Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Steam pre-purchase available! - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-12, 04:59 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Which do you think is the better films, the G1 Movie which was an utter massacre or the very hard to distinguish what the robots looked like let alone figuring out what was happening that is Bayformers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-12, 05:15 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

The G1 movie, better in every way.

Will never forget the scene when the Decepticons storm the shuttle and kill Ratchet, Brawn, Ironhide and Prowl. That was the moment that changed everything in Transformers. Especially when Megatron executes Ironhide.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-12, 07:22 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Can't believe i've missed the first game, it looks amazing. Will have to pick these up soon.

Dawnguard, GW2 and now this to play as well.....too many games!

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-12, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

I'll break ranks with fellow G1 fanboys and say that the animated movie was NOT a good movie...it was a brutal emotional slog wrapped in a toy advert. Favorite characters were killed off in droves (including Prime, Megatron and Starscream) to make room for shiny new toys. The plot was lifted wholesale from Star Wars, and by and large the new characters were uninspiring and annoying.

But at least I could tell who was who and what direction they were facing, so it wins over bayformers by default.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-12, 08:59 AM

If they made bayformers a little less flash in the graphics departement, spent more time on the actual robots then it would of been a lot better.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-12, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
I'll break ranks with fellow G1 fanboys and say that the animated movie was NOT a good movie...it was a brutal emotional slog wrapped in a toy advert. Favorite characters were killed off in droves (including Prime, Megatron and Starscream) to make room for shiny new toys. The plot was lifted wholesale from Star Wars, and by and large the new characters were uninspiring and annoying.

But at least I could tell who was who and what direction they were facing, so it wins over bayformers by default.
The bit I found funny is how long does prime remain dead for? I always imagined some exec somewhere going "you've done WHAT?! You've KILLED PRIME?! He's our biggest seller - GET HIM BACK NOW! No I don't care he's dead,in one scene you have magnus put back together after he's killed, by motorbikes with cif and chamois leathers!" Massive facepalm...

Then they bring him back and kill him again (the return of optimus prime)

Exec goes "WHAT!?"

Then they bring him back AGAIN.

All in 1 season....

I prefer the cartoon to the new films, but the new films weren't transformers - they could've substituted for any toy line and had the same film. Even Gobots. Hell, even rock lords.

Last edited by Gret79; 08-07-12 at 10:11 AM.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-12, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret79 View Post
The bit I found funny is how long does prime remain dead for? I always imagined some exec somewhere going "you've done WHAT?! You've KILLED PRIME?! He's our biggest seller - GET HIM BACK NOW! No I don't care he's dead,in one scene you have magnus put back together after he's killed, by motorbikes with cif and chamois leathers!" Massive facepalm...
He stayed legitimately dead for quite a while, only genuinely returning a few episodes before the end of the series in America.

The 'Return of Optimus Prime" episode was a brutal kick in the guts to children and fans alike, bringing prime back essentially as a zombie trojan horse only to kill him off again in the same episode. It was that piece of shit that prompted enough angry letters for them to actually bring him back for real, even if it was only just at the end.

Meanwhile Wheelie is allowed to live for no good reason.

Quote:
I prefer the cartoon to the new films, but the new films weren't transformers - they could've substituted for any toy line and had the same film. Even Gobots. Hell, even rock lords.
I would LOVE to see a michael bay Rock Lords movie, it would actually make them interesting.

That said, the G1 cartoon has a place in my heart but was largely sloppy, poorly written and chock full of animation errors. I love it, but it wasn't the best of the transformers. Even the toys were not so great...innovative and awesome because there was nothing else like them at the time but poorly articulated, sometimes downright shoddy and generally too expensive.

The 'Unicron Trilogy' was pretty decent, though I didn't really get into it.

Surprisingly, Transformers Animated, which tried to sort of bridge the current bayformers into the spirit and style of G1 was one of my favorite series. The animation was a bit odd, but well done, the story was generally good, the toys were great and the characters were likeable.

The current series, Transformers Prime is REALLY good. Yes, it has bayformers influences (Muscle car non-speaking bumblebee still bugs me a little...but he's more useful and less annoying than his G1 counterpart, so I'll live with it) but the plots are grown up and serious, the action is awesome and the characters are both well written and perfectly voiced...and hey Peter Cullen and Frank Welker are back! (And Steven Vlum makes n awesome starscream)

"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord

post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-12, 06:58 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Transformers Prime is fantastic, it and G1 are my favourite of the Transformers series.

Found this on Youtube, confirming another group of Transformers are being added into Fall of Cybertron.

The Insecticons, and the original three at that. Shrapnel, Bombshell and Kickback will all be a part of the game. Thus far they have only been seen as enemies in the Dinobots segments, and their ability to clone themselves will play a big part in those segments.

LotN

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-12, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Executive Nitpicker

It's worth noted that the Cybertron games and the Prime cartoon (and the Exodus novels) are meant to be part of the same 'continuity family' (meaning they're meant to all be connected, but may have dome differences and contradictions) and draw a lot of inspiration from the original G1 series as well as both classic and recent comics.

And though some visual elements are copied over (like the altmodes of prime and bumblebee, etc) neither these games nor the Prime cartoon are part of the Bayformers continuity. The nonsensical events of the three live action movies did not happen here

post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-07-12, 07:33 PM

I dunno, I don't tend to watch the Cartoons nowdays, mainly because I don't know when they are on or where etc and I'm usually in bed still >.<

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode