Alien: Colonial Marines - Official Release Date Announced - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-12, 01:49 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

I am looking forward tpo this game, but I am still expecting a lack luster experience. Considering this was put on hold to realease the flop of shit they passed for AvP3, yeah lets hope this is gonna be better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-12, 03:45 PM

Zetronus's Flag is: Great Britain

I am just praying / converting to chaos gods if need be - that they dont console-kiddie this game up.

I want an adult - very mature - PC game that requires real skills with the keyboard / mouse and a lot of wits and brain - power (not tutorials that last a whole game)

Give me a game like the first AVP, but with all the added deliciousness of today's gaming PC's not yesterdays depreciated consoles.

Sadly I suspect this is on the back burner until the XBox 720 or PS4 is released next year.

I am sorry to say that it feels that the last generation of consoles was the worst thing to ever happen to REAL video gaming!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-12, 04:35 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

[QUOTE=Zetronus;1225694]I am just praying / converting to chaos gods if need be - that they dont console-kiddie this game up.

I want an adult - very mature - PC game that requires real skills with the keyboard / mouse and a lot of wits and brain - power (not tutorials that last a whole game)

Give me a game like the first AVP, but with all the added deliciousness of today's gaming PC's not yesterdays depreciated consoles.

Sadly I suspect this is on the back burner until the XBox 720 or PS4 is released next year.

I am sorry to say that it feels that the last generation of consoles was the worst thing to ever happen to REAL video gaming![/QUOTE
Yeah I feel the same about this past gen, but it had its ups and downs, just we saw more corporate BS thorwn in the mix unfortunately, and if the rumours come true the next gen is gonna have more BS with it. I guess many of old schoolers are gonna have to eat our pride and learn to adapt.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-12, 07:52 PM
IRONBORN

Tyrannus's Flag is: England

Well I for one really enjoyed the look of the multiplayer teaser. Looks like things can get crazy pretty fast and just looks like damn good fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetronus View Post
I am sorry to say that it feels that the last generation of consoles was the worst thing to ever happen to REAL video gaming!
How so? Genuinely curious because I don't see what's wrong with the current gen, in fact I thought it was actually pretty good. The PS2 generation is probably still the best (personal opinion).

From iron, cometh strength. From strength, cometh will. From will, cometh faith. From faith, cometh honour. From honour, cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany, and may it forever be so.

Last edited by Tyrannus; 05-24-12 at 07:59 PM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-12, 07:56 PM

Zetronus's Flag is: Great Britain

@tyannus

My fingers are certainly crossed - sadly I was let-down badly with AvP3

@TheSpore

Sadly to say, when games get to be too serious (in regards to milking the gamer) - they cease to have any interest for me - I choose not to play.

I have a massive back catalog of Wintel and DOS games - not to mention Amiga / Spectrum etc.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-12, 08:05 PM
IRONBORN

Tyrannus's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetronus View Post
@tyannus
My fingers are certainly crossed - sadly I was let-down badly with AvP3
Fair enough. Is it bad to say I though it was alright?

I probably really enjoyed AvP3 just because It was fun playing multiplayer with people I knew and mainly because I really wasn't expecting much.

But I am excited for this game and because of what you guys are saying I am now getting worried I might be hyping myself up to dissapointment .

From iron, cometh strength. From strength, cometh will. From will, cometh faith. From faith, cometh honour. From honour, cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany, and may it forever be so.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode