Space Marine 2? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Shattertheirsky's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Space Marine 2?

I loved the first one, does anyone think they will make a sequel?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-12, 11:53 PM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

They were going to. But then the Dark Millenium MMO knocked it off and it has been shelved ever since.

An OLD ARTICLE explains it.

Alice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-12, 08:10 AM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

Loved that game, though the DLC was somewhat dissapointing.

Personally I would like to see a sequal to 40K Firewarrior, or a Battlefield style game with IG vs Traitor Guard. Or something unorignal like that.

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-12, 08:17 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

yeah that was a good game though i preordered mine and got it first thing in the morning of the release. it was buggy as shit you know the bit where you are on a bridge fighting alonside the blood ravens and a couple ultramarines against the csm and then at the end, the other space marines jump in a storm raven and fly off? well a certain blood raven didnt make it in time and the space marine hovered after the storm raven

an another thing evertime i curbstomped an ork next to an edge it would get stuck in the railing spasm out and then titus stomped on thin air and (crappy looking) blood spurterd out

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 06:45 PM

Zer0's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just finished Space Marine (I have to wait for the price to drop to about $20) and I think a sequel would be a good idea. A couple things I'd like to see changed, though: First, I'd like the ability to block attacks rather than just dodging and second, no taking damage while finishing off an enemy. I can't tell you how many times I died because Titus took his sweet time finishing off an Ork.
Maybe they could add some vehicles? Who wouldn't want to control a Bike, Landspeeder or just drive a Land Raider over the enemy?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Shattertheirsky's Flag is: United Kingdom

Could'nt agree more Zer0. The multiplayer and the horde mode are pretty ace too. I really do hope that relic make a sequel. It was a pretty good game imo.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 01:22 AM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

Needs to be a FPS, that third person view is crap. The online co op and multiplayer would be so much better in FPS. That would be my wish...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 02:34 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
Needs to be a FPS, that third person view is crap. The online co op and multiplayer would be so much better in FPS. That would be my wish...
each to their own....i quite like the 3rd person view. The sensible thing to do would be to make a toggle and let the user decide.

I'd like to see SM2, but now that the MMO is scrapped, what i'd really like to see is a dragonage:origins style RPG.

Base it on deathwatch and you could have a good range of party members to choose from, with different fighting styles, abilities and personalities. You could include guardsmen and Inquisitors, but even going purely on marines you have libbys, chaplains, techmarines, kill-marines, black shields, devs and assault marines. Mixing in their chapter traits, you could have a really interesting choice of party members.

Instead of loot, you can earn honour to buy blessings, purity seals, armour upgrades and weapons. There's a history of Ordo Xenos using alien tech (with some deliberation) so this could form the basis of some epic quest rewards.

For the main character you'd choose between 1 of several chapters, which defines your traits and backstory. The first part of the game would play out within your own chapter, acting as a tutorial and advancing the story to the point when you're recruited by the deathwatch.

From the pen & paper we already know how well it works as a setting for an rpg, the missions and storylines practically write themselves. Throw in lots of blood and epic killing blows, and i think we have a game here

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-12, 05:53 AM

I would actually be really surprised if they didn't make a sequel. I think it was received better than they expected. It wasn't the most perfect multiplayer experience but its fun and a cool new universe and way to play a shooter, the story was interesting plus a cool cliffhanger for second one. Things get canceled all the time but I'd love for them to continue the story.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-12, 06:38 AM
Banned
Sakura_ninja's Flag is: England

I hope never, terrible boring game, so damn repetitive, and playing as a marine is just bland.

Thank god it wasn't another bloody fps though

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode