First Diablo III review - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-22-12, 11:20 AM

lokis222's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
IF DIABLO 3 WERE A GIRL - YouTube

Diablo 3 for many. haha.
lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-22-12, 12:58 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

The link below provides an iteresting vidoe that makes some valid points and is somewhat funny as well.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...ays-Online-DRM

post #53 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-27-12, 08:51 AM

Marius_Ruberu's Flag is: USA

I just bought Diablo 3 a couple days ago and the games is working great and is a lot of fun. I played for 6 hours the fist night and never had a problem with connecting or game slowing down. Game play is great, lots of fun quests, and characters are a lot of fun to play. Games is not like the first 2 Diablos, its more like WOW and other online games if played mixed together.
post #54 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-27-12, 09:23 PM

The guy in that video is right, while I do agree with blizzard's decision to make it online only, that also does mean they should have their servers running properly, preferably from day one. I've had some problems every now and then at the start but it's runnign quite smoothly nowadays, though occasionally i do get some lag spikes.
( which is also the reason I haven't done much HC D3 yet, as I don't want to lose a toon to lag, and I know how hard the higher difficulties are, I'm in Act 3 Hell now with my SC Wizard who is 60 )

As for the RMAH, it and the regular one are both filled by PLAYERS. They are the ones selling stuff on it. NOT BLIZZARD. Blizzard has stated it will not put their own 'stuff' on the RMAH. As for this opening the door to P2W.. not more so than all the illegal websites that offered stuff for sale for Diablo 2. The only difference is that now it's safe from scamming, thus no fear of losing your account to a hacker because you bought something from an iffy website. Second, you won't get your ass banned or your items removed because you broke the rules, and finally, instead of these websites making all the bucks from this economy, every player can now sell stuff themselves and make a little money, and a percentage of that goes to blizzard for providing the service and helping the server maintenance.

Also, for those that think the crafting is stupid and only makes junk.. take a look again at the AH, there's quite a bit of stuff on there made with the blacksmith. In fact, my best stuff is from the blacksmith ( well not mine, I got it off the AH with the money I made selling junk there ), you just have to get a little lucky to roll an item with good stats on it. I've rolled a couple which I'm very happy with myself, and some which were nice. but not usefull for me, which went to the AH and sold for a truckload of money which I used to buy stuff I could use. ( lidless wall and goldskin make me happy )

Also blizard stated that when the PvP part comes in, they will specificly match people up against people with similar gear levels. So of you're dead set against using the AH to gear up a bit more, and only have your 'own' stuff, you won't be matched up against that kid who had his dad shell out 500 bucks for all the leet gear he could get his grubby hands on in the RMAH once it's open.

TKE's NTGU Brigade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
Einar is right.

Last edited by Inquisitor Einar; 05-27-12 at 09:41 PM.
post #55 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 12:20 AM

Einar,

The always online is still wrong, no matter what a single player mode should never be online, and should be played at the player's convienence, not at the company's. The RMAH is going influence more and more hacking of accounts to easily and quickly get items, sure Blizz. say there is no hacking threats and the presence is small, but this is not true if it was then there would not have been so many complaints, they are simply saying this for the same reasons a gov. will not tell certain information to their people, to keep the players in check.

The worst part of all this is that, we as consumers have now said we are ok with this system and now we will see every other developer doing it.

Enjoy gaming folks, because DIablo 3 has just set the new standard for anti-consumerist practices...

post #56 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 01:55 AM

CaptainQuackers's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpore View Post
Einar,

The always online is still wrong, no matter what a single player mode should never be online, and should be played at the player's convienence, not at the company's. The RMAH is going influence more and more hacking of accounts to easily and quickly get items, sure Blizz. say there is no hacking threats and the presence is small, but this is not true if it was then there would not have been so many complaints, they are simply saying this for the same reasons a gov. will not tell certain information to their people, to keep the players in check.

The worst part of all this is that, we as consumers have now said we are ok with this system and now we will see every other developer doing it.

Enjoy gaming folks, because DIablo 3 has just set the new standard for anti-consumerist practices...
post #57 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 08:17 AM

The always online feature is not wrong as that's what you're purchasing. What is wrong is the provision of service. If the server load had been managed correctly no one would have care about it being always on.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #58 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 01:54 PM

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
IF DIABLO 3 WERE A GIRL - YouTube

Diablo 3 for many. haha.
Fucking epic ... I mean just fucking epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!
post #59 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 04:48 PM

Amaro,
Though I respect your opinion, the always online is wrong and there is no other way to paint it. Yes it was advertised so, but it still doesn't make it right. I, nor anyone else should not pay $60 to be told when, where, and how I play our game. You paid for it, you own it, and therfore if you want to play single player you should not be forced to bend at the wim of a greedy corporation.

post #60 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 04:56 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpore View Post
... you own it....
Unless it is different from many games I suspect you actually license it rather than own it. You have actually been paying to be allowed to play when and where the publisher chooses for years ;it is just more noticeable with always online.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode