Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-12, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Archaon18's Flag is: England

Default Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2

I was just wondering how much the first game affects the second. I really like the sort of thing that was in Mass Effect, in which you gain boosts for importing saves, because it meant you played a good game and got buffs in another great game. I sort of don't want to put 15 into the 1st game, and the 10-20 gaming hours in (I have a limited timeframe).
The deciding factor will be how much it affects DA2, as well as ease of combat on xBox 360.

Lasguns- You can never have too little firepower
My Tactics Blog - ChaosTactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfCheese View Post
"Hey babe, want me to Power Fist your Pink Horror?"

"Is it ok if my Old One Eye penetrates your Devilfish?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-12, 10:30 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

It modifies the story in a minor way. It has little bearing on the overall flavour; whether it has a bigger role to play in the 3rd installment (or indeed if your da2 actions will) remains to be seen. Happily though, they are both excellent games.

The trivial complaints are just that. Trivial. The games are different. Some prefer one, others prefer both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-12, 10:40 PM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

im sure DA3 will have a much Larger impact upon the world with previous saves then DA2 did, since DA2 was based basically in another continent, so most of the changes in DA2 were which quests you got from people from the other side, etc.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-12, 04:05 AM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

There's minimal impact, far less than the Mass Effect series; there's no need to play the first if you don't want to. (Though i would recommend it as a fun game in of-itself).

If you enjoy Bioware rpgs may i suggest the truly excellent Baldur's Gate series (Baldur's Gate 2 is the one you'll want). They, alongside Planescape Torment (a Black Isle game, just like the fun Icewind Dales) are in my opinion (and many others) the best crpg's games ever made. Neverwinter Nights is also highly regarded and from Bioware.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-12, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Archaon18's Flag is: England

Now the continuity has been resolved, how is it like on XBox? My PC is rather old so I'm just wondering how frustrating it is to select abilities and play in general?

Lasguns- You can never have too little firepower
My Tactics Blog - ChaosTactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfCheese View Post
"Hey babe, want me to Power Fist your Pink Horror?"

"Is it ok if my Old One Eye penetrates your Devilfish?"
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-12, 11:56 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

DA2 is a lot more intuitive - indeed it's quite strange coming from DAO to DA2 due to the optimisation. With a bit of playtime, the controls (on the PS3, at least) are fairly easy to adapt to in both games.

To be honest, they're both fun - I have about 240 hours playtime between the two and the expansions - due to having more expansions, DAO has about 40 hours more playtime, and my completionist attitude.

As to the games - I prefer playing them on the console due to Trophy's (Yes, I'm one of them), but the mods of DAO make it worth playing on the PC (if you can, though of course). DA2 lacks the modding capability (which annoyed the PC players), but as I first of all got DAO on console, I followed up.

Although there's not much follow on or requisite to play the previous game, I still recommend it - the storyline in DA2 is not rendered null without the second, but it adds a lot to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode