:08 AM

To bad fair though, and 'end game bad guy' was always going to be hard after Handsome Jack - Literally one of the best villains of any recent game.

Last edited by Orochi; 07-15-13 at 12:11 AM.
post #45 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 02:35 AM
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Due to game fatigue I haven't been playing since a bit before the level cap got raised so my Axton and Zer0 are still at level 50 (got a Maya at 26 I think and a Gaige at 17), starting to refresh myself with it working on getting Axton through TVHM (already done with Zer0). At higher levels and especially on Hammerlocks Big Game Hunt I find Zer0 very hard to make work, maybe it's just my play style but I can just can't seem to get high enough DPS out, playing with in CO-OP it works as you can get some synergy going but solo I struggle. I actually haven't managed to complete SHBGH with Zer0, it's just too frustrating. Axton and his turret however... booom there is some damage right there.

Got a couple of etech weapons: Bandit Corrosive Machine Gun, Plasma Splatgun (can't remember make, does slag anyway), Slag Sniper Rifle (again can't remember make), all those are level 50 I think. Also found a level 43 Tediore Plasma Caster (slag) today, I'm thinking I need to start a Salvador up for that, get him to level 43, equip that and some sort of elemental weapon and go to town!

Favourite character atm is either Axton for sheer DPS with a nuke turret and missile pods or Maya, even though she's not very high atm she's a lot of fun to play.

Looking forward to playing TTAODK when work has calmed down.
I don't think you will be disappointed in the TT DLC.

One of the best weapons for Zero (or any character but with Zero's sniping character) is the Trespasser it ignores shields (except for Master Gee's) which gives you a whole lot of breathing room. Though it is probably better the second play through. You get it from Mordecai.

Quote:
To bad fair though, and 'end game bad guy' was always going to be hard after Handsome Jack - Literally one of the best villains of any recent game.
Yeah Jack was the best. I totally agree it will take quite a lot to top him. I hope they do not do something like bring him back from the dead. Though I am sure if any game company could pull it off beautifully it would be 2k but still that would be a little lame.

EDIT: And another Zombie DLC would be awesome. Had a lot of fun doing that. General Knox was great too especially the Armory glitch that they left in because they are an awesome game company.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

Last edited by WaLkAwaY; 07-15-13 at 02:42 AM.
post #46 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaLkAwaY View Post
I don't think you will be disappointed in the TT DLC.

One of the best weapons for Zero (or any character but with Zero's sniping character) is the Trespasser it ignores shields (except for Master Gee's) which gives you a whole lot of breathing room. Though it is probably better the second play through. You get it from Mordecai.

EDIT: And another Zombie DLC would be awesome. Had a lot of fun doing that. General Knox was great too especially the Armory glitch that they left in because they are an awesome game company.
I'm really looking forward to the TT DLC hence why I am waiting untill I can sit down and play it start to finish uninterrupted. Thanks for the tip about the Trespasser. I actually have that quest available on my Lvl 50 Axton atm so I'll go and do that now.

I loved that Knox DLC it was fracking amazing.
post #47 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 10:23 AM
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
I'm really looking forward to the TT DLC hence why I am waiting untill I can sit down and play it start to finish uninterrupted. Thanks for the tip about the Trespasser. I actually have that quest available on my Lvl 50 Axton atm so I'll go and do that now.

I loved that Knox DLC it was fracking amazing.
NP always willing to lend a helping hand to a fellow

Last edited by WaLkAwaY; 07-15-13 at 10:27 AM.
post #48 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 01:34 PM

Righto guys, The Krieg - Psycho DL pack is now working on Xbox Live Arcade. Most of the DLC was on half price, but the coding in Krieg's pricing seemed to have bugged. It's fixed now.

The Trespasser is a good Sniper rifle, no lies there. Far better than the other Sniper rifle he gives you as a reward - the Sloth. Made the mistake of choosing that over Moxxi's Rubi on my first character. FML.

I've got a couple of legendary weapons floating around that I switch between my characters. Including a level 8 Infinity and level 12 Deliverance: which make the earlier part of the game much easier. Would love a Conference Call (Shotgun) or a Lyuda or Volcano (The Sniper rifles), but have no patience to farm for them.
post #49 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 02:25 PM
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Righto guys, The Krieg - Psycho DL pack is now working on Xbox Live Arcade. Most of the DLC was on half price, but the coding in Krieg's pricing seemed to have bugged. It's fixed now.

The Trespasser is a good Sniper rifle, no lies there. Far better than the other Sniper rifle he gives you as a reward - the Sloth. Made the mistake of choosing that over Moxxi's Rubi on my first character. FML.

I've got a couple of legendary weapons floating around that I switch between my characters. Including a level 8 Infinity and level 12 Deliverance: which make the earlier part of the game much easier. Would love a Conference Call (Shotgun) or a Lyuda or Volcano (The Sniper rifles), but have no patience to farm for them.
I have a deliverance and love it. I also just used my 50 Mechro to get a lvl 8 Flame of the Fire Hawk for another character so they have it to start out. It was a side quest I never did in my original play through for that character.

Also check out THIS GUIDE to prestige to get further badass ranks even faster once you have completed the majority of your challenges.

post #50 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-15-13, 08:55 PM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

I just got BL2 on my PC officially over steam, anyone wanting to play with this psycho? send me a pm.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode