DayZ MOD for Arma 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-13-12, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Default DayZ MOD for Arma 2

Been playing this with few friends about a month and can honestly say its top 10 best mod ever material so far. Never before on any online game i have so far played i get this scary and stressful feeling i get outta this. Arma 2 sales have been going up recently atleast a 10 times cause of this, honestly anyone with few friends and want meaninfull and hardcore online experience should try this.

Check out this first impressions, he covers many things quite nicely although he plays solo:

What this mod has that makes it quite unique:
- Persistent world. When you die, your character dies with everything you have collected with him so far
- Huge world. As many Arma players know
- Co-op and PvP. You meet new players alongway, you never know their intentions and things get bad quite often
- You need to eat and drink and handle your equipment smartly. You have to search for new items constantly, ammo sometimes is very sparse.
- Try to avoid sneaking past Zombies or go gunsblazing but at same time alert every Zombie on near vicinity. And those shots could draw some some new players near and you never know their intentions

Its quite hard to describe this mod, but it has been one of most unique mods ever created to any online game. This mod isnt for players with lack of patience, you just cant go guns blazing on every situation. There isnt action happening on every minute but you never know whats behind this corner or is some other sneaky player putting his crosshairs on you from nearby woods while you try search building for materials. Youtube is quite full already of videos of this mod so check it out yourself. Arma 2 has been again on steams top sellers games and its all been thx to this mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-12, 06:36 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

As a huge "The Walking Dead" fan, anything with zombies makes me excited at the moment.

Wonder if Arma 2 would run on my laptop...?

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-12, 08:02 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

At lower settings. Im hoping dayz2 comes out for arma3. I couldnt really getused to it after being used to pr - I find that far more enjoyable personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-12, 11:51 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

I saw this on a game review show called "Good Game", And plan on buying Arma 2 and expansion just for this mod.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-24-12, 02:51 AM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

Played it at a friends, it's definitely worth it. It's the only true zombie apocalypse simulator.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-24-12, 04:52 AM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looks good. I'm getting it
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-24-12, 05:33 PM
Slave to Heresy!

Well Im downloading it now... will be playing tomorrow some time
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-25-12, 05:04 AM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

It is very good. If you go to the main site, you can see the average survival time, number of bandits, etc.

edit: look up the controls before you play.... not intuitive.

Last edited by lokis222; 06-25-12 at 05:49 AM.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-27-12, 02:28 PM
Slave to Heresy!

I;m really enjoying it so far.

I figured out a great way to cheat for gear too. Get to a quiet deerstand. Loot it, run away 200 metres, change server!!

I did this 3 times yesterday and got an AK and loads of ammo.

Then I logged in today and got shot about 1 minute after I walked off karma is a bitch.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-10-12, 09:25 PM

FatBoyFat's Flag is: England

Been playing this after going to Rezzed games expo in Brighton and seeing the guy who made it do his dev talk... shit me! scariest gaming experience ever just now.

It had got to night time which was scary enough as it is, I'd been sneaking towards what looked like a house, then suddenly I hear zombies! now lets get this straight, night on this game you can see nothing! so I try and crawl one way.. hear more of them, crawl the other way, hear more, by this point I'm bricking myself, clutching my shotgun and ahole with equal tightness. think sod this I need to see what's going on, and drop a flare... biggest mistake! the world lights up a horrid blood red glow and 8 zombies are all around me! Never shat myself so much while playing game! lets just say it didn't end well... lol. These 8 bloody things running towards me screaming all in some horrid red light from the flare!

note to self, don't play this at night on a server that is night time... I'm never going to sleep tonight now! lol!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode