First Diablo III review - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-19-12, 08:19 PM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

Well I'm not a twelve year old cunt faced retard and I can shave, so does that make my opinion count for something? For some reason, I just really dont like your post.
There are many various reasons why people can not like something and that doesnt make them wrong. Just because I wont buy it for the fact that it's online only is my choice. I'm still a huge fan though. I still have D1 and D2 and bring them out from time to time. I'm sure that I'll eventually break down and get D3, but right now I'm sort of boycotting them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-19-12, 08:48 PM
stevey293's Flag is: Scotland

Well I'm battering my way though it just now just gave beliel a slapping at 6 hours in at least another 2-3 left. TBH I've not bothered my arse with half the side quests.

i'll start with what I dont like:

crafting??? what a load of toss! costs a fortune to level up the blacksmith and everything he makes is rubbish. Gems are half decent now though.

the cooldown period for using another health potion. (its a great Idea and TBH I agree with it but im too used to the Diablo 2 panic potion bashing).

Things I love:

graphics and environments. I'm on a £4000 alienware so can quite easily run the game full setting with no issues and its stunning.

the new skills system. I thought I'd hate this when I read about it but its far better.

the ambushes. yeah you can see them comming a mile off but its still great when you start getting cramp in your mouse bashing finger.

Anyway this was only a quick one and TBH a rubbish one as I really dont have much time.

Taking limited free commisions again. PM for info.
post #33 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-19-12, 10:49 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki1416 View Post
Well I'm not a twelve year old cunt faced retard and I can shave, so does that make my opinion count for something? For some reason, I just really dont like your post.
There are many various reasons why people can not like something and that doesnt make them wrong. Just because I wont buy it for the fact that it's online only is my choice. I'm still a huge fan though. I still have D1 and D2 and bring them out from time to time. I'm sure that I'll eventually break down and get D3, but right now I'm sort of boycotting them.
whatever you are then, its apparently still impossible for you to read what was put.

as for not liking my post 1) sue me, and 2) truth hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #34 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-20-12, 12:13 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpore View Post
IM not here to offend any of you, but everyone else who doesn't have the game should refuse to buy to show how much DRM is wrong and the RMAH is extremely unethical. This now paves the way for more Pay to Win mechanics.
Yes, it's pay to win. You're absolutely right. Because Blizzard are selling these ite-OH WAIT A MINUTE!

No. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about, clearly. Something like your typical Korean grindfest MMO selling amazing items that nothing found in-game compares to is P2W. The RMAH is a Blizzard sanctioned and fully secured/automated version of a system that always existed in Diablo 2, but it existed outside of Blizzard's security and control. If you don't like that, there's always an in-game currency auction house too, but let's not let little things like facts get in the way of the shitspew people are tacking on to.

This way, players are protected from scams, and Blizzard get to skim some off the top for server costs. As part of the EULA states that all items in-game are exclusively the property of Blizzard, they're actually being incredibly generous and open compared to similar games by explicitly allowing the sale of their virtual items for real money that can be cashed back out by players.

As for 'DRM', the always-online component is absolutely necessary for keeping the aforesaid system working effectively. In Diablo 2, people managed to figure out how to use the single player offline mode to dupe items that could be transferred to the online component, then were frequently sold (again, often for real money). Finally, this system was talked about for months and months prior to release, and Blizzard were fully open about it. Nobody was deceived by this 'limitation', so nobody who buys the game has any right whatsoever to complain about it.

post #35 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-20-12, 03:00 AM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
whatever you are then, its apparently still impossible for you to read what was put.

as for not liking my post 1) sue me, and 2) truth hurts.
I did read your post, understood your post, and it didnt......hurt? Dont get that. Calling people a cunt face because they dont like something that you do is what made me not like your post. I wasnt taking a shot at you or trying to start a flaming war, I simple stated that I didnt like your post. No need to get hostile and childish. Far as this convo goes, I'm done with it.
post #36 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-20-12, 03:22 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

obviously didnt read. either that or understand. if you done so you would understand exactly what I was referring to and you would not feel like I had taken you back to that place that one evening you spent with a friendly uncle.

or its entirely none of those. in which case your are getting offended over absolutely nothing that doesnt actually concern or refer to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #37 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-20-12, 09:30 AM
Feed

Keep it cool. There is no need for the level of aggression being displayed here.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #38 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-20-12, 03:58 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Yes, it's pay to win. You're absolutely right. Because Blizzard are selling these ite-OH WAIT A MINUTE!

No. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about, clearly. Something like your typical Korean grindfest MMO selling amazing items that nothing found in-game compares to is P2W. The RMAH is a Blizzard sanctioned and fully secured/automated version of a system that always existed in Diablo 2, but it existed outside of Blizzard's security and control. If you don't like that, there's always an in-game currency auction house too, but let's not let little things like facts get in the way of the shitspew people are tacking on to.

This way, players are protected from scams, and Blizzard get to skim some off the top for server costs. As part of the EULA states that all items in-game are exclusively the property of Blizzard, they're actually being incredibly generous and open compared to similar games by explicitly allowing the sale of their virtual items for real money that can be cashed back out by players.

As for 'DRM', the always-online component is absolutely necessary for keeping the aforesaid system working effectively. In Diablo 2, people managed to figure out how to use the single player offline mode to dupe items that could be transferred to the online component, then were frequently sold (again, often for real money). Finally, this system was talked about for months and months prior to release, and Blizzard were fully open about it. Nobody was deceived by this 'limitation', so nobody who buys the game has any right whatsoever to complain about it.
Look I do know what I speak of, for one thing sure we all knew about what was being done with the game way before the release and I admonished it then, Also I have done numerous amounts of research on the subject, and unfortunately Blizzard has opened the door for other developers to do the same to just make money. The entire RMAH is nothing more than a money scheme, do I feel that it was wrong for Blizzard to legitimize this practice, no, it does help protect the players from scams. The issue is that now that this practice is being done, we will now see it being forced down our throats. Yes they claim you have a choice, but it will not feel like much of choice when Blizzard begins to release their own exclusive items and have you bid for them. It is an excuse to nickel and dime the consumer, much like what you with DLC practices are being done and it’s very anti-consumerist. (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Dee...n-2-42186.html ) As for the DRM, I do see their side of the argument, but it is entirely possible to separate the offline experience from the online experience. People are angry that a game with a specifically named SINGLE PLAYER MODE, yet to play you must connect to their servers , the game is not an MMO, it never was and never has been. This feature is in place for two reasons, one to avoid piracy ( which is not going to happen, in fact it’s encouraging them ), two promote the RMAH, the laziest way to gain extra revenue, we do nothing and the players pay, then every single game after this incorporates it. The other issue, which you swear is not at all the case here, is that now Blizzard says that if you want to be good at the game you now have pay for it.

You can stand by and defend Blizzard all you want, obviously you are a fanboy, but when they come to you 6 months later and tell you now they will be increasing the percentage of each transaction on the RMAH, and that you will soon be required to pay a subscription fee to play the game, just remember in your mind it’s ok to screw over customers. Finally I must add that DRM is a way of the company telling when, where, and how you will play their game. I cannot defend any of the practices being done here, much like the same practices with DLC and online passcodes, it is a ploy to milk more and more money. I'm happy that you are okay with being milked for your hard earned money. Sure GW may milk our money, but at least they can’t say when, where, and how I will paint and assemble the models I paid for. Continue to defend them if you like, you are only finding a way to justify their practices, I will assume you bought the game, and from what I have read it is a great game, by us supporting these issues, we are only hurting ourselves later. The gaming industry is falling apart and much of it has to do with there own damn fault.
You want sources I'm pretty sure, so here ya go:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/34...ine-piracy.htm

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Roc...ard-42648.html
http://techland.time.com/2012/05/18/...-here-to-stay/

Last edited by TheSpore; 05-20-12 at 04:01 PM.
post #39 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-20-12, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpore View Post
Look I do know what I speak of, for one thing sure we all knew about what was being done with the game way before the release and I admonished it then, Also I have done numerous amounts of research on the subject, and unfortunately Blizzard has opened the door for other developers to do the same to just make money. The entire RMAH is nothing more than a money scheme, do I feel that it was wrong for Blizzard to legitimize this practice, no, it does help protect the players from scams. The issue is that now that this practice is being done, we will now see it being forced down our throats. Yes they claim you have a choice, but it will not feel like much of choice when Blizzard begins to release their own exclusive items and have you bid for them. It is an excuse to nickel and dime the consumer, much like what you with DLC practices are being done and itís very anti-consumerist. (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Dee...n-2-42186.html ) As for the DRM, I do see their side of the argument, but it is entirely possible to separate the offline experience from the online experience. People are angry that a game with a specifically named SINGLE PLAYER MODE, yet to play you must connect to their servers , the game is not an MMO, it never was and never has been. This feature is in place for two reasons, one to avoid piracy ( which is not going to happen, in fact itís encouraging them ), two promote the RMAH, the laziest way to gain extra revenue, we do nothing and the players pay, then every single game after this incorporates it. The other issue, which you swear is not at all the case here, is that now Blizzard says that if you want to be good at the game you now have pay for it.

You can stand by and defend Blizzard all you want, obviously you are a fanboy, but when they come to you 6 months later and tell you now they will be increasing the percentage of each transaction on the RMAH, and that you will soon be required to pay a subscription fee to play the game, just remember in your mind itís ok to screw over customers. Finally I must add that DRM is a way of the company telling when, where, and how you will play their game. I cannot defend any of the practices being done here, much like the same practices with DLC and online passcodes, it is a ploy to milk more and more money. I'm happy that you are okay with being milked for your hard earned money. Sure GW may milk our money, but at least they canít say when, where, and how I will paint and assemble the models I paid for. Continue to defend them if you like, you are only finding a way to justify their practices, I will assume you bought the game, and from what I have read it is a great game, by us supporting these issues, we are only hurting ourselves later. The gaming industry is falling apart and much of it has to do with there own damn fault.
You want sources I'm pretty sure, so here ya go:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/34...ine-piracy.htm

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Roc...ard-42648.html
http://techland.time.com/2012/05/18/...-here-to-stay/
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

post #40 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-20-12, 06:52 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOtherGuy View Post
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
I only speak for those that are tired of being exploited for their favorite hobby, GW may raise prices quite a bit, but they do not tell me when and how I will use their product. Finally we the consumer should not have to pay for a product with ridiculous strings attached to it, we deserve better, we are the ones putting food on the developer's tables and it is time that we vote with our wallet and exploit these bad unethical practices.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode