DayZ MOD for Arma 2 - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 04:47 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Been playing this for two weeks now on my gaming groups server. I have well over 3000 hours into Oblivion and 1900 hours in Borderlands 2 and I can say that DayZ has become my new fav for a game. This is what Fallout 3 should have been.

I do not think any other game has given me the feeling of excitement when I find something awesome or very useful, I am elated. I also don't think a game has ever made me feel nervous or kind of out right scared as DayZ has. I mean you really have to weigh your decisions on things that you do, should I run for the car with all these zeeks around what if the car needs wheels or an engine? it will be too late because they will have already seen me.

If you die it is a start over until you find your body, so no gps or map and no weapons, you not only have to contend with zeek you have to contend with eating and water and staying warm, finding a weapon or a vehicle that will run.

Been playing the epoch version and my internet gaming groups server is private with no PvP which I really like because I was burned out on fps and I had heard that there are groups of people out there who's sole purpose is to go into servers and ruin peoples fun.

Helps to be on Ventrilo so we can communicate but the amount of talking is pretty small. It is funny we all play on the same server but we hardly see each other which I find pretty cool, you know people are there but they are off exploring or building.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 05:07 PM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaLkAwaY View Post
Been playing this for two weeks now on my gaming groups server.
Quote:
I had heard that there are groups of people out there who's sole purpose is to go into servers and ruin peoples fun.
There will come a time when those "people", will be you

The ever present threat of meeting a bandit is what DayZ is all about. It takes very little time at all to gear up to a level where the zombies are 0% threat, so players become the real danger.

post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 11:39 PM
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imm0rtal reaper View Post
There will come a time when those "people", will be you

The ever present threat of meeting a bandit is what DayZ is all about. It takes very little time at all to gear up to a level where the zombies are 0% threat, so players become the real danger.
Nope and when I get bored with the way it is I will move on to something else. I have had enough of the COD community attitude of FPS MP gaming. I play DayZ to relax and explore. If I want to spend the day fishing on the server or flying around exploring things in a chopper I want to do that, not worry about some assgasket trying to kill me.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-30-13, 07:32 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Been playing the epoch version and my internet gaming groups server is private with no PvP which I really like because I was burned out on fps and I had heard that there are groups of people out there who's sole purpose is to go into servers and ruin peoples fun.
May I suggest actually playing on a DayZ server instead of Hello Kitty Carebear Island Adventure? Or a Minecraft creative server, considering you're playing Epoch. It's a good mod, but without the risk of people doing as the game intends, there's no point whatsoever in playing and building these fantastic fortresses and bases. Especially considering Zs can still phase through walls and creations without problem.

You're missing the entirety of what the game is about.

These people do not have 'the sole purpose of going into servers and ruining peoples fun'. What they are doing is intended emergent gameplay. Post-apocalyptic survival is made much more simple if you can get everything you need in one place. If that one place happens to be the twitching corpse of someone dumb enough to get caught, so be it.

Yes, I'm annoyed. But that's partly because the server I help run has to constantly deal with people crying about core intended gameplay actually happening.

(PS: Vanilla is objectively better than Epoch. There's actually a challenge)

post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-31-13, 01:09 PM
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
May I suggest actually playing on a DayZ server instead of Hello Kitty Carebear Island Adventure? Or a Minecraft creative server, considering you're playing Epoch. It's a good mod, but without the risk of people doing as the game intends, there's no point whatsoever in playing and building these fantastic fortresses and bases. Especially considering Zs can still phase through walls and creations without problem.

You're missing the entirety of what the game is about.

These people do not have 'the sole purpose of going into servers and ruining peoples fun'. What they are doing is intended emergent gameplay. Post-apocalyptic survival is made much more simple if you can get everything you need in one place. If that one place happens to be the twitching corpse of someone dumb enough to get caught, so be it.

Yes, I'm annoyed. But that's partly because the server I help run has to constantly deal with people crying about core intended gameplay actually happening.

(PS: Vanilla is objectively better than Epoch. There's actually a challenge)
You can suggest what you want, you can also think what you want but I have my reasons however don't for a second think it is because I am scared or cannot play FPS games. I have been playing video games for a really long time. I played UT and all its babies, Doom, Quake 1, 2 and more, Vegas and Vegas 2, RvS, all the COD's and BF games and their spinoffs. My favorite games have always been Oblivion and Borderlands which was just replaced with Borderlands 2. The main ingredient that those games have in common? The lack of cocksmurfs playing the game with you.

When their was a TWL and other leagues myself and others in the clan i happened to be in at the time were all good enough that we raised 50,000 dollars for a charity by playing RvS during a privately funded competition.

So your frustration -which is incorrectly aimed at me-, while I understand your need to impose your will it only came off as condescending and a little buttish and I have a really thick skin so for me to read into something it takes a lot.

Maybe you need a break from running a server. And I have read several posts on forums in the past about people making it their only reason for playing DayZ is to go in and kill other players. They do not care about the loot they just care that they have caused someone to start over, they then leave the server and move on to another.

Anyway, I play on our server because I like the flying and if during my little gaming escapes I want to pretend I am putting on a bikini and taking a boat out fishing then that is what I want to do without the threat of being sniped or having to deal with stupid comments from other players and or their actions.

Last edited by WaLkAwaY; 10-31-13 at 01:27 PM.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-31-13, 03:40 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

That's grand, but you should stop telling people you're playing DayZ. Because you're not. You're playing the Arma armoury mode, if the Armoury developed delusions of grandeur. Nothing more, nothing less.

post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-31-13, 10:50 PM
Grr! That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
That's grand, but you should stop telling people you're playing DayZ. Because you're not. You're playing the Arma armoury mode, if the Armoury developed delusions of grandeur. Nothing more, nothing less.
That was cute. You're funny.

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-13, 03:58 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

I personally love the idea behind DayZ, but I don't like the fact that there's a bandit ever 10 feet waiting to kill you with a sniper rifle.

Which is ironic, since I play Nether, which is basically the same thing but with teleporting demons instead of zombies. Maybe it's because there's a stash where I can hide my loot when I'm done travelling.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode