What games can my PC run? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ultra111's Avatar
Ultra111's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spixworth, Norwich
Posts: 3,545
Reputation: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run3 View Post
only laptop I'd even consider getting as a gamer: http://www.razerzone.com/blade
How fucking expensive is that man! lol
Ultra111 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 12:35 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra111 View Post
How fucking expensive is that man! lol
around 2800$.... so not cheap...
Run3 is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ultra111's Avatar
Ultra111's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spixworth, Norwich
Posts: 3,545
Reputation: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run3 View Post
around 2800$.... so not cheap...
Wooo...that's just a little bit out of my price range

Hmm...according to that system analyser thing, my PC falls below the minimum to run DoW soulstorm, but it runs that game pretty well...
Ultra111 is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 12:44 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra111 View Post
Wooo...that's just a little bit out of my price range

Hmm...according to that system analyser thing, my PC falls below the minimum to run DoW soulstorm, but it runs that game pretty well...
you need to check the discription to see if it falls close... some games play pretty well around or just under minimum requirements... and lets face it... you could play soulstorm on a souped up calculator ;)
Run3 is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 12:49 PM
I am Alpharius.
 
Doelago's Avatar
Doelago's Flag is: Finland
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,321
Reputation: 9


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run3 View Post
only laptop I'd even consider getting as a gamer: http://www.razerzone.com/blade
Christfuck. Almost as sexy as my MacBook Pro, but that price is fucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra111 View Post
Wooo...that's just a little bit out of my price range

Hmm...according to that system analyser thing, my PC falls below the minimum to run DoW soulstorm, but it runs that game pretty well...
My Windows laptop was not supposed to be able to run Space Marine, but I ran it at high and gathered over 140 hours of play time, before the laptop noticed that its not supposed to be able to run it and started acting like an arse.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Doelago is online now  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ultra111's Avatar
Ultra111's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spixworth, Norwich
Posts: 3,545
Reputation: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run3 View Post
you need to check the discription to see if it falls close... some games play pretty well around or just under minimum requirements... and lets face it... you could play soulstorm on a souped up calculator ;)
Ok, well for Fallout 3:
Minimum CPU is 2.4 GHz intel pentium 4 and I have 1.80 Ghz Celeron Dual-Core
Minimum CPU speed is 2.4 GHz and I have 1.8 GHz
Minimum video card is direct x 9.0c and I have mobile intel 4, but then it says my video card has the minimum attributes needed...

So based on that could I get away with running the game if all the game options were set to low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post

My Windows laptop was not supposed to be able to run Space Marine, but I ran it at high and gathered over 140 hours of play time, before the laptop noticed that its not supposed to be able to run it and started acting like an arse.
I haven't played Space Marine in ages, still need to do some of the weapon challenges lol.
Ultra111 is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 03:52 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra111 View Post
Ok, well for Fallout 3:
Minimum CPU is 2.4 GHz intel pentium 4 and I have 1.80 Ghz Celeron Dual-Core
Minimum CPU speed is 2.4 GHz and I have 1.8 GHz
Minimum video card is direct x 9.0c and I have mobile intel 4, but then it says my video card has the minimum attributes needed...

So based on that could I get away with running the game if all the game options were set to low?



I haven't played Space Marine in ages, still need to do some of the weapon challenges lol.
Then you should have no problems playing fallout on low settings... its most likely the gpu it doesnt like!
Run3 is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 04:00 PM
Senior Member
 
fynn's Avatar
fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Posts: 2,049
Reputation: 1


Default

only problem ive found with system requirment labs latey, is getting the info about your system wrong, when i used that to check out BF3, SRL thought my 1gb graphics card was a 2.1 gb card, and also thought it was an old FX5200 card............lol, my card is actuly a 5750 1gb card.
I find this site a lot better
http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10291/

fynn is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 08:19 PM
Spanner in the works...
 
spanner94ezekiel's Avatar
spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Breaking the Fourth Wall
Posts: 5,351
Reputation: 28


Default

You have the same laptop as me, Ultra. Be warned, mine's being a bastard and needs complete OS re-installation, after I was runnning an online MMO3PS plus some other apps. Admittedly after some torrenting, but who doesn't.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

spanner94ezekiel is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ultra111's Avatar
Ultra111's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spixworth, Norwich
Posts: 3,545
Reputation: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run3 View Post
Then you should have no problems playing fallout on low settings... its most likely the gpu it doesnt like!
Ok mate, I may give it a go then

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynn View Post
only problem ive found with system requirment labs latey, is getting the info about your system wrong, when i used that to check out BF3, SRL thought my 1gb graphics card was a 2.1 gb card, and also thought it was an old FX5200 card............lol, my card is actuly a 5750 1gb card.
I find this site a lot better
http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10291/
Ok, cheers for the link bud, I'll give it a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
You have the same laptop as me, Ultra. Be warned, mine's being a bastard and needs complete OS re-installation, after I was runnning an online MMO3PS plus some other apps. Admittedly after some torrenting, but who doesn't.
I've had mine for like 2 years now haven't had any problems with it, which surprises me lol.
Ultra111 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome