First Diablo III review - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-20-12, 07:34 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

you state 'pay to win' as being something thats new and innovative. look at games with a free and a pay bit. the pay bit allows uniquely better stuff or quicker access to globally available better stuff.

the only difference is that blizzard actually offer a way in which the primarily single player rpg that is diablo3 is able to get better stuff. its not an mmo like runescape or wow where the market is entirely kept afloat on the proceeds of the players.

the market is gained by yourself making or looting. your raging against the system because theyre offering an incentive for you to do something.

If runescape offered your character the option to buy an abyssal whip for money provided that you purely had the levels to get it as a drop and also to use it, noone would buy it. give an option to use outside of the normal way of getting and/or using it however and your looking to making some profit.

however, because gold farmers and other rwt's are able to bypass the system and make money off it, they avoid not only eula/tncs agreed upon installation but sell things that do not belong to them. that blizzard is tapping into this by an official manner to offset the server costs and hopefully put towards new content (warcraft 4?) I like this idea.

plus, getting a bit of money for my level 60s one I get bored of them is always nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-20-12, 11:09 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

Vaz:

You like many are only seeing this as the RMAH being used for its original intentions, I am not fully against the system, it is an option that can be utilyzed if need be, and it will keep players that take part in it safe from being scammed. The issue with RMAH is that it will be abused by the developers as a method to force additional content upon players. They will say its your choice, but the content they present will be in a form that the player will feel they have no other choice, granted it isn't too different from what we see in many free 2 play MMOs, but D3 is not an MMO, it is essentially a single player game with a multiplayer function. True that now a player can take an item they purchased online and use it in the single player mode, but this is done on many other games that do not force you to stay online at all times, look at DLC on many different console RPGs.

The biggest issue of all is the always online problem. No one should bend to the will of a game developer when they would like to play their SINGLE PLAYER GAME, again I've said enough, but it is wrong to sell a $60 SINGLE PLAYER game and tell them you can only play when we say so. These issues also, are showing other developers that it is ok to use these practices and consumers will not be bothered at all by it. The main defense I here is that it is entirely impossible to implement an offline mode, when it is not at all impossible, it is just being refused by the developer to continue to try and milk more money, trust that the RMAH will be advertised consistantly throughout your gaming experience and it will always be in your face.

Fast forward a few months later then the game will be expanded on with more content you must pay for, eventually single player will dissappear altogether, then in its place you will be forced to pay a monthly subscription. This is all the beginning of finding WoW's replacement.

post #43 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-20-12, 11:12 PM

notsoevil's Flag is: USA

I wouldn't buy this game for $60.

However, since my brother got it free for some reason, I'll give it a go.

The "real money" auction house sounds completely stupid.
post #44 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-20-12, 11:24 PM
Vaz

I certainly dont enjoy the idea of the auto purchasing good equipment. I will only sell atm. make money off the idiots who do.

even on bc2 I got the specact weapons for free but I didnt use them until I unlocked the weapons normally. the sa weapons were the finak unlocks but with new skins but I got them for the trophies.

I dont disagree with 'alwayz online' though. you should be able to tie certain things to an account which is uploaded and downloaded at saves and loads.

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #45 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-20-12, 11:45 PM

This is more of a insight for everyone and all I'm saying is lease folks watch your accounts.

http://www.examiner.com/article/acco...iablo-3-hacked

The worst part is Blizzard says its no big deal and BTW if your account is hacked twice you will be banned, it is just people trying to take advantage of the RMAH system, always remember hackers will always find away and this is a good examle that this system is flawed.

post #46 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-21-12, 06:15 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Penny Arcade covered my reaction to D3 requiring a constant internet connection.

but if people want to stop this trend they need only vote with their wallets.
post #47 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-21-12, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
Penny Arcade covered my reaction to D3 requiring a constant internet connection.

but if people want to stop this trend they need only vote with their wallets.
You are correct here, the sad part is many of those who whine are the ones who bought the game, voting with your wallet is the only way these copanies will get the picture.

post #48 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-21-12, 08:38 PM
Banned
Sakura_ninja's Flag is: England

I'm not buying it still, helps I have no computer.
post #49 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-21-12, 11:07 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpore View Post
You are correct here, the sad part is many of those who whine are the ones who bought the game, voting with your wallet is the only way these copanies will get the picture.
The question is, is the new direction games are heading (with only online and other such things) really a bad thing if the public is willing to put up with it?
post #50 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-22-12, 10:17 AM
Vaz

Diablo 3 for many. haha.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode