Spacehulk - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Default Spacehulk

This needs to be modernised and released cross platform, perhaps by cyanide, the people behind bloodbowl because that seems to work pretty well
  • SP/co-op marine campaign with map/mission editor.
  • Play could be turn based or realtime.
  • MP could be from both marine and stealer perspective, possibly with co-op for the marines.
  • User generated missions/maps/campaigns can be uploaded/downloaded on a central source to give near infinite replay value
  • Small range of different units available as per the original game (hybrids/patriarch/librarians/deathwing etc) with possible DLC in the form of other races.
  • Different weapon load outs available to be determined by mission design, as per the original game
  • Perhaps real time FPS with AI team mates and turn based 'commander' mode that lets you watch an overview to issue commands etc with a drop in FPS mode to get you into the thick of it.

If a league ranking system like bloodbowl could be implemented with a persistent team, skill set and team value it would be cool, I'm not sure how it would be handled with the huge numbers of deaths though - spacehulk was always a bit fatal to those who got injured

Cross platform gaming would also be a massive bonus, whilst there will always be a core of PC gamers, allowing all to play together would give a much broader experience.

I remember playing the old spacehulk game on the 3DO and it being possibly the scariest thing ever, a nice dark oppressive atmosphere with your radar bleeping away before genestealers jump at you could be amazing

Probably unlikely to happen and if it did would probably be disappointing but you can hope!

Any thoughts/comments?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 01:42 PM

I'd love to play any form of space hulk...

I've got the old PC one, but it needs to load from dos and I've no idea how to do that...

So a new one would be good
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 02:24 PM

Zetronus's Flag is: Great Britain

I love Space Hulk

I have it on nearly every system I own.... even My PSP =) "via ps1 emulation"

I also enjoyed the Amiga version by EA at the time, a real atmosphere that game had for the limitations of the machines at the time.

Mentioning it briefly I thoroughly enjoyed (and ever still to this day) Space Crusade on the Amiga, and while I mentioning it the Spectrum 128k version is astounding for just a 3.5Mhz Z80 CPU pumping it out!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 03:17 PM

There is a clone of it on the Android Google Play store - Templar Assault. Free version and paid verion.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 06:09 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Heh, that would be cool.

I still have the original space hulk, final liberation, and the old blood bowl. But they were all kinda weak as games went.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode