ps3 skyrim - help finding good weapons. - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-11-12, 12:50 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

If your talking about the sword at 2:55, then that is a Daedric sword. Daedric is probably the hardest equipment to smith because you need obsidian and Daedric hearts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-11-12, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

aww ok cool cool , ive found a few daedric hearts but dont know where to find hearts
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-11-12, 07:26 AM

You find them around - daedric quests and shops are where I found them mainly.
DON'T eat them. As in oblivion, I used to wander round scoffing them. Then I found I needed them for daedric armour... Been saving for ages. I've also been finding armour with blacksmith enchantments - once I feel I've got enough, I'm going to make the best armour I can.

Last edited by Gret79; 07-11-12 at 08:14 AM.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-11-12, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

ive used one heart so far but i gave that to a smith for a quest was all
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-11-12, 08:15 AM

I'd eaten loads when I found out I needed them...damn it!
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-11-12, 12:11 PM

Apart from showing up in the odd shop, there is a way to buy them.

Potential spoiler if you want to find stuff yourself
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-11-12, 06:43 PM

The Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon has 4 Dremora that you can kill every 48 hours (?) for Daedra hearts. They will only appear there after completion of the 'Pieces of the Past' quest though, which is obtainable once you're level 20 and a courier gives you an invitation to the opening of the Dawnstar museum.

I'm using a setup that some people frown upon because it 'ruins the game' at the moment with my Nord. I have 4 pieces of apparel that boost smithing improvements by 24% each as well as a Blacksmith's draught (?) that boosts it by 40% making a total improvement of 136%. Using these I improved my glass armour and weapons, making them more powerful than most people's Daedric items. I then used Enchanting to enchant my glass boots, a necklace and a ring to boost One-handed weapons by 40%. My Chillrend (magical glass sword found in Mercer Frey's house in the Thieves Guild questline) now does over 200 damage.

To do this you'll need 100 Enchanting with all of perks that boost the power of enchantments and skill enchantments selected. You'll also need the smithing perks for whichever armour you intend on using, not to forget arcane smithing if you intend on improving magical items. This works with two-handed as well, just use the fortify two-handed enchantment instead of the one-handed. You can do the same with Archery if you'd rather use a bow, but you can actually enchant a helmet to give the same boost meaning 4 items of apparel will boost the damage by 40% rather than 3 items.

Then there are the perks in the respective trees for one-handed, two-handed and archery that will help increase the damage even further if you choose the correct perks.

I will also note that if you have 100 Alchemy and all of the perks to increase the power of potions created, you can create some really powerful potions to increase the power of enchantments and smithing improvements even further. You can also enchant armours using these potions to increase the power of created potions, and then use these armours to make more potions of the same kind, only this time they will be even stronger.

It's long winded and can take some working out, but using this method you can easily get a single Daedric sword to do over 500 damage. Now you see why some people frown upon it for ruining the fun of the game. You could call it a broken system if you want, I just think it's a clever way of using the different skills involved and merging them to make incredibly powerful items. But it's simple, if you don't want to do it for whatever reason, don't.

Regards,
Jake.

Last edited by Red Corsairs; 07-11-12 at 06:49 PM.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-13-12, 06:31 PM

There is a quest that can give you unlimited daedric hearts. In the mage college.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 05:05 AM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

You can get some interesting magic items via quests aswell, particularly daedric ones. The sword that explodes the undead is fun.

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

well currently all i been making is iron daggers and it got my smithing skill up to 60 , only think i worry about is my actual lvl going up to much so when i do missions the monsters will be to high lvl for me, also is there a fast quick way to make lots gold still need loads to buy ores and straps

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode