DoW 2: Retribution Worth Getting? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-16-12, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Awesome :D

I've been playing custom games lately, although despite playing twice as many rated games with my chaos force, my space marine levelled up in practically one game. So got more experience and enjoying the games more now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-16-12, 07:16 PM
IRONBORN

Tyrannus's Flag is: England

Loved the campaign. Not sure if I played the multiplayer on retribution but I did enjoy the multiplayer on the standard DOW2, even though I was somewhat bad and only managed 1 or 2 victories.

From iron, cometh strength. From strength, cometh will. From will, cometh faith. From faith, cometh honour. From honour, cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany, and may it forever be so.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-16-12, 07:45 PM

Atzunew's Flag is: Canada

It's a great game, I definitely recommend it. Perhaps you could wait for the Steam Summer Sale which is quite soon. So instead of paying $29.99 USD you can get it as low as $7.99. They had this price during the winter sale so they would do at least the same if not more but I think this would be your best bet. That way you could get DoW 1 + expansions as well if you are so inclined, or keep the savings for something else.

~Atzunew

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-16-12, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atzunew View Post
It's a great game, I definitely recommend it. Perhaps you could wait for the Steam Summer Sale which is quite soon. So instead of paying $29.99 USD you can get it as low as $7.99. They had this price during the winter sale so they would do at least the same if not more but I think this would be your best bet. That way you could get DoW 1 + expansions as well if you are so inclined, or keep the savings for something else.

~Atzunew
Yeah I got it for £8

I'm finding it a lot more fun now that I've figured out the objectives and how things go, although some fights have gone on for so long that I either won or lost by default for some reason.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 02:31 AM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

You know there are victory points which count down from 500 right? So once a team loses all theirs its game over. It could also be a matter of people dropping out, which happens occasionally. Or a team can concede.

Regarding power nodes (or requisition or victory point nodes) your team shares them so it doesn't matter if you personally didn't get them.

I've racked up over 300 hundred hours online on DoW II and it's expansions, i'd be happy to play with you. Add the steam name Klyten1379.

The best tip i can think of for a new player to multiplayer is to use hotkeys. Your squads each have a designated number, which you can see next to their portrait on the right, in order of construction. (which you can change any time by selecting the unit and going ctrl *number*). To select the unit you want simply press the corresponding number on your keyboard. It's so much faster to select and order units when you don't have to click on them or even see them on the screen. It works for selecting your base and building units too. Most important is the retreat button hot key, for getting your squads out of trouble quickly without having to fiddle with the mouse.

Mastering hotkey's is one of the most significant factors in being able to play online well, it gives you a massive advtange over someone who doesn't use them.

@SMG Alice

What mod's that? Those tank variants are awesome. Dark Crusade was fun i'll admit, had a certain scale tha'ts lacking with DoW II. Though i prefer the tactical unit, micromanage focus of DoW II.

Last edited by Rems; 06-17-12 at 02:34 AM.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 09:21 AM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rems View Post
@SMG Alice

What mod's that? Those tank variants are awesome. Dark Crusade was fun i'll admit, had a certain scale tha'ts lacking with DoW II. Though i prefer the tactical unit, micromanage focus of DoW II.
Its Firestorm Over Kronus

The link for it is in the Dawn Of War 1 thread, Doelago asked about it as well.

Edit: Here's the post about it plus the link:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMAlice View Post
That particular image is one of an Armored Battlegroup (Mine) from the Dark Crusade Mod called Firestorm Over Kronus.

There are:

3 Exterminators
3 Conquerors
1 Punisher
1 medusa (Bastion Breacher Shells)
1 Vanquisher Command
1 Vanquisher
1 Executioner
1 Baneblade

All with various upgrades including Sponson Weapons, Extra Armor, Track Guards, Pintle Weapons, HK Missiles e.t.c.

I also have, out of shot -

6 Veteran Squads
1 Command Squad
2 Griffons
4 Chimera's

For the most part, if you can take it on the Tabletop, you can take it in FoK. Units and Wargear.

Find it HERE

Alice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger

Last edited by SGMAlice; 06-17-12 at 09:24 AM.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 10:13 AM

CaptainQuackers's Flag is: Australia

Feel free to add me for some games on DoW 2 REt Words Of Truth, it's Captain Quackers. Thanks for the mod link SGMAlice, it may reinvigorate DoW DC for me.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 03:42 PM
IRONBORN

Tyrannus's Flag is: England

Oh yeah, I should mention my steam name:

Account name: fuuj1n
Steam name: Radec

One of the main reasons I don't play multiplayer often was the lack of friends/team mates to play with, so If you're interested I am available for some Retribution.

From iron, cometh strength. From strength, cometh will. From will, cometh faith. From faith, cometh honour. From honour, cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany, and may it forever be so.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, amount of games I've lost because I've been sat defending a power with no support and very little amount of power to make new things is a lot.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Just checked my stats and it turns out I've only won 1 game out of 13 and that 1 game I got the champion for >.<

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode