Can THQ be saved? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 11:59 AM

Shady ed's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Space Marine is a good game, if they developed it further in a second one I think it could be a viable alternative to Call of Duty etc.
That will never happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 12:31 PM

Zetronus's Flag is: Great Britain

I have to admit on a technical level that sadly Space Marine has a way to come before its on par with top-title Strato-MMO-FPS's.

I also found the game quite linear and boring on the PS3 and that was on the hardest level setting. The could easy do an MMO 40K themed FPS game with lots of races in it.... sadly they dont.

DOW2 was / is.... NOT what I want - and that putting it midly.... however I truly loved the original DOW, although in some ways they did over nerf the game on subsequent updates.

Another thing that pisses me of in general though is having to log-into the internet to play my stand alone - at home game!

that needs to be stopped right now!
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 01:17 PM
Banned
Sakura_ninja's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Space Marine is a good game, if they developed it further in a second one I think it could be a viable alternative to Call of Duty etc.
No way in Hell, cod has a massive choke hold on the market, not even medal of honour has dented it, its a well known franchise with millions of fans, GW is relatively unknown to the masses,with fewer fans and its franchise is not best exploited by game, especially repetitive games which can't hold a persons interest
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
I dont see THQ directly going under, the problem they have had is that they concentrated too much of shitty kids games. Luckily they seem to have realized that it was a shitty idea, and instead now concentrate on their AAA Block Buster titles, like for example Saints Row, Company of Heroes and Dawn of War.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
have to agree with you here, if your producing shit games that dont sell its pretty likely you will go under, they lost a shit load on the udraw tablet thing too, which i have to say i own and is quite good fun, but apart from pictionary there isnt a great deal of point to it.
plus they have costly licences like WWE which doesnt have the draw it used to because of stuff like UFC and lack of charismatic over the top characters that it used to have.
There's a couple of good points there. Kids games are a market that just don't sell well in general as it's not a target audience in general. There's only a handful that are going to enjoy cutesy stuff. I'm praying that THQ has seen that it's a horrible market to be in and leaves it alone. Same with WWE. They should sell it off or something as there's just not the draw to it there once was. They need to concentrate on the games that have done well for them. Darksiders, Saints Row and DoW (before it was put on the back burner, the developers were talking about a lot of ideas for DoW III that bring the series back towards the original DoW but more in depth.)
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 03:02 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_ninja View Post
No way in Hell, cod has a massive choke hold on the market, not even medal of honour has dented it, its a well known franchise with millions of fans, GW is relatively unknown to the masses,with fewer fans and its franchise is not best exploited by game, especially repetitive games which can't hold a persons interest
I dunno Call of Duty never changes, no one plays Call of Duty for it's single player, they play it for multiplayer. Call of Duty gets repetitive fast the only thing it has going for it is it's past. It's like the WoW of the FPS world and even WoW is ding now. What's needed is innervation, innervation that is properly support. Games that have gone up against WoW have never been properly back, mostly due to EA sports screwing them over.

Problem with FPSs facing Call of Duty is that they bring out a game add a bit of support then drop them and move on to something else. What does Call of Duty do? Keeps adding stuff until the next Call of Duty comes out which is soon because they have two developers on it.

Space Marine has loads of avenues it can explore, other races, other weapons, vehicles (which it has already started, kind of) bigger maps, bigger teams, move movement options such as crouching, prone etc. If it does all that it could rival Call of Duty in terms of gameplay if not popularity.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 03:10 PM
Banned
Sakura_ninja's Flag is: England

If you think nobody plays cod for 1 player, your wrong, I played world at war, modern warfare 1+2 and cod 2 so much on 1 player and never got bored, I rented space marine once on a Tuesday afternoon, and returned it Tuesday evening, it was shit.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 03:15 PM

Steam is very bad, if THQ work with them then maybe for that they don't do so well. All my friends is always ask first "is having steam?" and if yes they not buy. Plus TPB is making many peoples happy with free games but making the companies sad, but if they ask so much for games they will always have this problem, here many games cost what my job gives for 2 or 3 days work, I not giving this much for game I finish in only 1 week, no way!!
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 03:18 PM
Closet Dictator

Oldman78's Flag is: Ireland

I liked space marine, the problem I found was, it was designed to a generic audience and to encourage non g.w fan base into the 40k world, had the game been designed solely with 40k fans who know the back ground it could have been awesome the potential was there, it was not a taxing game but entertained me.

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 07:10 PM

Atzunew's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporal Punishment 69 View Post
Steam is very bad...

*see avatar*

Keep trolling troll.

Anyways back on topic I really don't want the 40K games to reach CoD status. Sure I want them to get successful but with that status comes with a lot of baggage that is highly undesirable.

~Atzunew

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-09-12, 07:29 PM

Sorry, not understanding "troll", why you say me that? I say steam bad becaus it don't let me play if not in internet, all the steam games are needing to connect to play, in my country this is bad as internet is not good, takes much time and not always is there...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode