Mechwarrior Games - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 08:41 AM
Banned
Sakura_ninja's Flag is: England

Err no I had a computer back in wolverhampton, I don't now, and back then I knew about WoT, downloaded and installed it and it never worked, and I tried several times.

So how about YOU don't comment on something you know nothing about and don't assume because I have no computer now I've never had one, idiot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

So you have never played World of Tanks then? Thousands of people play it every day so I'm going to assume PEBKAC.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 08:58 AM
Banned
Sakura_ninja's Flag is: England

That's correct well done, installing something and it not working does indeed equal an inability to play, ask diablo 3 players.

PEBKAC to you to, but i don't speak fuckanees.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Your inability to make something work does not change the mechanics of the game, which is what we're talking about here.

The Free to Play mechanic is really good for games like these, it allows you to play the game, get into it and only pay for things when you know you can play it. If you're only getting on once a month then it makes no sense to pay for premium but if you get some time to play you can Premium your account for 24 hours or longer to get a nice boost in XP and cash.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 10:45 AM

yanlou's Flag is: United Kingdom

This game looks pretty good and if its in the style of WoT then id defo play.

I agree with Aramoro, if it didnt work for you doesnt change the game, have you ever thought it may have been your computer at the time, Iv been playing world of tanks since the closed Beta and its always work fine for me, infact iv never had any real problems loading or installing games, so at the end of it ill defo play this game when it comes to open beta.

Aramoro i look forward to seeing you there.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 11:15 AM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

As a rapid fan of all things mechwarrior have been eagerly following the developer diaries for mech online. The way they've been handling the mechanics of the game has just blown me away.

They're actually trying to make all the classes useful, so instead of everyone in assault mechs we might see some games with other classes. Scout mechs for example have a bonus in target acquisition and recon and information warfare. This means they can send the location of the enemy to their team mates for long range missile strikes.

The gorgeous visuals are just a bonus (though i practically nerdgasm every time i see the cockpit displays).

Intriguing is the progressive setting they're using. The game's timeline will advance in realtime, following events from the background. The game is set pre Clan invasion which means there will come a time (a year i believe) when the Clans and their mechs hit the field. I'm interested to see how they're going to handle that.

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 01:43 PM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rems View Post
As a rapid fan of all things mechwarrior have been eagerly following the developer diaries for mech online. The way they've been handling the mechanics of the game has just blown me away.

They're actually trying to make all the classes useful, so instead of everyone in assault mechs we might see some games with other classes. Scout mechs for example have a bonus in target acquisition and recon and information warfare. This means they can send the location of the enemy to their team mates for long range missile strikes.

The gorgeous visuals are just a bonus (though i practically nerdgasm every time i see the cockpit displays).

Intriguing is the progressive setting they're using. The game's timeline will advance in realtime, following events from the background. The game is set pre Clan invasion which means there will come a time (a year i believe) when the Clans and their mechs hit the field. I'm interested to see how they're going to handle that.
hopefully, well. this is a very ignored area of gaming and i have a huge soft spot for huge mecha. i still remember the original and armored core and chromehounds never filled that need.

post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 07:04 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

A mmo of Mechwarrior sounds awesome, back when I lived in California there was a multiplayer setup in the mall nearby. It had 16 'cockpits' that you could form two teams of 8 with. It was fully loaded with all kinds of screens and buttons and whatnot, playing against others was awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 11:52 PM

Grokfog's Flag is: England

That looks absolutely, and totally amazing. I will personally cut off my legs to have that game right now.

normtheunsavoury - I'd much rather have a stack of tattoos and other mods on my body than a suit of fucking armour in the corner I once pranced around a carpark in like a cunt.

post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-26-12, 12:34 AM
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

Christ in heaven that looks beautiful... Now I have two games on my wish list, both each satisfying a genre of play.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode