Any Good Recent PS3 Games? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-12, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Default Any Good Recent PS3 Games?

Hey everyone.

Is it just me, or has this been a crap year for PS3 games? I haven't bought a single one in months, so I was just wonder are there any good new releases worth getting.

I play BF3, COD MW3,, SS4AE, pretty regularly, and own things like Dead Space 1 & 2, Silent Hill Homecoming, Gran Tourismo 5, Madden 12, Dues EX and some other too.

But like I said, I haven't played anything new in ages.

I was think of getting Mass effect 2 & 3 as I played the first one back when I had an Xbox360 a few years ago, and have never played any of the Uncharted series.

Any ideas of some good games?

(I also own Skyrim on PC, so I don't need it on PS3, plus its unlikely I would be able to get Dawnguard for it anyway .... zing!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-12, 10:57 PM
IRONBORN

Tyrannus's Flag is: England

The Batman: Arkham series? or the inFamous series or the Killzone games? or what about all those new HD collection games they are releasing? The PSN store have some nice indie games like Journey.

I also have difficulty getting games for my PS3 for some reason. I either get things for my xbox360 or laptop. The only games I have played a significant amount of time for my PS3 are Demon Souls and Batman: Arkham City, anything else is about an hour or 3 and I never pick up again.

I've started playing the first inFamous recently but it feels dated to me.

From iron, cometh strength. From strength, cometh will. From will, cometh faith. From faith, cometh honour. From honour, cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany, and may it forever be so.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-12, 11:21 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Dawnguard. oh no, wait a sec.

Theres Mass Effeft 3 DLC with ending changing shit apparently soon, Transformers is out today/tomorrow, I recommend the Dragon Age games as well simply because theres about 400 hours of gameplay to platinum all of them and the dlc (and not skyrims 300 hours in reality 120 hours).

Medal of Honor 2010 is a good fuck around and easy trophies, as well as setting the story for the all Frostbite2'd up Warfighter. A few easy multiplayer trophies, but otherwise stay off multiplayer. Its broken to fuck and played by people who simply just get off on 40:1 matches.

Dragon Rising can be a bit annoying thanks to shitty checkpointing and difficulty, but its essentially a mini arma. Stay away from multiplayer in both though, despite the trophies. Cant talk for red river, though.

I find myself playing old classics though more and more, wipeout3, spyro 1, crash bandicoot.

BF3 is getting armoured kill.

Dishonoured 2 is looking awesome.

Uncharted - I cannot really comment too much, but ive heard good things as being something a little different.

Assassins Creed Revelations SP run through/platinum in time for AC3? Ive still to even play this yet, left the disc at nicolas parents then broke up with her, would be a reasonably awkward pitstop to say the least.

Syndicate looked like fun, although Ive yet to pick it up.

Armored Core 5 was fun for a while played it at kandahar of all places.

Prototype has a big following.

Sniper Elite v2?

Lollypop Chainsaw for shiggles. Sexy schoolgirl in thighighs killing zombies with a chainsaw. Ashleigh is back!

My favourite game to date though; spec ops the line.

Could try sleepin dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-12, 12:36 AM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
or what about all those new HD collection games they are releasing?
I agree with this, but STAY AWAY from the Silent Hill HD collection! It is a disgrace to the franchise.

The Resistance series is one of my favorites, and definately worth getting. Not to mention it's a PS3 exclusive.

Dead Rising 2 is always a lot of fun.

Space Marine is a ton of fun, especially the online play (I can help you level up quicker, just PM me hehe)

RAGE is a fun game, yet also dissapointing in many ways. Still one of the best FPS games I've ever played.

And, as previously suggested, the Arkham series. Definately some good buys right there, even if you don't like Batman.

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-12, 06:38 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

lego batman 2 best game ever

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-12, 07:02 AM

stalarious's Flag is: Germany

Darksiders 2, Arkham seris, Mass effect 3 are a few generally good games but there are others if you like certain types of games.

So I am growing my enemy.....so what I gotta kill something.

CENTER][/CENTER]
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-12, 08:20 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Borderlands 2 comes out in a month pretty much to the day and I can't wait. If you haven't played the original I would highly recommend it. Likewise Killzone 3: awesome game, good multiplayer.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-12, 12:15 PM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

Not recent but Bayonetta was fun, a more stylish and Female version of Devil May Cry.
Mass Effect 3, Darksiders 2 erm.... Nope thats all i got

Mostly only because i have them for PC

Alice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-12, 12:58 PM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

These are one of the best:

- Batman: Arkham asylum & Arkham City
- Darksiders, soon comes Darksiders 2
- God of War series
- Assassins Creed series
- Metal gear solid HD collection
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-12, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Well That Was Unexpected

Hey everyone.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I think I'm going to trade in a couple of the ones I own and get:

Mass Effect 2 & 3
Batman Arkham City
Max Payne 3

Thanks, again for the help.

But am I right in thinking there has been nothing released in the past year which has been particularly stellar for PS3?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode