Borderlands 2 - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-11-13, 11:31 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
The Bee is damn awesome, especially before they patched its combo with the Conference Call. You could nuke Invincibles with that no sweat. IIRC it drops off Hunter Hellquist in the Arid Nexus - Boneyard.

Yeh, I'm still on my first character (as I got the game fairly recently), and don't own any of the DLCs - though I am considering getting a season pass. So atm I'm about level 47, and have nearly completed TVHM, though I skipped almost all of the sidequests for reasons mentioned before. Play Cataclysm Siren (working in a bit of Motion as well). I have started a Commando too, but that's only like level 18 or so.
Yeah the CC and Bee were a deadly match.

Yup HH in Arid Nexus so I was really surprised to pick it up off a tree in Tiny Tina's DLC.

Season pass is a great idea though you will have to purchase the Psycho and mechromancer packs for extra.

Last count I think I have about 7 characters in various staged of the game and have finished the first play through with 3 of them.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-12-13, 12:09 PM
Grr! That is all.

Oh yeah, baby! Three words SWORDSPLOSION!!!

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #33 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-12-13, 10:45 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeh with regards to random drops, I was watching a YouTube clip of the Tiny Tina DLC, and the guy playing found a legendary assault rifle in a clay jar. o.O

But I wasn't gonna get the character DLC's yet at any rate - I wouldn't have the time to play them for any length of time, so I'm just looking for extra storyline and content really at the moment.

And yeh, Torgue weapons are awesome - I recently just picked up an explosive relic, so that's gonna be damn useful if I grab any explosive legendaries.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #34 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-12-13, 11:17 PM
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
Yeh with regards to random drops, I was watching a YouTube clip of the Tiny Tina DLC, and the guy playing found a legendary assault rifle in a clay jar. o.O

But I wasn't gonna get the character DLC's yet at any rate - I wouldn't have the time to play them for any length of time, so I'm just looking for extra storyline and content really at the moment.

And yeh, Torgue weapons are awesome - I recently just picked up an explosive relic, so that's gonna be damn useful if I grab any explosive legendaries.
Best thing about BL series is you can go at your own pace.

I am currently hunting for a good explosive relic.

And I thought I would post this up for anyone that is either interested in the game or new to it that might have questions about the challenges.

There are challenges in the game that allow you to earn badass rank. Badass ranks allow you to add cumulative percentages to your base stats. You earn badass ranks by completing challenges. Most of the challenges have tiers which I will show you in a sec. They never wear off or reset, they are persistent but not consistent. Meaning that if you take one character say a Commando and spend Badass tokens on giving him +11.5% health every character you have or create will have that +11.5% health bonus. Though you will have to complete the challenges with other characters that you have already completed with that commando character.

Commando +11.5% health bonus. Notice the completed challenges. The first challenge "Boroking Around" is complete in all tier levels. You also earn different amounts for different tiers.

And the tiers for one of them.

Now notice my new Gaige character while she has the +11.5% health bonus she has yet to complete the challenges for example the "Boroking Around" challenge is incomplete on all tiers. When you complete her challenges (thus earning more Badass ranks) you could add them to her health to raise her stats which would also raise your other characters stats in health as well.

And the tiers for the new character are empty.

Here is a link to the challenges in the main game and the DLC for both BL1 and BL2 minus the new Tiny Tina DLC (but I am sure this will be up within a few weeks.) I think I counted over 160 challenges.

Also there are Achievements as well.

I also found out today that when you create a new character it will give you the option to skip missions you have previously completed in another play through. It did this for me in the beginning but I only went as far as creating the character and have not moved into a new area in order to find out if it does this for each individual area of the game.

post #35 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-13-13, 02:25 AM

Just to let you all know, apparently there is a an issue with trying to download Krieg - the Psycho, at the moment.

The Error code seems to suggest there is an issue with the installment coding on Gearbox's side of things, not Xbox Live.

--

I'm a massive fan of Gaige, the Mechromancer. With Axton as a solid second favourite.

Zero was the first character I played BL2 with, and I just found that it's either sniping or nothing, which I got bored of after a while. Big fan of sniping, but the Special move and the reliance on keeping 4 miles in between you and the enemy just wasn't too much fun after one playthrough.

Last edited by Orochi; 07-13-13 at 02:29 AM.
post #36 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-13-13, 03:17 AM
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
Just to let you all know, apparently there is a an issue with trying to download Krieg - the Psycho, at the moment.

The Error code seems to suggest there is an issue with the installment coding on Gearbox's side of things, not Xbox Live.
Even though I am on PC and already have had Kreig DLC since it came out, thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
I'm a massive fan of Gaige, the Mechromancer. With Axton as a solid second favourite.

Zero was the first character I played BL2 with, and I just found that it's either sniping or nothing, which I got bored of after a while. Big fan of sniping, but the Special move and the reliance on keeping 4 miles in between you and the enemy just wasn't too much fun after one playthrough.
Gaige was my favorite also until Krieg. But the same with Axton second and now third. I have to admit though I liked Gaige and Axton because it was easy mode with the turret and the DeathTrap. And like you I played Zero but only for a little bit and realized that the character and I were just not a good fit.

I might grind through a Zero playthrough but if I do it will be because I would want to do an achievement type thing where I have a level 61 for each character. Only issue is I would really not want to play the Gunzerker the character just does not appeal to me at all.

post #37 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-13-13, 01:34 PM

Thing with Zero is his special ability, at higher levels, is only truly useful for taking 1 very powerful shot at enemies or for running away.
He lacks Krieg's strength up close, so after Decepti0n has worn off, he just gets clattered (lacking Salvador's and Axton's Health Regen/boosts... and he has much better class mods available than one that regenerates his health).

Agreed about the turret and Death-trap being 'easy mode'. even when hurt, you just throw them out and leg it - they'll do the rest. Especially Axton - at lvl 61, with the right placement of skill points, it's possible to hit both end skills in two trees (the Nuke tree is gash) - massively OP when combined with Krieg or Gaige.

Thinking that for Borderlands 3 we may see Female Assassin and berzerker classes and a male Siren - something like Mr. Sinister from X-men (all dark and broody, like). Perhaps hunting down the 'Mage' or 'Rogue' (seeing as Borderlands draws heavily from RPGs, boardgames and the general 'nerd/geek' culture of the internet).
post #38 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-13-13, 02:15 PM
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Thing with Zero is his special ability, at higher levels, is only truly useful for taking 1 very powerful shot at enemies or for running away.
He lacks Krieg's strength up close, so after Decepti0n has worn off, he just gets clattered (lacking Salvador's and Axton's Health Regen/boosts... and he has much better class mods available than one that regenerates his health).

Agreed about the turret and Death-trap being 'easy mode'. even when hurt, you just throw them out and leg it - they'll do the rest. Especially Axton - at lvl 61, with the right placement of skill points, it's possible to hit both end skills in two trees (the Nuke tree is gash) - massively OP when combined with Krieg or Gaige.

Thinking that for Borderlands 3 we may see Female Assassin and berzerker classes and a male Siren - something like Mr. Sinister from X-men (all dark and broody, like). Perhaps hunting down the 'Mage' or 'Rogue' (seeing as Borderlands draws heavily from RPGs, boardgames and the general 'nerd/geek' culture of the internet).
That would be very, very awesome if they made a BL3. If they do I hope they will put as much time into it as they did the first two. If they released the SDK to allow people to make their own content and/or made it somehow that you could combine both BL1 and BL2 games playing crossover characters from both that would be awesome as well.

post #39 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-13-13, 04:12 PM

Borderlands 2 was just so good; they'd be mad to not make a 3rd.

However, like the release of BL2, I wouldn't imagine we'll see it for at least a couple of years.
post #40 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-13-13, 07:33 PM
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Borderlands 2 was just so good; they'd be mad to not make a 3rd.

However, like the release of BL2, I wouldn't imagine we'll see it for at least a couple of years.
I hope that is the case. I would even want them to wait 3 - 5 like they did between these two just so they can create a more awesome game. Companies that release year after year like COD are tiring now. The games are stale and pretty much it has been the same game for 6 years now. That is one of the reasons I am not looking forward to the new Batman as it feels rushed in a way.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode