ps3 skyrim - help finding good weapons. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 11:00 AM

Clear and loot dungeons. If you're a high enough level, giants tend to carry 200 ish gold each as well and if you know the locations you can kill between 10-20 in little time.

Or you can enchant the iron daggers you create with the Banish enchantment, on the off chance you have it. You need to disenchant an item with the Banish enchantment to learn it first. I think the item I disenchanted was found during the College of Winterhold questline (in the dungeons beneath the college). By enchanting iron daggers that you smith with the Banish enchantment, it increases their value to between 1000-2000 gold (depending on your enchanting level and the soul gems you use).

Regards,
Jake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 01:12 PM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

Enemies level in relation to you, so you will never run into something you can't reasonably kill. Even Giants and Dragons can be taken out with the correct startegy.

As for materials: Straps can be gotten, if you have little Gold, by Hunting Deer/Bear/Saber Cats e.t.c. and Ores by wandering around the countryside looking for Veins. They are common enough. Failing that you can find your nearest Mine and take what you need from there. Cave Dungeons usually also have Ore Veins in them.

Gold is harder to get but not by much. Giants, as RC said, carry it. The Chests in their camps usually have some in too as well as various enchanted weapons or some such. If your Sneak Skill is high enough you can Loot the chest without the Giant knowing and even pickpocket him for his Gold to get it all without a fight.

You also have the option of acting like a common thief and sneaking around towns and villages at night to plunder whatever the inhabitants have in their houses. Night being the best time, usually between 2am and 5am as most will be asleep and the guards at a minimum.

Alice

Draugr dungeons usually hold a fair sum of Gold too and usually a few Gems, in all those Urns and such.

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger

Last edited by SGMAlice; 07-14-12 at 01:25 PM.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 04:21 PM

Dark brotherhood quests give great amounts of gold. As do thieves guild quests.

I also find that he forsworn carry loads of gems. So they are an option.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

ive started to make dwarven bows as they sell quite well but also boost my lvl progression in smiting alot more than iron daggers lol
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 10:35 AM

They actually don't, you increase the same amount regardless of what you Smith. Thats why people suggest Iron Daggers; they are the cheapest option to increase the skill.

Alice

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMAlice View Post
They actually don't, you increase the same amount regardless of what you Smith. Thats why people suggest Iron Daggers; they are the cheapest option to increase the skill.

Alice
really, as at the moment it takes me about 15-20 daggers to go up one lvl and only 5-7 for a dwarf bow
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 11:14 AM

Last time I played, yes. Wether i crafted an Ebony Blade or an Iron Dagger, i still got the same. Obviously this has changed.

Alice

post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 11:30 AM

I think i found a lot of my smithing stuff rather than buying it, you can find ore and leather pretty easily.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-24-12, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

i finally made it to smithing 100 and now plan on smithing my self a deadric Armour suit and also my follower so there will be two of us looking gooooood

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode